F150 Raptor Configurator is Online

Yes, and I have configured one (actually about a dozen) and want one .... BADLY!!!! That truck just looks amazingly badass! I have been gradually turning my 2015 F-150 into a Raptor (exhaust, suspension, all-terrains, wheels, etc.) but I'm not about to attempt the unique hood and body panels.

I ordered one with an MSRP of $64,540. Got what I wanted/needed and nothing more but from what I have seen from others, people are going everything including the kitchen sink on quite a few orders. I have seen some north of $70,000. I'm hoping we start to see some of the 2017's on the dealer lots soon.

My dealer did a 1000 over invoice, which I didn't complain about, considering my salesman, who is a family friend, said they have had many brokers trying to buy their allocation for over msrp. I have to say, my dealership has a lot of integrity compared to a lot of others in hearing. They also gave me 45600 for my 2013, which I thought was really good.

@tbone sounds like a great deal all around. My dealer is also a family friend and we have a similar deal going. Sounds like exactly the same conversations that I've had with him regarding other dealers looking to buy his allocations. He said he even had one guy ask if he could buy my place in line.

we got allocated 6 for the first allocation ( 6 months ) all are presold at 10k over MSRP. If what some of you guys are saying, that you have deals in place for $1000 over invoice, no offense, but I find it a tad hard to believe.....and our buyers had shopped....than again the So Cal Market can be somewhat different to others....

we got allocated 6 for the first allocation ( 6 months ) all are presold at 10k over MSRP. If what some of you guys are saying, that you have deals in place for $1000 over invoice, no offense, but I find it a tad hard to believe.....and our buyers had shopped....than again the So Cal Market can be somewhat different to others....

My thoughts exactly Deanh,

If California buyers could preorder Raptor from somewhere else for much less over MSRP,

it would be cheaper to do that, save $9K by arranging delivery themselves (self drive / transporter)

I don't see this happening with such tight allocations in the foreseeable future.

Edited by jpd80

I know when my dad ordered his, it was sounding like the 10K is what the markeup would be. We'll see what he works out when it arrives....I wonder when they'll start getting sent out after the quality holds.

I'm glad that you are selling them for over MSRP. Hopefully that will keep the value up over the long term.

Perhaps you're buyers should have negotiated better.

There are thousands of Ford dealers in the US. Surely some of them would gladly sell at MSRP. Apparently these customes have money burning a hole in their pocket.

Hard to say for sure - dealers willing to sell at MSRP could be sold out. But my point was it's not as simple as being a better negotiator. In a buyer's market with more demand than supply the market sets the price and your negotiation skills don't matter.

Some dealers know how to make a one-time sale and some know how to earn a customer for life. My dealer is in the second category. This will be the fourth vehicle that I've purchased from him since 2005. Not a huge deal but not bad for a dealer in a town with a population of 1811.

Some dealers know how to make a one-time sale and some know how to earn a customer for life. My dealer is in the second category. This will be the fourth vehicle that I've purchased from him since 2005. Not a huge deal but not bad for a dealer in a town with a population of 1811.

Exactly the same reason my dealer does what they do. This will be my fourth vehicle from them since 2011, and my Dad has bought two there in that same time frame. This is not the most convenient dealer for me to get to, but they work hard to get my business, so my family and I will continue to buy vehicles from them because of it.

Edited by tbone
  • Like 1

There's a lot full of Raptors waiting for the okay to ship, they however are being driven very hard and speedily to this holding lot and have a great sound. Didn't notice if repairs are being done to the ones in the holding lot or maybe done in the future and that is why they are all siting there.