My New 2022 F250 is Missing in Action

sarge144

Wonder if anyone has experienced this - ordered my new F250 in April, received several e-mails from Ford, the last one indicating it was built and shipped.  I tracked it through Ford website link which indicates the dealer received it 10/04/21.  Dealer said yes, it's here and I set things up tomorrow (Oct. 8th) to finally bring it home.  This afternoon I received a call from the dealer saying they don't have the truck and can't even find it.  Now, I can't even track it through Ford's website using the VIN.  It's still on my Ford Pass app so I hope that's a good thing.  Hoping someone with more Ford knowledge than I have could offer some insight.  Thanks!

there are 3 possibilities here

1. the truck was legitimately stolen from the dealer... i find this extremely unlikely

2. the dealer damaged the truck somehow and for whatever reason doesnt want to tell you and is just trying to stall you.

3. the dealer sold the truck out from under you...did you have a deposit on it?

3 hours ago, mattdm said:

there are 3 possibilities here

1. the truck was legitimately stolen from the dealer... i find this extremely unlikely

2. the dealer damaged the truck somehow and for whatever reason doesnt want to tell you and is just trying to stall you.

3. the dealer sold the truck out from under you...did you have a deposit on it?

I'm betting on #3. Sadly, it happens a lot before covid, so it's probably more common now. 

If the vehicle was actually delivered to the dealership, the Vehicle Visibility report would confirm the delivery. In addition, the dealership would have the Bill of Lading from the car carrier firm which would also show the delivery date and time, as well as whether it was delivered "STI" (Subject to Inspection) or was inspected and signed for by the dealership's representative. If it was damaged when received by the dealership, the damage codes would be noted on the Bill of Lading and the carrier driver would have shot and sent photos to the carrier's office at the ramp. 

If the vehicle was received and then sold to another customer, that information will be available in Ford's records including the Smart Vincent application at the FMCDealer.com portal which would show the customer name, address and date of that the vehicle was delivered to. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 3

Well the latest in the saga is that it appears it never actually arrived.  The Ford web link tracking status says it was delivered, but that does not appear to be the case.  It was scheduled to be here this week anyway - thanks for the suggestions, keep you posted on if it actually arrives!  The general manage at the dealer is a personal friend and he is back tomorrow, hopefully he can shed some light on it.

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2021 at 8:06 PM, sarge144 said:

Well the latest in the saga is that it appears it never actually arrived.  The Ford web link tracking status says it was delivered, but that does not appear to be the case.  It was scheduled to be here this week anyway - thanks for the suggestions, keep you posted on if it actually arrives!  The general manage at the dealer is a personal friend and he is back tomorrow, hopefully he can shed some light on it.

Was the truck ever found?