MKC reviews coming in

Translation - it's not nearly as bad as we thought it would be.

So the only real complaint is a slow downshift for passing which is easily remedied by using the paddle shifters or Sport mode.

On the one hand I like the MKC a lot better than the Escape. I prefer the styling but the wife isn't a fan of the grille. And I like some of the additional features. What I did not like was the $7K price difference vs. a fully loaded titanium Escape.

Not saying it's overpriced or not worth it. If she preferred the MKC styling and features or there was something she disliked about the Escape we would have gotten the MKC.

I still think this will be the volume winner for Lincoln just like the SRX is for Caddy. And it will add much needed volume and profits (and a bit more respect as we've already seen in the media).

I have been reading all the reviews, many with obvious slants, but good over all.

I wish they would show up at the dealers so I could test drive one and judge for myself. Lincoln said on their web site that the MKC would be available in the spring and here it is summer.

Is it true in that first review that it weighs almost 4,000 lbs with AWD and the 2.3 engine? Not a big deal, but a little surprising considering an Explorer 4WD V6 comes in around 4,500 lbs and it's a heck of a lot larger. It seems the Escape is quite a bit lighter so I guess they have added a lot to this vehicle.

Edited by 2005Explorer

JUST ARRIVED.

I am now the owner of the MKC. The car is terrific! The ride, power and overall quality can not be matched at it's price point. I now have the MKZ and the MKC and love both cars. I just hope Lincoln can get folks into the show room.

• Like 4

JUST ARRIVED.

I am now the owner of the MKC. The car is terrific! The ride, power and overall quality can not be matched at it's price point. I now have the MKZ and the MKC and love both cars. I just hope Lincoln can get folks into the show room.

Congratulations! Keep us informed and of course pictures.

• 4 weeks later...