• Custom Search

Cford716

F250 ride height change

This was brought up in another forum, and I recall hearing about a change. But does anyone know if the 2020 F250 height is lower than the 2019? And if so by how much?

"That 1.5″ number is for single rear-wheel vehicles, while the dual-rear wheelers are lowered by about an inch, according to the Ford engineer."

“IMO, the benefits are obvious. Handling, fuel mileage, cargo floor load height, more level towing of fifth wheel trailer, easier to get in and out of. What is the benefit of raising a truck outside of ‘it looks cool?’ Maybe if you are a serious off-roader? But who would pick a Super Duty for that?”

Makes sense to me, but it may not look as aesthetically pleasing. I guess Ford is going more for function over form.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/did-ford-secretly-lower-the-2020-super-dutys-ride-height/

I took receipt of my 2020 F-350 last weekend... 

Since I use mine to tow my large fifth wheel, I was concerned about the ride height..

On the F-350 4X4, the 2020 is just about exactly 2" lower from the ground to the top of the bed rails AND from the ground to the top of the bed than my 2015 .... 

I don’t know how I feel about this. Perhaps they should make raising or lowering it an option. 

57 minutes ago, tbone said:

I don’t know how I feel about this. Perhaps they should make raising or lowering it an option. 

I know how I feel.  I wish my 2017 was 1.5-2" lower than what it is, so I think a '20 would be about perfect.  

3 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

I know how I feel.  I wish my 2017 was 1.5-2" lower than what it is, so I think a '20 would be about perfect.  

I can understand why some would need it or want it. Which would be why I would suggest that it’s an option one way or the otherI can understand why some would need it or want it. Which would be why I would suggest that it’s an option one way or the other

4 hours ago, tbone said:

I can understand why some would need it or want it. Which would be why I would suggest that it’s an option one way or the otherI can understand why some would need it or want it. Which would be why I would suggest that it’s an option one way or the other

You can say that again!  😄

But yeah, I could see where it would be nice to have the option.

Perhaps the theory was Tremor package is what is supposed to serve the higher ground clearance role, but I can’t imagine industries that regularly use 4 wheel drive would pop for that.  

59 minutes ago, tbone said:

Perhaps the theory was Tremor package is what is supposed to serve the higher ground clearance role, but I can’t imagine industries that regularly use 4 wheel drive would pop for that.  

No, there have been a lot of complaints about the additional height of the 2017+ Super Duty, especially from the fifth wheel and goose neck towing crowd.  I couldn't get my previous fifth wheel to ride level and still have enough bed rail clearance with my '17, but it was perfect on my '08.  The lowering of the '20 was in response to that.

I actually recall this same complaint in 99, when Superduty first came out. 

I personally liked it because I’m an off-road guy, but I certainly understood it from a utility and trailering perspective.