2016 MKX

True,

but one would hope that one days those average people grow up, get old, and have a little extra money to upgrade their Fords

Improving the overall perception of the brand would still be a good step for Lincoln, and they got a good start at that with McConaughey and Ellen

More good brand imaging, and following through with great vehicles will seal the deal

They had a new MKX on the floor of the portland auto show this week. I walked by it and had to do a double take because I was positive it was just an MKC at first glance.

They look much more similar in person than I was expecting. From the front it's especially hard to differentiate.

It looked nice though.

They also had a new edge sport in a gold color. That thing was awesome.

If Lincoln's strategy is still wanting people to recognize it's a Lincoln, not a Lincoln model X so people will think they see more Lincoln on the road... Mission Accomplished!

However, from MKX owner's point of view, we want to be able to tell from a glance, it's the X, not the C.

However, from MKX owner's point of view, we want to be able to tell from a glance, it's the X, not the C.

Why? Can you tell an Audi Q3/5/7 at a glance? BMW X1/3/5? It's the same basic style just in a different size. No differentiation needed unless you're trying to show people that you spent a little more money on the X over the C.

Why? Can you tell an Audi Q3/5/7 at a glance? BMW X1/3/5? It's the same basic style just in a different size. No differentiation needed unless you're trying to show people that you spent a little more money on the X over the C.

That's seems to be most luxury makers strategy, Lincoln is following suit, doing a pretty good job, too. I think I stated that already.

For me, I like my vehicles unique. That's why I picked Mercury over Ford, then Lincoln over Ford when Mercury was axed.

I l wonder if a LWB version of MKX is possible to make a nice 3-row SUV that could replace MKT and sit under Navigator.

Tha would fill the pack nicely....

Seriously doubt Lincoln will get a unique version of existing engine,

if anything we could see the larger 3.5 EB, something you can't get in Edge...

I would be very surprised if MKX doesn't come with 3 rows of seats as options; if not at launch, then soon after. All the engineering work has been done on the 7 seat version of Edge, and MKX already has the long roof line to accommodate the 3rd row. You don't even need LWB.

• 3 weeks later...

MKX Reserve - what comes as standard equipment on this vehicle other than the Glass roof and LED headlights

EchoBoost engine ?

22 way Drivers seat ?

Climate Package ?

Revel Audio - 19 speakers or 11 speakers ? or neither ?

Roof rack bars ?

Should be virtually identical to the MKC reserve package:

Reserve 102A
Features include:
  • Leather-trimmed heated and cooled front bucket seats
  • Lincoln unique steering wheel with Wollsdorf leather
  • 10-way power front passenger seat with lumbar support
  • Ambient lighting
  • Universal garage door opener
  • Auto-dimming driver's side-view mirror
  • LED turn signal indicators on side-view mirrors
  • Auto-folding side-view mirrors
  • Daytime running lamps - configurable
  • Cargo cover
  • Panoramic Vista Roof® with power shade
  • Navigation System with voice activation
  • Hands-free liftgate
  • BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert
  • Power tilt/telescoping steering column
  • 18"" Polished Aluminum Wheels with Dark Stainless Painted Pockets
  • Embedded modem

think on the MKX there is 3 groups - and i am concerned about what is on the "Select" group different than on the Reserve Group

also all of the above items, any are included in the Reserve Group ? Dealer is not sure - and the order guide is not that specific either.

also the Revel Radio - one extra has 19 speakers - and another has 11 speakers - and there is a standard radio - no one is sure what comes with what package - i would think Climate package would be included in the best one , and maybe the 11 speaker Revel Radio -

Hopefully a Rep. will let my dealer know more -

The guide they had - was just like a brochure- with out specifics of what was included - specially on Radio, Climate,

etc. - so the dealer said he would have to talk to his Rep, to find out if certain options were already included in the Reserve Package .

The climate package is optional on both the Select and Reserve packages on the MKC. So is the THX Audio system so Revel should also be optional on both packages.

I'm not sure why you're ignoring the MKC options - there is a 95% chance the MKX will be identical.

There are some changes from the 2015 MKZ to the 2016 MKZ in package groups for Select and Reserve. The MKC and MKX might follow those updates as well.

MKX Reserve - what comes as standard equipment on this vehicle other than the Glass roof and LED headlights

EchoBoost engine ?

22 way Drivers seat ?

Climate Package ?

Revel Audio - 19 speakers or 11 speakers ? or neither ?

Roof rack bars ?

Standard on Reserve

Front Heated and Cooled Seats

MyLincoln Mobile with Embedded Modem

Vista Roof® with Power Shade

BLIS

Voice-Activated navigation

20" Polished/Premium Paint Wheel

Adaptive HID Headlamps

The MLM (with LTE?) is new.

Then there are several option groups only Reserve can get.

There are some changes from the 2015 MKZ to the 2016 MKZ in package groups for Select and Reserve. The MKC and MKX might follow those updates as well.

Has anyone seen a "real" order guide ? From the limited information I have seen the LED headlights (not the Signature LED string of lights around the headlights) are only available as an OPTION on the Reserve, for $4,400.00 and the REVEL 19 speaker radio as the LUX package - kind of pricey for 19 speakers and LED headlights. Also anyone know of a "Build your own" information for the 2016 MKX -