2013 Ford Mondeo? Why can't we have this?

Chris1970

The 2013 Ford Mondeo was just launched in China, curiously, with features that are not available in the states (although other car companies have features like this here).

Apparently, the Euro/Asian version of the Ford Fusion comes with full LED front lighting, to include LED low beams, LED high beams and Audi style LED accents/turn signals.

Why does it seem to be that the Euros get the high tech lighting package and we get the same ole same ole, even though other car companies have full LED front light packages here in the US?

Very disappointed in Ford :(

http://fusionecoboostowners.com/topic/335-ford-introduces-15l-ecoboost-for-mondeo/

What's the price of the Mondeo relative to that of the Fusion vs. the MKZ? If Europeans don't have a downscaled option, I'd say that it sucks for them more than us, but I don't know if that's the case or if they're getting all the bells and whistles for a better price. And are those lights optional, or are they upgrades? I remember reading somewhere that car buying in Europe is a lot more like ordering from an a la carte menu.

Edited by elle

You want a better Sony PlayStation 3 go to England. You want faster 100 megabytes per second download speed for less than American DSL go to Japan. You want a more luxurious car than the somewhat comparable Ford Fusion in the United States, buy a Mondeo elsewhere. There are always regional differences in products of all kinds..not just cars. Some areas don't even get Blu-ray and are forced to only buy their favorite movies in DVD still. How aggravating do you think it is for them to know the whole world has Blu-Ray except them? You're in America...home of the free as in everyone wants something for nothing, everyone is entitled to the same opportunities and chances as everyone else, and most importantly when buying a new car- everyone wants to save money. In other places there arent as many safety regulations, road rules, etc. for citizens so people can do more and manufacturers can too. In other places it may actually be worthwhile to offer more luxury than it is in others. That's just how it is. Just as expensive houses are created and sold in upper-class neighborhoods and not in downtown ghetto's...so are expensive cars with better options sold in some parts of the world over others.

I guess in terms of the Fusion to Mondeo debate...Europe is the upper-class neighborhood for Ford so they can offer them more and more first. And America is the middle-class, economy neighborhood where just as some people are just happy to have a roof over their head, we're just happy to get great MPG and cool features some of the "rich folks" have. Will we have everything they have? Nope...but at least we have more than those guys driving those other cars...

Edited by Powered By Fusion

biled.jpg

French technology was displayed with the BiLED projector. This technology features on the full LED headlamps developed by Valeo for the new Ford Mondeo, which was making its world premiere at the Paris Motor Show. Equipped with a shatter resistant plastic lens, the module enables the headlamps to switch instantly from low to high beam. In addition, power use in the low beam position is just 26 watts.

• Like 1

I need to find a euro dealer to order those off of.... Asap

Seems China will get the new Mondeo before Europe

u_20130418211108158-1.jpg

If you are in a hurry you best find a Chinese dealership. I think Ford said new Mondeo will be available in China this May.

In Europe we won't see it until end of 2014.

Wow, the lower amber strip is a bit overkill buf I am curious as to the plug and play of the mechanical part. Rewiring should be no big deal if we have access to the ESM somehow.

I repinned my Sonatas rear lamps to use the KDM rear tails as they were full LED from the manufacturer. If the mechanicals fit the wiring usually can be figured out. The issue is one brave sojl needs to pop for the cabinets to see what comes with them.

The lower amber strip image is the LED turn signal. The picture was taken to catch the moment when the light was blinking. Note the indicator on

the side-view mirror is illuminated as well.

Not all pictures are clear on a smart phone.. ;-). Still, if we can can our hands on an ESM (both foreign and domestic but thats a pipe dream) maybe we could all help the fiirst brave soul that is willing to risk a purchase.. :-D

I'm not actually sure that will work, just switching out the assemblies. The chinese version, the lower beam headlight "turns" as you turn the wheel, somewhat like the Tucker.

Which would lead one to believe there are also some "smarts" incorporated into it. IF (big if) they come at a stock X/Y/Z coordinate that are fixed and hold without any input it mights still work. But so little is known at this time.

Anyone notice that the euro Mondeo also has amber rear turn signals or a panoramic sunroof? Kinda jealous about the sunroof. Also the center console has a flip top to cover the cup holders. I also noticed in the same YouTube vid the gauges appear to be completely digital/LCD screens..

Anyone notice that the euro Mondeo also has amber rear turn signals or a panoramic sunroof? Kinda jealous about the sunroof. Also the center console has a flip top to cover the cup holders. I also noticed in the same YouTube vid the gauges appear to be completely digital/LCD screens..

Again, as akirby said

"The Mondeo is a premium vehicle in Europe therefore it gets more of the MKZ features to go along with the high price tag and there is no Lincoln brand to compete with. It's that simple."