Line-X Color Match Bedliner

Toe Truck

23 minutes ago, d232799 said:

XYLA;  I have the star white, love it..  After having two Kings with color matched beds  (one brown, one reddish brown) over the last 10 years I was perplexed on doing a color or Fords Black.  I did the Black and love the contrast.

I guess black will never be a wrong choice! Thanks.

Line X here offers these options at obviously increasing cost.

Standard Black, over time gets a dull finish

Premium Black, stays shiny longer

What they call Color match top coat

Spray black first then Top Coat using OEM paint code..Get a scratch or tear and black shows through. 

Lastly Premium Color Match, this one they tint the base coat as close as they can to the factory color,, then they spray the top coat to OEM paint code. Get a scratch or tear and it isn't as noticeable,  similar color throughout. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob R said:

Some colors look really good with a matching Line-X bed, usually anything but white. I am getting a Star White truck and the Ford spray in black. Enough people cancelled their spray in liner i was able to get it so it seems. :)

bob

I agree that white could look a bit off.  I am keeping my spray in option for now but if I drop it I'm going to consider color match options.

This was asked about on the Ranger forum but I thought I would ask here too.  Hope it isn't a repeat.  When you get the factory liner there is a raised Ford oval behind the cab covered by the liner. Is it possible to buy that from the parts department or aftermarket somewhere?  I'm not even sure what to call it to get an accurate search.

DEB52B10-9846-4397-A886-EF3BB8484A04.thumb.jpeg.beb43f8c96223935c9ab896a9c9ab7d5.jpeg

On 1/23/2022 at 12:24 PM, wrench69 said:

I just got the color match Line X on my Atlas Blue F-250.  I love how it turned out.  It added $300 to the cost, but when we've already dropped $75k on the truck...

IMG_8333.jpg

IMG_8334.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I also ordered an Atlas Blue and wondered what the spray in would look like color matched. Likely will go this route now.

On 2/22/2022 at 7:57 PM, xyla said:

I'm picking up my Star White F350 next week and opted out of the factory bedliner to avoid any potential holdup. Linex seems the way to go, but what color would you guys suggest?

Most guys would say black, and that does give a nice contrast.  I personally think a different color would look great with white- maybe a blue or red tone, even a forest green- whatever color you happen to like.  It would definitely be different. 

Keep in mind that they can match just about any paint color code you give them.  It doesn't have to be a current Super Duty color.  It doesn't even need to be a current Ford color, for that matter.  If they can get the paint with the code you supply, they can spray that color.

Edited by wrench69
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 1:47 PM, ScottK1 said:

that looks awesome - never heard of color match before

I used it for years but used SpeedLiner much less sliding around and imho better product.

Autorama2007042.jpg

Edited by Cglenn

On 1/18/2022 at 10:43 AM, Toe Truck said:

Recently deleted the Ford spray-in bedliner in hopes it will help my truck get scheduled (still holding out for the 5th wheel prep package).  In checking out the price on the Line-X products with a local dealer, they now offer a color-match bedliner product based on the truck's paint codes.  For an F350 CCSB, Line-X regular with lifetime runs $550.00, Line-X + with top coat runs $650.00, and the paint code product runs a little over $1k.  Anyone out there have any experience with the color-match bedliner (or the top-coat product) that could help with my decision?  Leaning toward the top-coat version at present, but it looks like I have time to make a decision.

Thanks in advance - Toe Truck

I personally prefer the SpeedLiner product and IMHO feel it is superior as it inhibits sliding much better. Here is a pic of my bed liner from my show truck with custom color match and graphic. 

Autorama2007042.jpg

Edited by Cglenn

On 2/23/2022 at 10:57 AM, xyla said:

I'm picking up my Star White F350 next week and opted out of the factory bedliner to avoid any potential holdup. Linex seems the way to go, but what color would you guys suggest?

Tan or beige might be nice. Particularly if you have the Baja or KR seats. 

On 1/21/2022 at 8:54 AM, mww982 said:

That's sharp looking, didn't know they color matched.  May have to look into that when mine comes in.  

You may be changing my mind. I am getting a Rapid Red F450. I had figured I would just do black Linex, but your truck does look really nice.

Just called Line X of Palm beach for 6.75’ 250. $700 standard, $800 premium.

Called Line X of Fort Lauderdale next, $600 for standard and $700 for premium. I’ll make a 40 mile drive to save $100. Try to schedule the ARE bedcover install the same day as they are down the street from each other. 

• Like 1

Wow…that color matched liner looks amazing!  I dropped the factory spray in liner from my order to move things along and the dealership is an authorized Rhino dealer.  Maybe I’ll rethink that color match, although antimatter blue may not be noticeable!

On 3/7/2022 at 9:45 AM, Neil99 said:

You may be changing my mind. I am getting a Rapid Red F450. I had figured I would just do black Linex, but your truck does look really nice.

I would love to see pics of Rapid Red LineX. I thought about it, but couldn't find any pictures so I went with black on my '22 Rapid Red F250.

LineX_1.jpg

LineX_2.jpg

Edited by CastIronMan1956
  • Like 2