Jump to content

The Ford Order Tracking System Is No Longer Available.  THANKS Cyberdman For Making Available All Of These Past Years.  More Here.

Ryanc3055

Super Duty Back Orders

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know how many Superduty's are on hold or back order I'm sure it changes from day to day but maybe an average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw someone claiming to work at the plant say 251,000 in the order bank. Currently producing about 8500 per week. 

 

I have no idea how valid this information is. As already mentioned ford doesnt release this information publicly.

Edited by mattdm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ryanc3055 said:

Does anyone know how many Superduty's are on hold or back order I'm sure it changes from day to day but maybe an average.

Back order? What’s that. My dealer says Ford has everything fixed. Your truck should be here by November at the latest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

Back order? What’s that. My dealer says Ford has everything fixed. Your truck should be here by November at the latest. 

November 2022? 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mattdm said:

I saw someone claiming to work at the plant say 251,000 in the order bank. Currently producing about 8500 per week. 

 

I have no idea how valid this information is. As already mentioned ford doesnt release this information publicly.

Only 29 weeks to go with no new orders. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mattdm said:

I saw someone claiming to work at the plant say 251,000 in the order bank. Currently producing about 8500 per week. 

 

I have no idea how valid this information is. As already mentioned ford doesnt release this information publicly.

This is what we are seeing at the plant.  We will be down for 3 weeks at Christmas.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, waloud said:

This is what we are seeing at the plant.

Are you referring to just the 3-week downtime, or the 251k order queue too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something to keep in mind is that COVP orders take precedence over dealer stock and fleet orders. Would be interesting to know how many of the 250k are COVP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes we are building about 8,000-8,500 a week.  Our order bank for the Super Duty is around 252,000 units.  We will be shutting down at least 3 weeks for Christmas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, waloud said:

Yes we are building about 8,000-8,500 a week.  Our order bank for the Super Duty is around 252,000 units.  We will be shutting down at least 3 weeks for Christmas.

 

3 week holiday shutdown? No wonder unions get a bad rap for not getting work done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

 

3 week holiday shutdown? No wonder unions get a bad rap for not getting work done. 

 

How do you surmise that the union is "at fault" for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

 

3 week holiday shutdown? No wonder unions get a bad rap for not getting work done. 

This is not normal for a 3 week shutdown.   We are usually down from the 24th to the 1st.  This way our main. crew and outside maint. crew get time to do repairs and machine replacements.  This year we are down for 3 weeks so they can start getting ready for the 2023 model.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, waloud said:

This is not normal for a 3 week shutdown.   We are usually down from the 24th to the 1st.  This way our main. crew and outside maint. crew get time to do repairs and machine replacements.  This year we are down for 3 weeks so they can start getting ready for the 2023 model.  

 

Thanks for the confirmation. As I stated originally, the additional 2 weeks of the plant down time were for reasons other than additional vacation time. Unfortunately, others started speculating that the UAW was involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, akirby said:

Posts deleted - we are not turning this into a UAW discussion.

Thank you, I was a little disappointed of the actions of some and the direction of the discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea when Ford Tracking information will be back up and running?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eds said:

Any idea when Ford Tracking information will be back up and running?


The ford.com tracking is working as well as its normal flakey self. The third party sites like the mache tracker and the FTE spreadsheet may never work again. apparently ford did some modifications on the back end and the API that fed the data to those sites no longer works. Its suspected the change was intentional and isn't just a bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2021 at 6:01 AM, waloud said:

building about 8,000-8,500 a week...order bank for the Super Duty is around 252,000 units

 

That is a lot of trucks and not much time to build them before the next MY comes out.
So at approximately 7.5mos worth of builds (w/o delays) in queue, I wonder what the cut-off will be and when they tell folks to re-order '23s?

I would think Ford see's that they have enough orders to extend to August 2023.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mattdm said:


The ford.com tracking is working as well as its normal flakey self. The third party sites like the mache tracker and the FTE spreadsheet may never work again. apparently ford did some modifications on the back end and the API that fed the data to those sites no longer works. Its suspected the change was intentional and isn't just a bug.

Maybe FORD did not like people being able to track how trucks where being built (newer older VS older ones)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, NoPistons said:

 

That is a lot of trucks and not much time to build them before the next MY comes out.
So at approximately 7.5mos worth of builds (w/o delays) in queue, I wonder what the cut-off will be and when they tell folks to re-order '23s?

I would think Ford see's that they have enough orders to extend to August 2023.


Again the question is how many of those ~250,000 units are dealer stock, and how many are customer orders?  
 

Here and elsewhere I have seen that there are still orders from late spring that haven’t been scheduled, so I shouldn’t be discouraged that mine from mid-October is still in limbo. I suppose I have done everything I can do by removing the “nice-to-have” problematic options in order to help increase my odds for getting picked in the scheduling lottery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what's the max amount of super duty's that KTP could build in a week, Pre-COVID? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We produce around 7600 Super Dutys a week.

Edited by waloud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, waloud said:

We produce around 7600 Super Dutys a week.


Do you know how many of the 250k+ orders are retail orders?   I imagine every dealer has a bunch of stock orders in the order bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, manko said:


Do you know how many of the 250k+ orders are retail orders?   I imagine every dealer has a bunch of stock orders in the order bank.


Im guessing it’s no more than 10k-15k or so.  That’s 3-5 per dealer on average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×