2015 F-150 Order Guide

Bump...heres a more informed reality check regarding price increases...

The 2015 F-150 is much more expensive. Here are how some popular configurations price out compared to a similarly equipped 2014:

Super Cab XLT 301A 4wd w/ 5.0L, chrome & tow: + $2325 ($42,635 vs. 2014 $40,310)

Super Crew XLT 302A 4wd w/eco & tow: + $2025 ($46,355 vs. 2014 $44,330)

Super Crew Lariat 502A 4wd w/eco & tow: + $2220 ($53,745 vs. 2014 $51,525)

Super Crew Platinum 700A w/eco, roof & tow: + 3350 ($57,965 vs. 2014 $54,615)

And how many more features are standard for a given configuration, plus how many more features are new, never given before?

Once those figures are calculated in, I'm getting the gap isn't as large.

considering how much was std to begin with how much more was added?, heres a couple...base difference $395...5.0 engine $595 increase.....those ARENT new features....what I found amusing was the mere $395 initial bump...cheekily mis-leading

Edited by Deanh

considering how much was std to begin with how much more was added?, heres a couple...base difference $395...5.0 engine $595 increase.....those ARENT new features....what I found amusing was the mere $395 initial bump...cheekily mis-leading

$395 is a 1% price increase on a $40K truck.

Super Cab XLT 301A 4wd w/ 5.0L, chrome & tow: + $2325 ($42,635 vs. 2014 $40,310)

Super Crew XLT 302A 4wd w/eco & tow: + $2025 ($46,355 vs. 2014 $44,330)

So, it costs about 5% more to go aluminum? Either the added value will be acceptable, or it won't, but IMHO, buyers will accept the price of progress. :)

Inflation is 2.8% or something like that so 5% increase factor in higher content and potentially much better MPG is not that big of a deal.

I noticed Deanh only listed the increase on the 4WD models... maybe some option packages specifically on the 4WD model has changed - for example, are they comparing the same axle ratio?

Edited by bzcat

More standard features = more money. It's not just because of the aluminum.

not entirely true, on base models ..ie 101a package, XL decor package WAS standard, so was Trailer Tow...now those two options are additional cost....sneaky dont you think. Personally i dont care, and understand, but i also veiw the $395 price increase as somewhat of a white lie...

Inflation is 2.8% or something like that so 5% increase factor in higher content and potentially much better MPG is not that big of a deal.

I noticed Deanh only listed the increase on the 4WD models... maybe some option packages specifically on the 4WD model has changed - for example, are they comparing the same axle ratio?

FYI...Limited slip is now N/A, replaced by electronic locking only...

So there's a price increase on a brand new model? Shocking!!!!!!

not the point akirby...is it the $395 that was publicized?.....I fully understand the price increase, FULLY, and I was shocked to READ it was but $395 base difference, only to find out otherwise...so should I have relayed to clients asking about price increases it was but $395?...because until I had researched I would have...

not the point akirby...is it the $395 that was publicized?.....I fully understand the price increase, FULLY, and I was shocked to READ it was but $395 base difference, only to find out otherwise...so should I have relayed to clients asking about price increases it was but $395?...because until I had researched I would have...

Well I would never assume that the base equipment levels would be the same between model years and I would never simply compare base models.

No different than taking a 5 lb coffee container and reducing it to 4 lb while keeping the size and price the same.

Caveat emptor.

not meaning to stir the pot, thats not the intent, but if I ordered a burger , and was then charged for the buns, mayo and Ketchup was additional...maybe thats a bad parallel but....

If you knew when you ordered the burger that condiments were extra then there is no issue, regardless of whether it used to be free........

Well I would never assume that the base equipment levels would be the same between model years and I would never simply compare base models.

No different than taking a 5 lb coffee container and reducing it to 4 lb while keeping the size and price the same.

Caveat emptor.

the coffee container is a good example, seen that before as well...it too is mis-leading....unfortunately the "buyer beware" scenario, does NOTHING but make those trying to explain, look like the bad guys...ie us and ford.

If you knew when you ordered the burger that condiments were extra then there is no issue, regardless of whether it used to be free........

love to see your reaction if you saw $1.99 happy meal, and then when ordering was told the container was $1 more....lol...