2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

13 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

It shows pricing at the time it's viewed.  This has been explained previously in the thread.

Must have missed that in the 227 pages of this thread, I tried searching for price protection but didn't see anything specific to this situation.

1 hour ago, Blown32 said:

I put 2k down and the at time of order DORA shows the x plan price, but the new DORA shows a higher base price (before options).  When I asked for one showing the x plan price, that's when he sent me the "Keep in mind pricing is subjected to change based on cost of parts. Will have a definite price once the truck gets in."  statement.

Yeah, you have price protection. You will also know the MSRP once your window sticker gets printed. Take a screenshot of that for your record and a copy of the letter on this thread guaranteeing price increases don't effect old orders. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fordnovice88 said:

Yeah, you have price protection. You will also know the MSRP once your window sticker gets printed. Take a screenshot of that for your record and a copy of the letter on this thread guaranteeing price increases don't effect old orders. 

Thank you, I printed copies of the letter so I have it handy when the truck gets built and delivered.  This waiting thing is hard, I know many have waited much longer and I hope they get scheduled soon!

3 hours ago, Rcpd34 said:

Funny thing is, I never did get an email from Ford. I just kept checking the tracking site and it finally changed today.

How are you able to check the tracker?  I got one email saying that my order was received but nothing else.  The tracker is asking for a order number.  There was not one in the email.  

1 hour ago, muggerzh said:

Does Ford update incentives every month?  Any changes on that front in February?  I think January had zero interest for 150s but nothing for 250s.

with all the shortages and production issues i wouldnt expect any sort of incentives

3 hours ago, Blown32 said:

I put 2k down and the at time of order DORA shows the x plan price, but the new DORA shows a higher base price (before options).  When I asked for one showing the x plan price, that's when he sent me the "Keep in mind pricing is subjected to change based on cost of parts. Will have a definite price once the truck gets in."  statement.

That’s what they told me too after initial change. Saved all texts about it too just in case

5 hours ago, Blown32 said:

Just got this from my salesman:

"Keep in mind pricing is subjected to change based on cost of parts. Will have a definite price once the truck gets in."  

Doesn't appear to jive with any sort of price protection....

Seems there are way too many dealers out there that are pleading ignorance when it comes to the price protection. It's going to be interesting to see what my dealer does when it comes time to do the paperwork. So far they have been pretty straight up with me and haven't mentioned any MSRP price increase from back in December, so I'm hoping for the best.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

Does anyone know how long from the time I receive the confirmation email from Ford before I can request a status update from cyberdman? Thanks to my previous “order” (not confident it was ever actually properly ordered) being effed up, I may have pissed him off after he spent too much time trying to locate an order that didn’t exist. So after two months I decided to take my business elsewhere and place a new order. I just want to make sure it’s properly ordered as unscheduled- clean. 

As long as you are getting updates from Ford, I wouldn't bother cyberdman until at least the time your truck is scheduled for production and you have received your VIN. After that, then you know things are getting serious. But perhaps he may forgive you and let you bug him again if you send him a box of cookies :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

As long as you are getting updates from Ford, I wouldn't bother cyberdman until at least the time your truck is scheduled for production and you have received your VIN. After that, then you know things are getting serious. But perhaps he may forgive you and let you bug him again if you send him a box of cookies :)

After what I just went through with the previous dealership, I just want to make sure everything is track. I wasted two months with them. I’ll send him two boxes ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blown32 said:

"Keep in mind pricing is subjected to change based on cost of parts. Will have a definite price once the truck gets in."  

Nonsense. Retail factory orders are price protected as of the original order date. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fordnovice88 said:

Window Stickers and Dealer Invoices are created with the prices in effect at the time the vehicle is produced. Retail order price protection is an internal process between the Dealer and Ford. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, muggerzh said:

Does Ford update incentives every month?  Any changes on that front in February?  I think January had zero interest for 150s but nothing for 250s.

Ford incentives are done on a quarterly basis and revised or updated monthly. Ford incentives also vary from region to region. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OldManJax said:

How are you able to check the tracker?  I got one email saying that my order was received but nothing else.  The tracker is asking for a order number.  There was not one in the email.  

The order number, as well as the Dealer Code, would be on the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) Preview display, if you have a copy. Otherwise, your Dealer can provide you with that information.  

On 1/15/2022 at 6:19 AM, ice-capades said:

Words cannot describe how I feel about Dealers like this! 

Here are the notices that were available to all Dealers via the FMCDealer.com portal. Ford's retail order price protection has existed for decades.

Ford_EFC09341_Mid-Year Pricing Effective 2021-08-23.pdf

Ford_EFC09620 Ford Mid-Year Pricing Effective 2021-12-08.pdf

12 hours ago, Blown32 said:

Hopefully this helps.  ?

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Nonsense. Retail factory orders are price protected as of the original order date. 

Window Stickers and Dealer Invoices are created with the prices in effect at the time the vehicle is produced. Retail order price protection is an internal process between the Dealer and Ford. 

1 hour ago, danielj said:

Hopefully this helps.  ?

Thanks everyone, puts my mind at ease a bit.  Given the communications I've had with the dealer I'm guessing it will be an issue when the time comes but thanks to all you guys, others who have posted helpful info/advice, and this great forum I should be able to put up a good defense. 

Thanks again

Allen

22 hours ago, Rcpd34 said:

If I were you, I'd not cancel.  Drive your Chevy until it comes in.  Don't think for a minute that your dealer cancelled the order; they will still take delivery and sell it on the lot for well over MSRP.  

At this point it's the principle of it. My order is bumped by orders placed months after it was placed. I know it's a business decision but so is me not buying a Ford. And to be honest, I was nervous buying a truck I could not test drive. So, I'm going to predict in two years the truck market will be near where it was in 2018-19 and that dealer lots will be full, and prices low compared to today. I will add a flatbed to whatever I buy, so I'm kicking around the idea of finding a buildable wreck with rear end/bed damage at a discount. 

From our dealer on notification that our truck was built and waiting for shipment info:

"I’ll provide an updated quote once I get that information."

I hope he doesn't think he's changing the price.  We ordered late September and haven't changed anything (which wouldn't matter anyway from what I understand.)  I have the order build sheet with the Xplan price, so I'm holding them to that.

21 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

It's unfortunate your truck didn't get scheduled. Not sure about 1/2, as I got exactly what I paid for a 2016 from 6 yrs ago. Dealer also has a used 2020 F-450 on the lot for more than it cost new.

The prices you mention are why I was ordering new and selling my 2001 Chevy for more than I paid for it.  With the fleet discount I would save a lot. But the longer it takes and the more I read on this group I'm betting my truck will never be built because it is a cheap fleet order. So, 1/2 price is a little low, but I do think the truck market will return to pre-covid conditions in two years or so. With new brakes and some steering components my old Chevy will last till then.

• Like 1

The order number, as well as the Dealer Code, would be on the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) Preview display, if you have a copy. Otherwise, your Dealer can provide you with that information.  

Ok I've got those.  My apologies if this has been asked. What if the site that I use to look it up?  I found one but it's asking for order number and Vin. 

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

How do I know what the MSRP was when I ordered vs. upon delivery? I also upgraded from Lariat to King Ranch in December so I think there have been several increases.

14 minutes ago, Denao_53 said:

How do I know what the MSRP was when I ordered vs. upon delivery? I also upgraded from Lariat to King Ranch in December so I think there have been several increases.

You should have gotten a copy of the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) Order Preview showing the order specifications and pricing. 

WBDO_Order Preview.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OldManJax said:

Gotcha, so I need to wait till a VIN is generated to check for any updates.   Thank you, I figured that just wanted to make sure.

After you've made 15 posts to the BOF site, you can request tracking at the Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees forum by providing your Order Number and Dealer Code. Read the rules prior to posting your request as the rules are strictly enforced. 

• Like 4