Sign in to follow this  
Stevens7.3

'10,000/9,900 GVWR Package'

I was reading on the Tremor forum this isn't the package you want as it reduces payload capacity, does another package need to be selected? I see this package on my invoice from the dealer and want to see if I can change it before the truck gets built. FWIW this is on a 7.3L gas truck.

If I understand correctly you want to have the dealer remove this from the order otherwise you will have derated payload

I've been wondering the same thing as it's something I should have researched better before placing our order?  If there is a reduction/derate in the payload capacity, is it really real, or just shows a reduced capacity on the yellow sticker on the door.  Ours will be licensed with a farm plate in Nebraska, so fees will be the same regardless.

remove it.  Some states consider higher payload as commercial vehicles.  Placard reduction keeps the truck as non commercial

17 hours ago, road turtle said:

remove it.  Some states consider higher payload as commercial vehicles.  Placard reduction keeps the truck as non commercial

Is this something I could call Ford on if the dealer can’t? I only say the dealer is because the sales manager I ordered it from is out on vacation and I ordered it on 4/26 so based on what I’ve seen it could be scheduled for around the end of July or beginning of August. 

I researched this myself because no one at the dealership could answer this for me.  In Texas, if the truck has a GVWR of 10,000 or less, the registration each year is $54.  If the GVWR is between 10,001 & 18,000 (don't hold me to the upper number) the registration is more than double that per year.  So yes, I checked the 9900 GVWR checkbox on my new order...

1 hour ago, todd270 said:

I researched this myself because no one at the dealership could answer this for me.  In Texas, if the truck has a GVWR of 10,000 or less, the registration each year is $54.  If the GVWR is between 10,001 & 18,000 (don't hold me to the upper number) the registration is more than double that per year.  So yes, I checked the 9900 GVWR checkbox on my new order...

and if you run into LEO that actually knows to check trucks GVWR, you could get a ticket for that if you're over... admittedly, the odds are really low.

10 minutes ago, road turtle said:

and if you run into LEO that actually knows to check trucks GVWR, you could get a ticket for that if you're over... admittedly, the odds are really low.

I won't dispute what you say, as I don't know.  But, as a former LEO myself, I can estimate those odds of being about the same as winning the lotto...  😁

11 minutes ago, todd270 said:

I won't dispute what you say, as I don't know.  But, as a former LEO myself, I can estimate those odds of being about the same as winning the lotto...  😁

It's like towing mirrors, every once in awhile you win the lottery :).. Friend of mine was at a park out west, people were coming complaining there was an LEO about a mile down the road, pulling over vehicles without towing mirrors.  It happens, but extremely rare.  Luckily, in my state with it's over priced registration, there's no advantage to down sizing weight classification.