Ford lets cars find parking spots

You're welcome. Feel free to screen grab this too.

Oh Em Gee! A moderator "liked" a post! For shaaaaame. :runaway:

So...does that mean you can come out of the basement now?

Amazing that this behavior is tolerated yet I'm the one being publicly threatened with being banned for discussing topics like an adult and supporting arguments with facts.

• Like 1

Amazing that this behavior is tolerated yet I'm the one being publicly threatened with being banned for discussing topics like an adult and supporting arguments with facts.

Hard to believe, isn't it? I mean, really, the innocent gets singled out while the guilty just get by with a pass. It's just crazy! It's like when you are on the highway, and the cop pulls you over for doing 3 over when the next guy doing 20 over doesn't even get noticed. That's just absurd! Must be because you drive a Dodge.

So you're obtuse AND delusional. Got it.

I don't think you understand the definition of the words you are posting...but nice job getting the spelling right.

from Merriam Webster:

ob·tuse

adjective \äb-ˈtüs, əb-, -ˈtyüs\

: stupid or unintelligent : not able to think clearly or to understand what is obvious or simple

de·lu·sionnoun \di-ˈlü-zhən, dē-\

: a belief that is not true : a false idea

: a false idea or belief that is caused by mental illness

de·lu·sion·al adjective

adjectivenoun

: a word that describes a noun or a pronoun

Yep, he got it.

• Like 2

Yep, he got it.

He's completely wrong. Just because someone does not agree with YOUR OPINION does not mean they are delusional or obtuse....well, except in the BONer world.

You and I don't agree for some reason, but I do not believe you are delusional or obtuse. And, I don't have to resort to petty name calling like you, akirby, and others need to do when a disagreement occurs. I stopped doing that way back in elementary school.

So, about the self-parking system... it gets a lot of buzz because Ford is implementing it on many of its videos.

However, I seem to recall that Lexus was the first brand to have a self-parking car (the current/outgoing LS). Yet they have not expanded this availability... and I wonder why.

As far as my views on such a system, though, I'd see it as a toy or a novelty and nothing more, especially since I park pretty well on my own. I don't even use cruise control.

• Like 1

I'm not a pilot, but I'm told (by a recently-retired ATC) that Airbus computers can override the pilot, and that it contributed to a crash. I've not checked into it myself.

Planes will be moving away from radar in the next few years to onboard GPS so that all planes appear on airport computer traffic control,

pilots will be able to monitor other planes around them as needed via GPS and on board radars.

Self parking cars is just the next step in autonomous vehicles and traffic control.

Edited by jpd80

Planes will be moving away from radar in the next few years to onboard GPS so that all planes appear on airport computer traffic control,

pilots will be able to monitor other planes around them as needed via GPS and on board radars.

Self parking cars is just the next step in autonomous vehicles and traffic control.

Exactly. The silliness aside, I don't get the objections. Think of it this way: If one thinks someone who uses such a feature is a terrible driver, wouldn't they be exactly the person you'd want to have the feature?

It's natural evolution and allows manudacturers to test automated controls in low leverage situations.

Exactly. The silliness aside, I don't get the objections. Think of it this way: If one thinks someone who uses such a feature is a terrible driver, wouldn't they be exactly the person you'd want to have the feature?

It's natural evolution and allows manudacturers to test automated controls in low leverage situations.

Yeah, another simple one is perimeter sensors let drivers know how close they are getting to other vehicles,

a lot of people now accept these as practical assistance for any driver not sure of parking distances.

He's completely wrong. Just because someone does not agree with YOUR OPINION does not mean they are delusional or obtuse....well, except in the BONer world.

You and I don't agree for some reason, but I do not believe you are delusional or obtuse. And, I don't have to resort to petty name calling like you, akirby, and others need to do when a disagreement occurs..... I stopped doing that way back in elementary school.

I was going to continue this here, but after some thought, instead I will PM it to you....

Edited by twintornados

Yeah, another simple one is perimeter sensors let drivers know how close they are getting to other vehicles

I could've used that the other day when I was parking my mom's '12 Explorer in the insanely tiny parking spaces at the hospital. I did fine without it, but it would've been nice to have, particularly given that I'd never driven it before--and the people in that lot appeared to be congenitally incapable of parking squarely in the spaces...

Oh, I doubt they'll move *away* from radar, but it will play a smaller role in piloting the aircraft. Radar would still be useful in tracking older aircraft that will still be sharing the sky unless you're going to force ever Joe, Bob, and Larry who owns a small or experimental aircraft to go install a GPS beacon.