New Lincoln Commercial

Yeah, the light bar looks extremely similar but doesn't seem to have the part that goes up on the ends. It looks like a straight light bar. Not sure I'm describing it well enough.

Perhaps a teaser of the new MKS?

That's my guess. It could just be an optical illusion but the light bar looks flatter and the top of the trunk lid doesn't appear to be raised up like the MKZ.

Nope, this one is new. Did anyone catch the rear of the vehicle they're covering up as she walks past?

Hmm I could swear there was something like this before, a "history of Lincoln" type bit with shots of the mkz, maybe 3 months ago? Oh well, serious deja vu...

Boom, found it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv3P4Z0-o7s

Edited by drob23

I still don't see it. I think you guys are reading far too much into it. Plus, I'm sure the MKS will have some unique styling to it and won't be a scaled-up clone of the MKZ.

But why would they show it that way - as a teaser with a cover coming off with a quick pan - if it was just the current MKZ?

* ahem *

01.jpg

Nov18'13 BurlappCars

makes me wonder if I was more right than I knew when posting

anticipating seeing the MKS-replacement sometime next year and on-sale early the year after but "Barring a surprise (which is not impossible)..."

the car in the video-captures looks much more rounded to me

+

looks to me like the tailpipes slant is reversed from TCC photo akirby posted

Edited by 2b2

Yup, I agree with others above, definitely a different car. The spoiler on the trunk looks a lot different along with it being much more rounded. Also looks like the bumper and diffuser are really different, but that could just be the focus.

The only other thing I could imagine is that this was the old MKZ concept, but the lights don't really line up either, I also vote MKS concept...

New-Lincoln-MKZ-Concept-rear.jpg

elsewhere there's a number of posters who think it looks smaller than the MKZ - or even the LincStang - & are suggesting a MkFocus blink.gifimage.gif

MK focus would be sweet, the focus is an awesome car. Come to think of it, there aren't really many luxury hatchbacks out there, let alone cool ones. Soooo much utility from a hatchback! Actually, how awesome would a Focus ST based Lincoln be? While I love the ST, many of it's detractors harp on boy racer styling and busy interior/uncomfortable bolsters. Only problem I see is not having the proper transmission for the application, that DCT would be a disaster for a luxury car and no way they sell a Lincoln with a manual lol

^ just-imho

I'd leave the "MucK" on the smaller vehicles

and INVEST in Names for the upper models

& re: the Focus-ST

I was trying to come up with a strategy that would use a Focus-RS for a littlest Lincoln...

...but failed, even in my own estimation

[ broken record ]

I really prefer

mkesig.jpg

as the smallest-tho-not-cheapest Lincoln ($40-70k)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...