2015 F-150 Order Guide

And I'm saying that Ford believes they won't have to adjust and that buyers will pay the premium. And based on 30+ years of the F series being the #1 selling vehicle I trust they know the market better than you do.

I'd be shocked if they have to offer big incentives or lower prices. I think they'll be happy with higher ATPs even if volume drops a little.

The folks who shop on price go for the cheapest model period and usually end up with leftover models and fire sales or stripper door busters.

The folks who shop on price go for the cheapest model period and usually end up with leftover models and fire sales or stripper door busters...........not so, price always has been a factor, thus the existance and survival of such companies as True Car.com. Cars Direct etc etc , laughing ALL the way to the bank at the expense of the dealer body..ie, throw out a low ball price and leat the Dealerships deal with all the BS.....

• Like 1

I think the pickup market in California and the pickup market in the south and midwest might be slightly different......

I know in GA there are very few stripper trucks outside of work/fleet trucks.

that could be true, here the majority are XLT's with a dash of Lariats.....hell, even those right now arent cheap..for the life of me I dont know how people afford em...and thats the 2014's

In 2004,during the last big F150 change, Ford had a big price hike. The 2004, like 2015, Ford was way ahead of the Chevy and Dodge pickups...they tried no rebates... They told us that the Ford was such a superior truck( it was)..that it did not need to be incentivized....that lasted about 90 days...then Ford got with the program... and got competitive...NOT THE CHEAPEST...but Competitive.

And I'm sure those rebates were figured into the msrps already and they were just testing the waters without them.

Today almost everyone expects a $2K-$3K rebate. If Ford tries it without rebates then goes back to $2K-$3K then that's not a big deal.

If they go from $2K-$3K to $6K - $8K then that would be a sign that they missed the market.

I think the pickup market in California and the pickup market in the south and midwest might be slightly different......

Yep, and that's not just a Ford thing. I've seen several High Country Silverados here, for example, but almost no base trucks.

Yep, and that's not just a Ford thing. I've seen several High Country Silverados here, for example, but almost no base trucks.

interesting, that said I wouldnt doubt theres more commercial vehicles here in So Cal, the amount of construction here probably reflects the population....and everywhere I look theres buildings, both residential and Commercial going up...this place is crazy, no wonder its bumper to bumper here, the infrastructure cant handle the population...yet they STILL build....

It is a little different. The King Ranch and Titanium are not big sellers here because those kind of buyers here would have a Mercedes or Audi as their primary car. They don't need a bling truck because they don't use the truck that way.

Retail buyers of F-150 in California tend to still view their truck as more utilitarian as oppose to daily luxury vehicle so XLT is definitely the main seller.

Edited by bzcat

It's hard to find a dealer around here (other than those who are big fleet dealers) who have more than one or two base/stripper models on their lots. The last time I checked, my dealer (who has a few hundred F-Series among their three lots) only had two STX regular cabs (a few more STX SuperCabs), and almost no XLs at all. They're mostly stocking higher-trim models.

It is a little different. The King Ranch and Titanium are not big sellers here because those kind of buyers here would have a Mercedes or Audi as their primary car. They don't need a bling truck because they don't use the truck that way.

Retail buyers of F-150 in California tend to still view their truck as more utilitarian as oppose to daily luxury vehicle so XLT is definitely the main seller.

doesnt hep that we also have the most expensive Gas around either......ARG!