HotRunrGuy

Mach-E sales down?

I would have thought the 6700 produced in March would have resulted in higher April sales.  Unless they're "produced", but waiting on chips to ship?

https://www.investors.com/news/ford-stock-mustang-mach-e-sales-slow-after-taking-tesla-market-share/?src=A00220

HRG

Mach-E April sales.JPG

Mach-E March production.JPG

34 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I would have thought the 6700 produced in March would have resulted in higher April sales.  Unless they're "produced", but waiting on chips to ship?

https://www.investors.com/news/ford-stock-mustang-mach-e-sales-slow-after-taking-tesla-market-share/?src=A00220

HRG

There's a backlog of Mustang Mach-E retail orders in which the cars have been produced but are not ready to ship to dealerships, for whatever reasons. My wife's Mustang Mach-E First Edition falls into this category.

Also, monthly sales numbers should be compared against the same month a year prior, not to the previous month or 2 like the investors.com article did. Ford should immediately return to quarterly sales reporting. There is no good reason to report monthly sales numbers for the media.

Edited by rperez817

10 hours ago, rperez817 said:

There's a backlog of Mustang Mach-E retail orders in which the cars have been produced but are not ready to ship to dealerships, for whatever reasons. My wife's Mustang Mach-E First Edition falls into this category.

Also, monthly sales numbers should be compared against the same month a year prior, not to the previous month or 2 like the investors.com article did. Ford should immediately return to quarterly sales reporting. There is no good reason to report monthly sales numbers for the media.

And Dealers are really just now starting to get some Mach-E stock units to add to the units in the transportation service program.