2014 MKC Spied

Just saying thats the next MkX.

Its more upright and has the upward swing in the front fender like the current MkX, which the MkC concept didn't have.

I don't know if I agree. I'm looking at the rear 3/4 profile of the 2013 MKX, the MKC Concept, and this camo vehicle. To me it looks like the slope of the roofline of this camo vehicle matches the MKC much more than the MKX (look at the rear 3/4 view for both). Also, look at where the cutline is located for the rear tailgate on camo vehicle vs. where the cutline is for the tailgate on the MKX--this is obviously the MKC with its clamshell tailgate. The rear seems more sculpted, and the taillight bits we can see also hint at the MKC.

I don't know if I agree. I'm looking at the rear 3/4 profile of the 2013 MKX, the MKC Concept, and this camo vehicle. To me it looks like the slope of the roofline of this camo vehicle matches the MKC much more than the MKX (look at the rear 3/4 view for both). Also, look at where the cutline is located for the rear tailgate on camo vehicle vs. where the cutline is for the tailgate on the MKX--this is obviously the MKC with its clamshell tailgate. The rear seems more sculpted, and the taillight bits we can see also hint at the MKC.

Well one must assume the next MkX would have a clamshell as well. Again, I think the thing that sets it apart is the front fender.

You beat me to these same points right down to the tail lights. It just seems strange that they'd have it so heavily camoed given that they've already unveiled the concept which is sure to be close the production version.

Well one must assume the next MkX would have a clamshell as well. Again, I think the thing that sets it apart is the front fender.

I wouldn't read too much into it. They could easily have placed extra padding underneath to disguise the fender; it's done all the time. Look at how there are two arcs side by side, one near where the MKX's crease is located and one lower near the wheel. That seems to imply there is padding underneath and we are not seeing the actual crease in the body panel.

I'll say I don't know for sure which it is. My speculation is that it's the MKC only because it's the next vehicle to launch, and we've not seen it out testing yet, as well as the design cues I see on there (taillights, etc). My thought with the MKX exhaust pipes (assuming it's the MKC) is as it's a testing vehicle, perhaps they're just reusing the MKX exhaust tips here? Or it will get the same pipes (which would be disappointing, as integrated units would look better).

As for those saying things along the lines of it not looking like the current MKX model? Why would it? It's to be an all new design, so why would it not looking like the current model mean anything? If anything, aside from the overall look/shape, it'd be disappointing for it to look like the current model, at least as far as I'm concerned. The next MKX could very well feature the clamshell design featured on the MKC concept and the Audi Q line.

That said, I still think it's the MKC.

After looking at it more thoroughly, I am convinced it IS the MKC.

Look at the lower air intake/grille - the vertical slats appear to line up with what we saw on the MKC concept. Also, the taillight design, as I previously mentioned (but didn't include pics of in this post).

Screenshot5_zps6331aa28.png

Lincoln-MKC_Concept_2013_1024x768_wallpa

As for those saying things along the lines of it not looking like the current MKX model? Why would it? It's to be an all new design, so why would it not looking like the current model mean anything? If anything, aside from the overall look/shape, it'd be disappointing for it to look like the current model, at least as far as I'm concerned. The next MKX could very well feature the clamshell design featured on the MKC concept and the Audi Q line.

I was saying it wasn't the MKX because it has so many obvious traits of the MKC concept, and we know the production MKC is to be revealed soon. Also, the scale is a giveaway; visually it appears to be smaller than the MKX in a number of photos, especially in the shot with the PT Cruiser in the background.

I was saying it wasn't the MKX because it has so many obvious traits of the MKC concept, and we know the production MKC is to be revealed soon. Also, the scale is a giveaway; visually it appears to be smaller than the MKX in a number of photos, especially in the shot with the PT Cruiser in the background.

Yup, I wasn't talking specifically to you, a few others made points along the lines of "it doesn't look like the MKX in ____ way" - I was just saying even if it were the new MKX (I agree, it's the MKC), why would you look for details like that of the current model MKX, when an all new model would more than likely (aside from the overall shape/stature as I said before) differ in most design traits from the current model.

I think we're both on the same page in saying it's definitely the MKC.

A nice effort. Minor kvetch: too bad the production version doesn't have the concept's flush-fit door-window glass. Lincolns should have this feature, IMHO. Sure, it costs more, but Lincoln is a luxury marque. :)

Lincoln isn't THAT type of luxury marque. And there are probably many good reasons to stick with known hardware design, especially since Lincoln is not a high-end luxury marque and is redressing a Ford Escape and can't do the re-engineering needed to make such significant changes. Lincoln is not an engineering house, it's a coach-builder.

Edited by BORG

What kind of pricing is to be expected, around $36,000?

I'm thinking that The Lincoln formula is Ford ??? Titanium +$8,000?

Maybe $33k for FWD model similarly equipped to Escape SEL and $36k similarly equipped to Escape Titanium, and $40k for AWD model with every single option thrown in.

Some likely competitors:

Acura RDX $34k~$41k

BMW X1 $31k~$50k

Infiniti EX $36k~$42k

Audi Q3 pricing not yet announced but it will start below Q5 which starts at $36k

The bigger Lincoln MKX and Lexus RX, as well as BMW X3 all start at $38~39k.

Escape Titanium and Fusion Titanium both start at around the same price, so it's reasonable to expect the MKC to be priced comparably to the MKZ. I'd guess $500-$1000 more for the base model but maxing out $2000-$3000 under the MKZ (as a result of slightly simplified options and a more traditional vista roof vs. the retractable glass of the MKZ). It's difficult to compare the base price to the cost of import brands since the base model imports tend to be more stripped down than base model Lincolns.

Lincoln isn't THAT type of luxury marque. And there are probably many good reasons to stick with known hardware design, especially since Lincoln is not a high-end luxury marque and is redressing a Ford Escape and can't do the re-engineering needed to make such significant changes. Lincoln is not an engineering house, it's a coach-builder.

"is redressing a Ford Escape and can't do the re-engineering needed to make such significant changes. Lincoln is not an engineering house, it's a coach-builder. " I'd call a different top hat a significant change in coach-building. :)