CT6 leaked in Caddy Oscars commercial

silvrsvt

Looks badass....

Looks like everything else in the lineup. As I said above, I thought it was a refreshed CTS when I saw the commercial. Not a good thing for what's supposed to be some magical fantastic "bring Cadillac back to prominence" flagship vehicle.

Not to say it looks bad, but if expect more of an effort in differentiating it given the hype and hoopla....then again, from GM, I wouldnt.

GM apparently forgot a cardinal rule of automobile styling - styling cues and design should trickle down, not up. This car looks too much like the cheaper and smaller ATS and CTS. I'm not sure that people are going to trade in their S-Class or even the 7-Series for this.

I'm not liking the "Dare Greatly" ad campaign so far. Maybe it's because I am so not a fan of Edith Piaff (the song grates on my nerves). The themes are dark, it's rainy - but what better way to show the shiny white Cadillac at the end.

The "reinvent" part confuses me. How exactly are they reinventing themselves? Is it the revised logo/emblem?

The car itself (aside from the Nissan-esque cuts in the lights) doesn't look that different from their other cars. I mean, it looks like a nice, safe design that blends in with all the other Cadillac cars.

I think it's going to look nice sitting on the lot next to all the other Cadillac cars sitting on the lot.

FTFY

Lol

It do have better presence then any recent large Cadillac sedan, imo older B-body like proportions.

On a side note Chevy needs help on the retail Impala, recently looked at one in a showroom and I was insulted Chevy want $35-37k for a loaded 4-banger Impala . You can easily get a R/T Charger, a sel/SHO Taurus, an decent Avalon, Genesis or even V8 300 for that coin.

I would hope to see an Impala based of the Caddy with a standard v6.

• Like 1

Cadillac needs a big sedan to replace the DTS (the XTS is too narrow and basically a stretched mid sizer), but the CT6 will be far too expensive and feature laden. The CT6 would succeed at $45,000 to $65,000, but will cost far more than that.

I hear the base CT6 replaces the XTS. I'm guessing prices will start at $50-55k and up to $90k for a loaded v8 version. I don't think the Cadillac will up the price too much as many expressed about the ATS/CTS, also if $90k too much $4K more buys a base S-Class

So now they'll have 3 vehicles competing for the same buyers instead of the 2 they have now versus the one they had a couple of years ago.

???, maybe pricewise but not sizewise, the CT6 is an inch or so longer then the XTS. I highly doubt an ATS buyer will switch and buy a CT6 .

I totally forgot about STS, it did do well in the market till the bigger 08' CTS showed up and V8 models were killed .

The STS/Seville was always the midsize Cadillac and the CTS replaced STS with the Alpha model. How come now a midsize Cadillac is a bad idea when Caddy always had one for sale? . The ATS is where the pre 08' CTS left off.

Edited by Fgts

Not ATS but certainly CTS.

It would make a lot more sense if CT6 was supposed to be a 7 series/S-class competitor to differentiate it from CTS. Otherwise they're too close together.

I seriously doubt CT6 will add incremental sales. They'll just add 300-400 units per month at the expense of CTS sales mostly.

How come now a midsize Cadillac is a bad idea when Caddy always had one for sale?

Can't tell if serious.

The problem is not the existence of a compact Cadillac.

Nor is it the existence of a midsize Cadillac.

Nor is it the existence of a large Cadillac.

It is that every single one of these vehicles is priced wrong causing a huge amount of overlap and customer and dealer dissatisfaction.

• Like 1

Not ATS but certainly CTS.

It would make a lot more sense if CT6 was supposed to be a 7 series/S-class competitor to differentiate it from CTS. Otherwise they're too close together.

I seriously doubt CT6 will add incremental sales. They'll just add 300-400 units per month at the expense of CTS sales mostly.

It's not positioned as a 7-series competitor because they're going to do another sedan above the CT6...

Surely a Cadillac-exclusive family of V6 engines will help, right?

From Q&A with De Nysschen:

When will Cadillac phase out the 3.6 V6? It doesn't offer the power or refinement to compete with zee Germans. - TurboS60

Great question. We have an entirely new family of V6 engines coming soon, premiering in CT6. We will release technical details of this next month. Today's twin turbo version could hardly be described as lacking power or refinement- the latest version, in the ATS-V, for example, comprehensively eclipses any comparable offering from Germany.2