Ford Confirms Plan: More SUVs/CUVs, Fewer Cars

Will Ford come full circle with offering multiple types of vehicles in the market, Mulally consolidation gives way to more variety?

I just wish Fields had done more than juice the death out of Mulally's good work and actually done a better job with

ramping up product delivery. You can give him a pass for being caught with rapid change away from cars but the

analysis says he caused / hastened that by fearing a slow down - self inflicted problems instead of growth

Edited by jpd80

Am I right in thinking the more cash Ford has the less focused and disciplined they become

Great to see F Series barrelling along and the large SUVs sale coming back to life, fresh Explorer and the table is set.

Hard to believe that Ford made $20 Billion profit off vehicles like that in 2000 or 2001 before it all went sour.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

I thought that was always the plan....to pare down to One Ford, and then once that was stabilized, add more niche products on those consolidated global platforms. Obviously it wasnt.

Oh I’m pretty sure that was the plan but I think it flew back to Seattle with Mulally.