Shanghai Concept Car?

Over at Left Lane News they are reporting that Ford is going to reveal a significant ( read: production preview ) new concept car. What could this be? The most obvious answer would be a developing market vehicle to sell in China, India, and Brazil. If this is the case it would make sense for it to be a B or C class sedan and or hatchback. I also imagine that it would be placed between the Fiesta and the Focus in the Ford lineup...kind of like a big brother to the Figo/Ikon. But there are other possibilities.

What about the rumored strecthed EcoSport?

Or some other king of small MPV?

Or perhaps it is a more direct preview of the next-gen Ka than the last Start concept was?

Or perhaps it is a preview of the next Fiesta?

Any thoughts?

Or perhaps it is a more direct preview of the next-gen Ka than the last Start concept was?

This might make sense, although I don't know if the market for an A class car is as significant in China as it is in Europe (i.e. perhaps the Ka would debut in Europe). Might it also be something in the commercial class of vehicle, either the TC or perhaps even the Transit?

The Raptor is really popular in Chinese black market. Maybe Ford is showing a Raptor'ized Ranger? Or maybe a Bronco based on the Ranger/Everest? :stirpot:

2ic5rw7.jpgdrool2.gif2ic5rw7.jpg

Not the ST either. It's totally off the radar.

hmm - I forgot about the Concept I half-expected last NAIAS: Cd4 S-Max

I also imagine that it would be placed between the Fiesta and the Focus in the Ford lineup...kind of like a big brother to the Figo/Ikon. But there are other possibilities.

Any thoughts?

I know Ford is gonna make a C1 Focus based low cost car for China and other emerging markets, a.k.a. a Focus "Figo", or Focus "Classic". But I'm not sure if it warrants a Concept Design, even as "production preview".