Tesla Model X To Start Above $100k, 240 Mile Range

fordmantpw

According to the configurator, prices start at $132,000 for the launch edition. The "Ludicrous Speed" package is $10,000 alone, so clearly you have to pay to play in the high-tech SUV world. An entry-level Model X should fetch somewhere in the neighborhood of $100,000 to $110,000, but Tesla hasn't released pricing yet for the full range.

Gullwing doors? 3.8 second 0-60? Why go to the extremes if you really want to expand electric cars to more of the public?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/connectedcar/tesla-model-x-will-cost-over-dollar100k-go-240-miles-per-charge/ar-AAdQfxf?ocid=ansmsnautos11

To be fair, I think just the launch "signature edition" starts at $132K. I assume the "regular" model after that will be cheaper than that. but I understand what you mean.

Maybe with the Model 3......hmm is it coincidence that that rhymes with Model T?

Edited by rmc523

• 2 weeks later...

Model X is just minivan version of Model S so price will be similar: $70k~$140k depending on option and battery size.

Model 3 will come out after the giga factory starts pumping out cheaper batteries. Tesla has said it will start at $35k.

Ahhh gotcha... do we know much about Model 3? Given the price differential will this be the Yugo of Tesla or will it only be good for 90 miles or something ;)

Model S competes with cars like BMW 5/6 series, Mercedes E/CLS class, and Audi A6/7.

Model 3 will compete with BMW 3/4 series, Mercedes C class, and Audi A4/5.

$35k is probably absolute base price with smallest battery and no options. I'd expect the average price somewhere near $50k which will be the middle battery size and decent selection of options - not unlike the prices you see with the German brands. I seem to recall Tesla saying 200 mile range but I could be wrong.

Edited by bzcat

• 2 weeks later...