Do you consider the Edge a "single guy" or family car

denka321

I am considering an Edge but some of my friends joke with me that it's a family guy or girlie car. I want to get the titanium with 20" wheels and panoramic roof in black. I think it looks sporty. The explorer is too big for me and the escape is definitely a girlie car. I have a 2010 escape now and I like that boxy look. I love the grand cherokee but the overland is 54k, way too much!

Ford did a great job with the interior of the edge and I find it very comfortable.

What's the demographic here of edge buyers.

Thanks

Personally, I think the Edge is versatile and can be either a single guy car or a family car. Nick (RIP), one of our long term members, had an Edge Sport, and I would not have considered him a 'girlie guy.' :) My nephew just bought an Edge as well. I don't think it is girlie at all.

But, really, if you like it, go for it. Who gives a flip what others think?

• Like 2

Some good comments here. I don't care what others think if I do get the edge. Ford did a nice job with the interior. I test drove a MKZ and I was very disappointed with the interior finish and materials. The edge was much nicer.

I like the new MKX but I am not paying the extra money for it. I would really rather have a mustang and it they made one all wheel drive, I would have bought it yesterday.

Some good comments here. I don't care what others think if I do get the edge. Ford did a nice job with the interior. I test drove a MKZ and I was very disappointed with the interior finish and materials. The edge was much nicer.

I like the new MKX but I am not paying the extra money for it. I would really rather have a mustang and it they made one all wheel drive, I would have bought it yesterday.

Buy what you want. It's a lot of money to spend.

I had a mustang and after a few inches of snow, I was done. Plus the sub-division I live in, it's last on the snow plow list and I would get stuck a lot. My friend has an ATS AWD and that sucker plowed through most conditions. If I lived in Atlanta, the mustang would have already been ordered...lol

I had a mustang and after a few inches of snow, I was done. Plus the sub-division I live in, it's last on the snow plow list and I would get stuck a lot. My friend has an ATS AWD and that sucker plowed through most conditions. If I lived in Atlanta, the mustang would have already been ordered...lol

But did your old mustang have winter/snow tires or all season tires? It makes a huge difference (so I'm told..... :) )

People used to drive cars without seatbelts or airbags.

We had snowmageddon during the last Super Bowl. My dad got sick and was taken to the hospital by ambulance. The streets were unplowed. I ended up ferrying all my siblings that night because my Escape was the only one our cars that could get through. He ended up being ok, but it convinced me I would never be without an AWD vehicle. My Flex (FWD) is pitiful in the snow.

• 1 month later...

So - nobody drove in snow with all those RWD cars in the 70s and 80s?

Yes, I drove rear drivers and got around in worse snow here in Ohio than we have now. Absolutely hate front drivers in snow and ice. As a result, everything we have is AWD/4X4.

Edge fits all drivers, men, women, single family. Very good compromise