C-Max MPG my real life experience

We are on a trip this week from the Charlotte NC area to Chattanooga TN area. Took I85 to Atlanta then I75 to Chattanooga in our C-Max. Temps are mid upper 80's to lower 90's so AC is necessary. There are 2 of us traveling and we have baggage for about 10 which for us is usual. :) After arriving to destination we are above 49 MPG and tickled. We used cruise control on ECO mode which helps. There are a lot of steep hills some with extra lanes for slow moving trucks. We just crossed 22K miles while driving today and we are getting the best mileage since purchase. I do not know how others drive but I do drive to get good mileage by paying attention to traffic and use regen brakes for near 95% eff. I can't wait for some to question the numbers but I checked the numbers twice and there are no math issues.

Edited by 4d4evr
  • Like 2

We are on a trip this week from the Charlotte NC area to Chattanooga TN area. Took I85 to Atlanta then I77 to Chattanooga. Temps are mid upper 80's to lower 90's so AC is necessary. There are 2 of us traveling and we have baggage for about 10 which for us is usual. :) After arriving to destination we are above 49 MPG and tickled. We used cruise control on ECO mode which helps. There are a lot of steep hills some with extra lanes for slow moving trucks. We just crossed 22K miles while driving today and we are getting the best mileage since purchase. I do not know how others drive but I do drive to get good mileage by paying attention to traffic and use regen brakes for near 95% eff. I can't wait for some to question the numbers but I checked the numbers twice and there are no math issues.

Congrats, I took a trip this past weekend in a Caddilac SRX of 200 plus miles with the cruise set at 79 mph and got 23 mpg. AC wide open and rolling. No eco mode or no BS just hauling ass. Spot on the EPA sticker and running harder than I should. Couuld have done bettter. Just didnt try. Caddy SRX 17/23 with the LFX and its strong and delivers. Continue to be more and more impressed.

A friend of mine drove his vintage Austin Healy to a wedding in Newport RI from Yarmouth ME. While there the Austin blew the harmonic balancer and had to rent car to get his car trailer to get the car back to Maine. He was given C Max as a rental. This guy is a car and motorcycle nut and does not bother himself with economy minded efforts. I will say this he was impressed with the fact that he used less than 4 gallons to go 188 miles and in his words, " this car had some kick when you stepped on it".

Congrats, I took a trip this past weekend in a Caddilac SRX of 200 plus miles with the cruise set at 79 mph and got 23 mpg. AC wide open and rolling. No eco mode or no BS just hauling ass. Spot on the EPA sticker and running harder than I should. Couuld have done bettter. Just didnt try. Caddy SRX 17/23 with the LFX and its strong and delivers. Continue to be more and more impressed.

I'm happy for both of us. I suppose you spent your money on what you wanted as did I. You evidently choose a high seating position for good visibility and easy in/egress and not jusr a gussied up SUV. While hauling ass is OK I choose to be more aware of those around me, such as asthma and other breathing problems as well as damage to our home, the earth. Also you get the advantage of us, other eco car owners, by having lower gas prices since we use less and leave more for the gas hogs. Maybe when you grow up and realize there are other people living around you you will decide to be more aware. I may have a small penis but it does not bother me. ;)

• Like 2

Took I85 to Atlanta then I75 to Chattanooga.

Fixed that for you, but it's cool 'cause 85 and 77 = Charlotte. :)

I wanna see what your mileage is on the return trip coming back down the mountains and hills.

Also, I'm lucky to hit 21 on a highway trip in my Rainier. Tradeoff, I guess...

Fixed that for you, but it's cool 'cause 85 and 77 = Charlotte. :)

I wanna see what your mileage is on the return trip coming back down the mountains and hills.

Also, I'm lucky to hit 21 on a highway trip in my Rainier. Tradeoff, I guess...

Yea will thanks for the correction.

We are going home another way to visit some relative in western NC. Leaving Saturday and I will report our experiences.

I'm happy for both of us. I suppose you spent your money on what you wanted as did I. You evidently choose a high seating position for good visibility and easy in/egress and not jusr a gussied up SUV. While hauling ass is OK I choose to be more aware of those around me, such as asthma and other breathing problems as well as damage to our home, the earth. Also you get the advantage of us, other eco car owners, by having lower gas prices since we use less and leave more for the gas hogs. Maybe when you grow up and realize there are other people living around you you will decide to be more aware. I may have a small penis but it does not bother me. ;)

lol, The SRX has terrible visablility imo and may be the worst in class I dont know. This is my main gripe with it. But its plush, and powerful and smooth. I dont give a damn what I am doing to the earth. I am here to burn rubber and all the gas I can in Mustangs and I am going to follow through on that. Just count on that.

I am glad to see you have a sense of humor. You cracked me up with the small penis comment. :hysterical: We may have more in common than you think! :hysterical: :hysterical:

oh damn I just focused, an SRX? Oh my friend who works at the Caddy dealership service center says 7 out of their 10 vehicles in for repairs are always SRXs, and has been for the past few years, he warns everyone to say away from it. The funny part he tells me is the DTS is the vehicle the is in there the least. And this new XTS supposedly had some strut and tranny issues early on they are still hammering out... ok continue on...

I wonder if there would be merit in Lincoln offering hybrid and maybe energi versions of MKX,

that would seem to be the next logical step in hybrid expansion with Lincoln, thereby offering

a specific point of differentiation with other brands..

lol, The SRX has terrible visablility imo and may be the worst in class I dont know. This is my main gripe with it. But its plush, and powerful and smooth. I dont give a damn what I am doing to the earth. I am here to burn rubber and all the gas I can in Mustangs and I am going to follow through on that. Just count on that.

I am glad to see you have a sense of humor. You cracked me up with the small penis comment. :hysterical: We may have more in common than you think! :hysterical: :hysterical:

there is a difference in laughing with you and laughing near you...

Since your ego allows you to think you are in this world alone and have no concern for others needs, well you can figure out the rest...... :doh:

• Current Vehicle:2005 LS

.....Also you get the advantage of us, other eco car owners, by having lower gas prices since we use less and leave more for the gas hogs.

Since when was a 2005 Lincoln LS classified as an "eco car"?!?!?

Either A.) you need to update your .sig BIG TIME or

B.) you're a friggin' Troll playing the "self righteous" card to annoy the motorheads on here.

HTFH

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

Since when was a 2005 Lincoln LS classified as an "eco car"?!?!?

Either A.) you need to update your .sig BIG TIME or

B.) you're a friggin' Troll playing the "self righteous" card to annoy the motorheads on here.

HTFH

-Ovaltine

updated cars owned, sorry for not keeping you up to date on the cars owned

I remember the days ovaltine was a chocolate drink and was advertised on kids shows

Came back today and had a terrific rain storm almost all the way home. For the 1st part of the trip drove around 50 or even less because of visibility and hydroplaning, there were several wrecks. Had not thought before today how much standing water could affect MPGs. We got 41.7 for 1st half of trip during the heaviest rain and got better the last half at 47.7. Still pleased though we did not get the 49 we achieved going there.

updated cars owned, sorry for not keeping you up to date on the cars owned

I remember the days ovaltine was a chocolate drink and was advertised on kids shows

Came back today and had a terrific rain storm almost all the way home. For the 1st part of the trip drove around 50 or even less because of visibility and hydroplaning, there were several wrecks. Had not thought before today how much standing water could affect MPGs. We got 41.7 for 1st half of trip during the heaviest rain and got better the last half at 47.7. Still pleased though we did not get the 49 we achieved going there.

Thanks for the report on your C-Max. Unfortunately, your thread was dive bombed by a few people

with issues not really related to the topic at hand. I'm pleased that the C-max performed well by

giving impressive mileage. Too often we let a few negative stories cloud our judgement of hybrids.

Do you notice much differnce with temperature, does heater or A/C have an affect on fuel economy?

I still remain hopeful that Ford will expand it hybrid portfolio to include more performance versions,

a 3.5 DI V6 hybrid in an AWD Fusion could be a viable alternative to an Ecoboost ST offering.

Maybe there's also opportunity for Ford to also increase the fuel efficiency of the gas engines too.

Edited by jpd80

Here is a question I want to ask of you liberal green energy nut jobs. I bought a 2003 Honda 750 motorcycle that gets me 50 mpg consistant. Its as reliablale as the sun coming up in the east. Tell me again why I want by buy a hybrid like the Cmax or others? Please do the math to proof it. You cant. You have a straw man argument imo.

Not picking on Ford her but everybody. Green energy and hybrids are a joke when you put pen to paper.

Stereotype much??

We are participating in the Lincoln Date Night promotion on Tues. What are we driving you ask?? A MKZ hybrid. See, we have our 8000lb fuel sucking beast (the F250 CrewCab 4x4 V10), we have our fun and fast practical SUV (our Explorer Sport), and we have our race car (our Yenko Stinger that will hopefully be on the road within the next year, with its original race engine). So, when planning for our next vehicle, what would we get?? We were interested in the MKZ when we bought our Sport, but they were not available yet, so why not have our cake and eat it too. So, we are looking at something that gets great mileage. I'm not talking CMax mileage here, but a nice luxury vehicle with all of the trimmings that gets great mileage. Then, we can relegate the Fuel Sucking Beast ( a term of affection) to part time duty.

I guess that makes me a "liberal green energy nut job." Cool, I'm a liberal green energy nut job who was a certified pistol instructor and has a safe full of guns. Short of a couple of views, I'm about as far from a liberal as you can get.

4d4evr, thank you for the thread. I always enjoy reading about your accomplishments with your CMax. It goes to show that it really is all in how you drive. My Sport always gets EPA averages, or above, yet I am constantly told that EB engines don't come close to their averages. I guess I just got a good one. LOL

• Like 1

Here is a question I want to ask of you liberal green energy nut jobs. I bought a 2003 Honda 750 motorcycle that gets me 50 mpg consistant. Its as reliablale as the sun coming up in the east. Tell me again why I want by buy a hybrid like the Cmax or others? Please do the math to proof it. You cant. You have a straw man argument imo.

Not picking on Ford her but everybody. Green energy and hybrids are a joke when you put pen to paper.

chevys said :Please do the math to proof it. proof it your selffffffffffffffffffffffffff hahahahahah

You are not as intelligent as a strawman hahahahahahahahahahahhahahah

Dam if Forest has not come back to prove to one and all how totally ignorant he is.

Forest, you see some of us are not like everyone else. I'm 66 and have a retired wife and we usually travel together. No HD for us. We go visit our grand kids, friends and even go to church together. We often buy groceries and sometimes we even stop at the hardware store to buy products to improve our environment, you know like a house. We have only one vehicle so we bought a hybrid because it fits most of our needs as a daily driver as well as save us about $100/mo. Our needs since we are older we wanted a vehicle that has easy in/egress and high seating position for good visibility for safety. We would have considered the Prius but did not like the low seating and NO power when needed. Our 1st option was an Escape but the for the same price we got everything for the same price.

Now why don't you go jerk off somewhere else where folk might be interested in your idiocy.

Thanks for the report on your C-Max. Unfortunately, your thread was dive bombed by a few people

with issues not really related to the topic at hand. I'm pleased that the C-max performed well by

giving impressive mileage. Too often we let a few negative stories cloud our judgement of hybrids.

Do you notice much differnce with temperature, does heater or A/C have an affect on fuel economy?

I still remain hopeful that Ford will expand it hybrid portfolio to include more performance versions,

a 3.5 DI V6 hybrid in an AWD Fusion could be a viable alternative to an Ecoboost ST offering.

Maybe there's also opportunity for Ford to also increase the fuel efficiency of the gas engines too.

We keep in an attached garage in winter so not really gold in southern NC most of the time, but yes, heating does hurt a couple of MPG, slightly more than AC. We are conscientious about not using any unnecessary power but we use AC as wife does not like the windows down, messes with her hair. I think winter gas is probably the biggest differentiator, more so than temp. We do drive speed limit most of the time and are averaging 47 since purchase. I believe based on our results that most who get lower MPGs are the ones who choose to drive harder than we do, my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Stereotype much??

We are participating in the Lincoln Date Night promotion on Tues. What are we driving you ask?? A MKZ hybrid. See, we have our 8000lb fuel sucking beast (the F250 CrewCab 4x4 V10), we have our fun and fast practical SUV (our Explorer Sport), and we have our race car (our Yenko Stinger that will hopefully be on the road within the next year, with its original race engine). So, when planning for our next vehicle, what would we get?? We were interested in the MKZ when we bought our Sport, but they were not available yet, so why not have our cake and eat it too. So, we are looking at something that gets great mileage. I'm not talking CMax mileage here, but a nice luxury vehicle with all of the trimmings that gets great mileage. Then, we can relegate the Fuel Sucking Beast ( a term of affection) to part time duty.

I guess that makes me a "liberal green energy nut job." Cool, I'm a liberal green energy nut job who was a certified pistol instructor and has a safe full of guns. Short of a couple of views, I'm about as far from a liberal as you can get.

4d4evr, thank you for the thread. I always enjoy reading about your accomplishments with your CMax. It goes to show that it really is all in how you drive. My Sport always gets EPA averages, or above, yet I am constantly told that EB engines don't come close to their averages. I guess I just got a good one. LOL

thanks for your kind words, Some a$$holes around here need to learn some manners, or just learn something.

Good luck with your date night and actually I am one of those lib, dem nut jobs but I try to to live my life and let others live theirs, unless they are always showing their ignorance by calling me out, then I try to proooooffff it to them like chevys asked me to. ;)

thanks for your kind words, Some a$$holes around here need to learn some manners, or just learn something.

Good luck with your date night and actually I am one of those lib, dem nut jobs but I try to to live my life and let others live theirs, unless they are always showing their ignorance by calling me out, then I try to proooooffff it to them like chevys asked me to. ;)

And there is nothing wrong with that. At least for the time being, folks are allowed to have their own beliefs and values, and everyone should respect other peoples beliefs and values. Being judgemental, and trying to force ones ideas on everyone is where the problems start. We work very hard to try to teach our 12-year-old that people are different, and to respect everyone, even if they do not believe as you do.

akirby, chevys deserved it. He came into 4d4's thread with his only idea being crapping on it. That should never be allowed. Standing up for yourself should always be allowed. Again, we have taught our son that he always has the right to defend himself, no matter what the schools say. At some point, some neanderthal is going to have a broken nose, and our son will probably be suspended.................. and he has our complete support.

akirby, chevys deserved it. He came into 4d4's thread with his only idea being crapping on it.

Of course he did, but allowing it to continue back and forth would serve no good purpose and 2 wrongs don't make a right.