Sync3 and date MY16 orders start?

macnab

Nowhere in the articles I've seen about Sync3 does it say that MY16 cars will have it. Can anybody say if they will?

I see that last year Ford started taking orders in March. Is that typical and can we expect MY16 to begin this month?

There is no such thing as typical with Ford nowadays. A 2016 model could hit the showrooms as early as January 2015 or as late as spring 2016. Each vehicle usually gets its own dates unless there is a platform change that affects multiple vehicles in the same plant.

Ford did acknowledge that sync3 will be rolling out with the 2016 vehicles but they have not confirmed any specific vehicles or timeframes yet. It all depends on when it's ready to go and they may not know that until the last minute in some cases. This should be confirmed by the time the order bank opens for each vehicle.

• Like 1

Don't count on Sync 3 being in the 2016 Fusion. I don't think even the 2016 Edge has it.

2016 Edge is not out yet! The all new 2015 does not have it, but someone else on here said that the 2015 will be a short model year... I am sure it will be on the 2016. :camera:

• Like 1

2016 Edge is not out yet! The all new 2015 does not have it, but someone else on here said that the 2015 will be a short model year... I am sure it will be on the 2016. :camera:

Interesting, didn't realize the redesign was a 2015 model. Seems silly they wouldn't just jump to 2016 considering it's already almost April and they're barely even on dealer's lots yet.

Interesting, didn't realize the redesign was a 2015 model. Seems silly they wouldn't just jump to 2016 considering it's already almost April and they're barely even on dealer's lots yet.

It's a long story, but the short version is it was supposed to be out last fall but got delayed for unknown reasons.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I prefer the look of the current MFT to the Sync 3 thing. It looks like it's from some cheap smart phone from 5 years go.

Plus I have 0 issues with the current MFT.

Having been able to play with it for a couple months now I too like it. From what I've seen of the "new & improved" version I'm happy with the current version.

For anyone that wants to play with the current version just download "MyFord Touch Guide" to your phone, it works just like the one in a car. Just configure it to the appropriate car model and whether you want the "Navigation" option.

It's a pretty good guide and you don't have to sit in the car running the battery down!

Screenshot:

17063730546_7b3ce16cd6_c.jpg

Edited by kfengler

• 2 weeks later...

MY2016 Order Bank Open Date 2/2/15

MY2016 Production Startup Date 4/6/15

As per weather or not its going to have Sync3? I doubt it but would love to see it... Will have to wait until they start to hit the lots...

No Sync 3. Here's a new 2016 on cars.com Updated center stack looks nice though.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/634605776/overview/

18.jpg

So any idea what the 2016 cluster looks like with Sony audio? Couldn't find it online at all.

The Mondeo (international version of the Fusion) has had the physical buttons since last year. The 16 Fusion Titanium interior is the same.

Ford-Mondeo_Hybrid_2015_1024x768_wallpap

Why would it be any different from the 2013-2015?

Because people (and journalists) hate touch sensitive buttons, for some reason.