MKX Prototype Spied

http://www.tflcar.com/2014/10/is-this-the-2016-lincoln-mkx-prototype-caught-in-the-wild-spied/

I'll also include a link to the thread a fellow member, joseodiaga4, started with the original link.

http://www.tflcar.com/2014/10/is-this-the-2016-lincoln-mkx-prototype-caught-in-the-wild-spied/

I posted it here because I think it got lost in the Lincoln thread area.

• Like 1

I still think the first gen MKX was the most attractive on the outside.

I agree....the current model looks nice on the front, but lost some individuality when going away from the full width lightbar.

I do think the new concept looked great, though.

and the Lincoln lineup continues to strengthen...Z, C now X, all IMO excellent efforts.....and now GRWD?.....lol, sorry, how can one resist that remark....

What do you think of the MKC interior compared to the (older) MKZ interior? The MKC reviewers repeatedly said it was much better than the current MKZ. Just wondering if you concur.

I think he means the MKZ interior (current, but older than) compared to the MKC interior. The theme is incredibly similar between the two but the MKC is getting much higher marks.

That's why I was confused haha.

I've not had much seat time in the MKZ, but I was very impressed with the MKC. I think they used much better materials in the MKC, where they kinda cheaped out on the MKZ. Our auto show is coming up in a few weeks, I'll be happy to check the MKZ out more there. I know in the MKC, they used leather on the dash, and real wood and metal trim, whereas i think it was plastics in the Z.

No - sorry. I meant the current MKZ interior which is an older version of the new MKC interior. Apparently MKZ was the first try and they made significant upgrades for the MKC version.

edit: PD nailed it.

Well, the MKC has a great interior, so they did their job.

What do you think of the MKC interior compared to the (older) MKZ interior? The MKC reviewers repeatedly said it was much better than the current MKZ. Just wondering if you concur.

cannot offer an opinion, I cant recall ever seeing the older Z interior...DO like the new Z interior though...LOVE that car the more I see it. Ok just read the comment about Leather used in the C where plastics are utilized in the Z, and Im enthralled with the Z interior...just keeps getting better doesnt it?

Edited by Deanh

cannot offer an opinion, I cant recall ever seeing the older Z interior...DO like the new Z interior though...LOVE that car the more I see it. Ok just read the comment about Leather used in the C where plastics are utilized in the Z, and Im enthralled with the Z interior...just keeps getting better doesnt it?

I was talking about the difference between the current MKZ and MKC interiors.

I had an MKZ 3.7 loaner for 3 days and test drove an MKC 2.0 both black on black. For me, the current MKZ interior (which I like) comes of as modern yet sterile while the MKC has more dimension. They are similarly styled but the C has a more "crafted" interior - if that's the right word. The open pore wood & metal trim curves not just in plan but in section, too. It feels and looks more expensive but that might be due to the upgraded leather. The Z door panels have no detail where the C has extra stitching. The Z also benefits from having less sparkly flat black plastic on the console. Both are an upgrade from the '10 MKS. I've decided to wait for the '16 MKZ before making a decision on my next car.

Sheesh. That looks terrible. Why do people will like that look?

Think about it this way: Why do men's suits have lapels, and why do men wear ties with suits/blazers?

It's a decoration that makes sense only within an established convention.

For this class of person, the convention is that a fake convertible roof = class. If you want to blame anyone, you can blame Lee Iacocca, who spent much of the 60s and 70s doing his best to convince people of it. He was doing this, of course, because----as mentioned in another thread---it added minimal cost, while adding a fair bit of value.

You could try convincing them that times have changed, but you'd probably have to start by convincing them that thick pile powder blue carpet is *also* no longer in style. And that carpeted kitchens are passe, and so on and so forth.....