CBears

Bad News From My Dealer

My dealer rep did mention that the tonneau covers were causing delays too and recommended those to be dropped.

On 12/23/2021 at 1:22 PM, Lord of Lights said:

New to the Forum, Love the information given by all. Ordered an F350 Lariat August 31st. Still no word from Ford as to a build date. Somehow, either by Ford, or my Dealer, the spray-on bedliner and the tonneau cover from my order, were dropped. Still have the fifth wheel package on it. Seems to be a whole bunch of people waiting. 

Mine did the same thing with the bed liner. I hope it helps speed up the process. I have gooseneck prep as well. 

I feel bad for those needing options that are causing extra delays.  I am thankful for this forum for posting what options to stay away from if at all possible when I ordered my truck this week.  I still expect long delays, but hope y’all that have been waiting get good news soon!

After getting status back from cyberdman today (Thank You!!!), decided to call and ask them to contact Ford and remove bed liner and hard cover. I’ll just have to hit up Linex when it comes in I guess. At least I’ll have it hopefully. 

30 minutes ago, CBears said:

After getting status back from cyberdman today (Thank You!!!), decided to call and ask them to contact Ford and remove bed liner and hard cover. I’ll just have to hit up Linex when it comes in I guess. At least I’ll have it hopefully. 

I think that was a good decision.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, CBears said:

100% the right decision given all of the info on constrains that are still there in 2022 and causing delays. Good luck!

I ordered on 9/3, F250 Platinum 6.7, dropped the spray in bedliner mid November but kept the rolling cover, no other commodity issues that I'm aware of, got scheduled yesterday for week of 2/14. It's a crap shoot as to scheduling but certainly seems that those with less or no commodity restraints are getting scheduled much quicker.

18 minutes ago, ChuckDiesel said:

I ordered on 9/3, F250 Platinum 6.7, dropped the spray in bedliner mid November but kept the rolling cover, no other commodity issues that I'm aware of, got scheduled yesterday for week of 2/14. It's a crap shoot as to scheduling but certainly seems that those with less or no commodity restraints are getting scheduled much quicker.

Yeah, see a lot of orders places after mine getting scheduled. I was aug 10. Happy for you but wonder???  Hopefully now will get on the happy list. 

I did notice that, after the order got changed, the pricing code changed. An extra $1300 was added to the base msrp.  I called them back. They are checking on it. 

23 minutes ago, CBears said:

Yeah, see a lot of orders places after mine getting scheduled. I was aug 10. Happy for you but wonder???  Hopefully now will get on the happy list. 

I'm sure there is a number of factors, including luck, as to why this happens. I've seen folks on here ordering late October getting delivered early December, and others who ordered in March still waiting to get scheduled. At least part of it has to do with dealer priority and how many other similar orders your dealer has in the pool. I never asked my dealer how many other orders they had waiting but I was an 02 priority so I know I was at or near the top of the list, though they could have had a lot of other 02s as well.

I saw in another topic on here where this could be fixed by the dealer working with Ford. It happens when an order that was submitted prior to the price increases is subsequently changed after the price increases have gone into effect. They should be able to get this taken care of for you and your order should be honored under the pricing arrangement in place when it was originally submitted.

38 minutes ago, CBears said:

I did notice that, after the order got changed, the pricing code changed. An extra $1300 was added to the base msrp.  I called them back. They are checking on it. 

Retail orders are automatically price protected to the prices in effect on the original order date. However, the Window Sticker will be generated using the prices in effect at the time the vehicle is produced. Your Dealer should already know this as retail order price protection has existed for decades. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

36 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Retail orders are automatically price protected to the prices in effect on the original order date. However, the Window Sticker will be generated using the prices in effect at the time the vehicle is produced. Your Dealer should already know this as retail order price protection has existed for decades. 

I actually saw where you said this in another post after I put it here. Thank you!  Funny that my dealership guy did t know that. I’m very thankful for this forum.