Lincoln MKZ Hybrid tested by C&D

...and he likely doesn't get why this is funny.

Surreal.

In any case, yet another article that agrees with what some have previously stated. with yet another Mercury comparison. As the sales of said vehicle apparently have been healthy, it's obvious some buyers don't care.

Yeah - that's not even worth a reply.
  • Like 1

Actually, I was figuring that you'd want the crack broken down into spreadsheets defining best and worst case scenarios for the fiscal quarter, thus translating it into the traditional language of your people.

If I were as mean as you think I am, I'd suspend you for that crack.
  • Like 2

Actually, I was figuring that you'd want the crack broken down into spreadsheets defining best and worst case scenarios for the fiscal quarter, thus translating it into the traditional language of your people.

Really Doctor McCoy...

Oh boo f$?@ing hoo! Lincoln is just a higher priced Ford. So f$?@ing what? AUDI is just a higher priced Volkswagen and Bentley is a higher priced AUDI. BMW? Why for f$?@s sake would I pay $40000 CAD ENTRY PRICE for a slightly larger compact with a 2.0L DI Turbo I4 with no navigation or voice command, leatherette seats and hard plastic inner door sides? I can get a MKZ MID SIZED sedan with real leather, navigation SYNC, but same four banger. What did you say? Oh, it's wrong wheel drive...whatever (making skeeting gestures).

• Like 1

Certainly a good review. They didn't even speak badly of the car, just truthful. Nice to see some honesty and not just praising everything under the sun.

Here's my issue, and my biggest gripe with many if not most reviewers these days.

They bring up the MKZ's platform mate IMMEDIATELY. They don't even get into the body of the text yet... by the time you finish reading the tagline, they may as well be saying "MKFusion MKFusion MKFusion."

Yet, and this is my hallmark example, I read a review of the Infiniti JX some weeks ago. If they ever mentioned that the JX was an Infiniti-fied Nissan Pathfinder, it was buried. IF they mentioned it at all.

OH, and to further illustrate my point, they reviewed the Cadillac XTS Vsport today as well. No mention of the fact that the car is essentially a Buick LaCrosse plus Art and Science.

But with EVERY Lincoln they review, the underlying theme is "why not get the related Ford?" It would be nice if they were consistent one way or the other. Either mention ALL the mainstream cars that the luxified versions come from... or don't mention any of them. But that would require some journalistic integrity, which I hear we've run short of during the recession.

(I sound like RJ now...)

Oh boo f$?@ing hoo! Lincoln is just a higher priced Ford. So f$?@ing what? AUDI is just a higher priced Volkswagen and Bentley is a higher priced AUDI. BMW? Why for f$?@s sake would I pay $40000 CAD ENTRY PRICE for a slightly larger compact with a 2.0L DI Turbo I4 with no navigation or voice command, leatherette seats and hard plastic inner door sides? I can get a MKZ MID SIZED sedan with real leather, navigation SYNC, but same four banger. What did you say? Oh, it's wrong wheel drive...whatever (making skeeting gestures).

Pretty much agree, except for VW Group. Few Audis are related to Volkswagens... and as far as Bentley, the Mulsanne and the "real Bentleys" stand alone. The Continental line (sedan and coupe) are actually kitted-out VW Phaetons, strictly speaking. Hey, they found a use for them after all... :ohsnap:

• Like 1

Here's my issue, and my biggest gripe with many if not most reviewers these days.

They bring up the MKZ's platform mate IMMEDIATELY. They don't even get into the body of the text yet... by the time you finish reading the tagline, they may as well be saying "MKFusion MKFusion MKFusion."

Yet, and this is my hallmark example, I read a review of the Infiniti JX some weeks ago. If they ever mentioned that the JX was an Infiniti-fied Nissan Pathfinder, it was buried. IF they mentioned it at all.

OH, and to further illustrate my point, they reviewed the Cadillac XTS Vsport today as well. No mention of the fact that the car is essentially a Buick LaCrosse plus Art and Science.

But with EVERY Lincoln they review, the underlying theme is "why not get the related Ford?" It would be nice if they were consistent one way or the other. Either mention ALL the mainstream cars that the luxified versions come from... or don't mention any of them. But that would require some journalistic integrity, which I hear we've run short of during the recession.

(I sound like RJ now...)

Pretty much agree, except for VW Group. Few Audis are related to Volkswagens... and as far as Bentley, the Mulsanne and the "real Bentleys" stand alone. The Continental line (sedan and coupe) are actually kitted-out VW Phaetons, strictly speaking. Hey, they found a use for them after all... :ohsnap:

If VW GROUP shares platforms or going that route, they should get the same scrutiny as FMC/LMC. Bentley was called out for having VW switchgear in C/D. What makes AUDI A3 different than the Golf? Different wheel spoke patterns so you have to pay extra for steel wheels for winter. I call that a ripoff. I agree with what you're saying. The reviews may be true to some, the points at the end of the day are irrelevant and you can pretty much insert any company in there to replace FMC/LMC.

The fact that close on 30% of all MKZ sales are hybrids and at least half of those are reserve trim level

must completely elude the research of C & D.

What's also painfully obvious is that the Lincoln's MKZ buyers must not read C & D

let alone care what they do or don't think Lincoln buyers should accept...

Edited by jpd80

If VW GROUP shares platforms or going that route, they should get the same scrutiny as FMC/LMC. Bentley was called out for having VW switchgear in C/D. What makes AUDI A3 different than the Golf? Different wheel spoke patterns so you have to pay extra for steel wheels for winter. I call that a ripoff. I agree with what you're saying. The reviews may be true to some, the points at the end of the day are irrelevant and you can pretty much insert any company in there to replace FMC/LMC.

Well, the A3 is pretty much a GTI, and C&D LOOOOOOOOVES the GTI, so I figure they give it a pass. :do what:

The A4-through-A8 are their own entities (but I do believe they share some switchgear from VW).

But do I expect them (or MT) to change? Probably not...

• Like 1

But with EVERY Lincoln they review, the underlying theme is "why not get the related Ford?" It would be nice if they were consistent one way or the other. Either mention ALL the mainstream cars that the luxified versions come from... or don't mention any of them. But that would require some journalistic integrity, which I hear we've run short of during the

recession.

Exactly....there is no credence to what they are writing...it seems like the basic template for writing a Lincoln review is mention its Ford platform mate with in the first two paragraphs of the review...yet Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, and others all get a free pass when it comes to platform sharing.

• Like 3

They even went out of their way to say the suspension design was the same and then barely mentioning the Lincoln Ride Control in the next paragraph. They also forgot to mention standard LED headlamps and a few other features that set it apart from the Fusion.

They went in with a bias and sought results to back up that bias. The motorweek review while nice was a little too nice as are most of their reviews. They tend not to criticize anything too much, especially new vehicles.

The truth is somewhere in between. Can Lincoln do more to differentiate the MKZ? Of course and they should. But does that mean the current MKZ is as bad as some reviewers make it out to be? Of course not.

• Like 1

They even went out of their way to say the suspension design was the same and then barely mentioning the Lincoln Ride Control in the next paragraph. They also forgot to mention standard LED headlamps and a few other features that set it apart from the Fusion.

They went in with a bias and sought results to back up that bias. The motorweek review while nice was a little too nice as are most of their reviews. They tend not to criticize anything too much, especially new vehicles.

The truth is somewhere in between. Can Lincoln do more to differentiate the MKZ? Of course and they should. But does that mean the current MKZ is as bad as some reviewers make it out to be? Of course not.

In the end it's the owner's opinions that count....I like mine.

• Like 4