bshort

Ford isn't scoring any points

Ordered an F250 in May and it was delivered in late August.  When the dealer received it, there were a few issues with the truck.  Missing interior trim, delaminated glass, bent bed metal, scratched cab corner and a few other minor issues.  I took delivery with the dealer's assurance that the necessary parts would be two weeks out.  I was apprehensive that the parts would be allocated for current builds, but was told they'd be expedited.  Four weeks later, nothing.  Calling Ford I get transferred to other departments, hung up on, and connected to more dead ends.  Been through customer assurance, to marketing, to corporate and back to marketing...just to wait on hold and get hung up on.  Great customer service! 

The last new Ford I purchased was 2008.  I've had a pair of 2001's, a 2003 and a 2008 that were all flawless.  Went to Toyota, Chevrolet and GMC for awhile and they were all great trucks as well.  Decided to try Ford again and that seems to be a mistake.  Ford customer service is a joke, the quality control person is blind and it appears corporate is asleep at the wheel.  

14 minutes ago, coupe3w said:

Blame it on COVID

Maybe the government will take care of everything for me, since Ford could care less.  Wish they had an email address, so I could maybe get a dismissive auto reply.  😂

Finally got someone to answer the phone, but they were of no help whatsoever.  I had to read the vin to the lady like I was teaching the alphabet to a 4 year old.  Seriously took 4 tries for her to get it correct and I even phonetic'd the letters.  Basically put the blame back on the dealer....so now I'm stuck in a circle jerk between Ford and the dealer, with each pointing the finger at the other.  To add additional insult to injury,  I'm still having to fight to get my FordPass Rewards points.  

Just bring it back to the dealer with a big sign on it explaining what is going on. LOL

With all due respect, COVID is playing absolute havoc with supply chains all over.  I own a residential water treatment company, and we've been hit with supply issues from every direction - resin, tanks, chips/circuit boards, even salt.  And transport....some trucking companies are so short-staffed it's a miracle things are getting out.  My wife's 2020 Aviator was rear-ended in late August last year.  Minimal actual damage to the car, but he went UNDER the reat bumper, resulting in a twisted exhaust system, which leaked exhaust fumes into the cabin.  It sat at a local body shop until late DECEMBER, waiting on a new exhaust system from Lincoln. 

Add to that that many places are "making do" with temp workers while folks are out sick or working remotely.....it's a complete and total mess.  The wife's Aviator has been back for repairs so many times that as I write this, she's put less than 8,000 miles on the car in the 18 months we've owned it - and that includes a 1,000 mile trip right after we got it.  In normal times, I'd be all up in someone's face - but these times aren't normal....and based on my 40+ years with FOMOCO products, in normal times the situations would have been sorted out long ago, IMO.  I'm trusting enough in the product that we have a 2022 Aviator BL on order.....first year models - yeah, I knew better...lol

Can't even get them to give me my rewards points.  😂

On 9/23/2021 at 10:20 AM, TexasRedneck said:

With all due respect, COVID is playing absolute havoc with supply chains all over.  I own a residential water treatment company, and we've been hit with supply issues from every direction - resin, tanks, chips/circuit boards, even salt.  And transport....some trucking companies are so short-staffed it's a miracle things are getting out.  My wife's 2020 Aviator was rear-ended in late August last year.  Minimal actual damage to the car, but he went UNDER the reat bumper, resulting in a twisted exhaust system, which leaked exhaust fumes into the cabin.  It sat at a local body shop until late DECEMBER, waiting on a new exhaust system from Lincoln. 

Add to that that many places are "making do" with temp workers while folks are out sick or working remotely.....it's a complete and total mess.  The wife's Aviator has been back for repairs so many times that as I write this, she's put less than 8,000 miles on the car in the 18 months we've owned it - and that includes a 1,000 mile trip right after we got it.  In normal times, I'd be all up in someone's face - but these times aren't normal....and based on my 40+ years with FOMOCO products, in normal times the situations would have been sorted out long ago, IMO.  I'm trusting enough in the product that we have a 2022 Aviator BL on order.....first year models - yeah, I knew better...lol

Personally, I can understand the parts shortage.  Supply chains around the world have been disrupted.  Again, I understand.

However, what I do not understand is why someone at Ford has not taken the time to explain what is going on.  That shouldn't happen.  Why is the dealership pointing fingers at Ford, and vice versa.  That shouldn't happen.  Why can't the Rewards Points be correctly loaded?  That shouldn't.

Parts shortages can't be helped.  Customer service can be helped.

1 hour ago, AtleeH said:

Personally, I can understand the parts shortage.  Supply chains around the world have been disrupted.  Again, I understand.

However, what I do not understand is why someone at Ford has not taken the time to explain what is going on.  That shouldn't happen.  Why is the dealership pointing fingers at Ford, and vice versa.  That shouldn't happen.  Why can't the Rewards Points be correctly loaded?  That shouldn't.

Parts shortages can't be helped.  Customer service can be helped.

Part of that can be answered by observing the quality of the work force, and realizing that the good employees that ARE available are doing a yeoman's job of try to minimize the bleed.  Add to that the tendency of most folks to deflect any sort of "blame", and....yeah.  I'm semi-retired, having spent a lifetime (since 3rd grade) in service/sales of one sort or another - from a family-owned hardware store where you learned to do math in your head, to years of helping customers find resolution to water issues - including NASA.  I learned long ago - own what you do (right OR wrong) - but most importantly, FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.  Most customers don't care what/how something happened - they just want it corrected and a reasonable expectation that it won't happen again.    Unfortunately, many companies (and their employees) don't subscribe to that - so the excuses and BS flows...  I don't have the inclination to get worked up about that...lol

45 days post-delivery and nothing has changed.  Zero, zilch....just more circle'jerk BS between the dealer and Ford.  

I had an issue back a number of years ago with no windsheild wipers in the winter. After several attempts to get the car in for repairs under warrantee, I parked it in front of the service entrance door and left a note under the wiper that I almost had an accident last night and if the car was not repaired today,  I would seek legal advice as it was not safe to drive.

I received a call from the dealer asking me to come unlock my car and bring it into the garage. They came to my worksite picked me up an repaired my car all before noon that day.. Also threatened to file suit if I did it again. I also received a very nice reponse from Ford (full of BS) appologizing and explaining how sometimes communications get mixed up between Dealerships and customers. I also received a strongly worded letter from the Dealers legal for my printed letter letter to the Editer of our local newspaper, which also hit the newspaper.  I have never purchased another vehicle from that dealership nor darkened their door for service. The only further correspondence has been an invition to come in and view the new model vehicles 3 years later.

59 days post-delivery and nothing......supposedly the parts have been expedited, but that was a week or so ago.  One more day until I play with the BBB autoline.