I have no clue why, but this beast appeals to me

Mom had one of those in white with a red interior and the faux paneling on the sides....that car was awesome and would bitch slap any of today's SUVs....used it to haul everything and I remember one frigid night going on a run to save my brother who had been out snowmobiling and his Ski-Doo Bombardier 12/3 crapped out...we managed to get it into the back of the wagon and drove it home....fun times!!

My mom had a big brown one. Ours had a foldout back seat in the rear portion that you could conceivable stuff 4 more people in it (10 seater). I was the youngest of six, so I often was thrown in the back along with a sibling as the 8 of us would go on trips in it from time to time. Also, Mom was always a favorite for field trips at the school, as she could take half the class in her boat (field trips back then went by volunteers).

I like the look of the '71-72 LTD-Country Squire. I think the Mustang Bullitt wheels would look better. I voted Nice Price.

the 400 Cleveland engine has lots of potential.

"It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas."

Edited by Mark B. Morrow
  • Like 1

I love it. Even the 05 era Mustang aluminum wheels (which were loosely based off the AC Cobra) keep it in the Ford realm. ANY Squire (Galaxie, Fairlane, Torino, Falcon, Fairmont,..... Pinto!!! is cool by me.

Too bad we never had a Maverick Squire. Might make a fun Photo chop.

I love early 70's Ford wagons...at least the intermediate and full size.

1. They're some of the last Fords from a grand era.
2. Any corporate V8 will fit under those massive hoods.
3. Simple as hell to modify/upgrade.
4. I will always like wagons better than mommy-vans and wannabe SUVs (CUVS) that never see dirt. For this reason, I'm thrilled the Flex is potentially getting another generation.

I love it. Even the 05 era Mustang aluminum wheels (which were loosely based off the AC Cobra) keep it in the Ford realm. ANY Squire (Galaxie, Fairlane, Torino, Falcon, Fairmont,..... Pinto!!! is cool by me.

The Brazilians had a Maverick Wagon. It's too bad the U.S. didn't get this one. It would have been a good replacement for the Falcon.

post-16479-0-77631900-1394289720_thumb.jpg

post-16479-0-35202700-1394289740_thumb.jpg

post-16479-0-06248100-1394289763_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark B. Morrow
  • Like 1

HOLY GEEZ NOW I SEE IT!

To a degree, it seems like they were trying to recapture some of this with the Freestyle and Flex but neither caught on. Too bad, because it added something a little different in a sea of cloned CUVs.

IMHO, the concepts were charming, but the charm got rationalized away, for the best of reasons, to save money. :)

Ford-Fairlane_Concept-2005-1024-04.jpg

3275017187_82303c0a2a.jpg

1872222788832088.jpg