2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Well thanks to all on here and FTE,  F250 cc SB, XLT BAP, 7.3 W/4.3 and a few little options but none of the hold up items. Ordered 1/26/22  confirmation email on 1/27/22 and just got my scheduled date of 3/28/22 today which is 2/10/22.

Again thanks to all on here for the information. 

Edited by NM04Ford
Post shows hidden?

13 minutes ago, mortadella said:

2/1/2022. I did a ton of research on this forum and ford-trucks and skipped the bedliner, 5th wheel prep, and adaptive steering (still have adaptive cruise control). 

You ordered 2/1, got scheduled 2/10 for 3/28?!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Good for you though ?

20 minutes ago, mortadella said:

2/1/2022. I did a ton of research on this forum and ford-trucks and skipped the bedliner, 5th wheel prep, and adaptive steering (still have adaptive cruise control). 

That's great! I ordered mine on 1/29. Diesel? 

Edited by AirbusPilot

23 minutes ago, AirbusPilot said:

That's great! I ordered mine on 1/29. Diesel? 

I'm going to catch hell for this on this forum but I ended up getting the 7.3L Godzilla. I ordered a F350 SRW CCLB 7.3L 4.30. I originally was going to get a DRW with the 6.7L but my wife said she had to drive the thing around time when I'm not around so going to SRW it didn't make sense to keep the DRW -  and with the towing capacity between the 6.7L and the 7.3L with a SRW being so close (I think it's like 5,000lbs more on the bumper tow for the diesel but only 1,000Lbs on the 5th wheel/gooseneck) I bite the bullet and did the Godzilla engine. For our purposes too, we're mostly going to be bumper pulling toys <15,000lbs and if we did get a 5th wheel, most of the ones we look at are <20,000lbs. Thanks to ice-capades uploading the order guides I managed to figure out how to spec the truck to get the maximum GVWR of 11,900 (anything higher you have to get the 6.7L engine). Fingers crossed I should get close to 4,000lbs of payload with the trim level I've picked which is really what I was after. The tongue weight of the trailer + wife's motorcycle was going to be hefty.

The other thing that tipped it to the 7.3L was a gas motorhome we had. We had a Class A with the new F-53 chassis and the Godzilla engine and the thing was a best in the hills/mountains.

Edited by mortadella
  • Like 1

Man I gotta great huge surprise today. I ordered my F 350 6.7 Tremor Ultimate Lariat pkg, on Jan 10 and today exactly one month later received a production date of March 28th and my VIN. The Ford online tracker is pretty cool. It’s been a really great day. I have to say so far my dealership has taken excellent care of me. ????

A67FA6FC-3D76-4175-A444-A3BD9733220D.thumb.png.b17ba4a4d19c99b47dc415055424d5ee.png

Edited by Patriot1
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, manko said:

@ice-capades Any chance you can post the PDF the dealers got with the latest price increase information?  There’s been two price increases since I ordered my truck and I have a feeling the dealer will try to hit me for both of those, so I’d like to go in prepared with documentation.  Thank you sir.

The doc you need is the retail price protection doc which has been posted numerous times.

Happy for y’all, I ordered 1-8-22 F350 King Ranch 6.7 L/B , Dropped bedliner , 5th wheel prep, adaptive steering a week ago so maybe the wait won’t be as long as some have experienced. When I ordered my 2017 6.7 KR it took 4 1/2 months before delivery.

Completely taken by surprise! It was 70 degrees, and I was on the 13th hole when I decided to check my email. I was having a decent round, but after I read the email, I didn’t care his the last 5 went (well maybe I did. There were bragging rights on the line). From Ford, my truck is scheduled for production the week of March 28th. Holy s***, I just ordered it 9 days ago!

Now I’m confident there will be delays, but I wasn’t expecting it until sometime mid-summer, so I’m certainly not going to complain!

After the BS I went through with the first dealership, I’m glad I made the decision to go elsewhere and place another order. 

Beers on me

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Ford Mid-Year Pricing Effective February 15, 2022

Ford_EFC09823 Mid-Year Pricing Effective 2022-02-15_2022-02-10.pdf

Wow, the MSRP of my truck has gone up $2,295 over it's original since I ordered it, and for some people caught in the August price increase, it's even worse. I sure hope my dealer honors the Price Protection without any hassle.

58 minutes ago, Denao_53 said:

Confirmation yes. No Vin. Today is 6 months. Define high volume dealers.

I mean does the dealership have 200 trucks on the lot at all times pre Covid? I am in Texas and we have a ton of Ford dealerships that move weight. My thinking is the larger dealerships have more allocation 

Am I the only one who thinks it's rather odd that most people still checking this thread have been waiting months yet today on this forum and another there have been quite a few that have placed orders in the last 5 days and alright got a build date. I've not been waiting as long as most, order placed 12/6 and confirmed same day, but it's just an XL CCSB 4x4 7.3 and 4.3 gearing zero commodities that are causing the hold up on mine that I'm aware of either. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Fordnovice88 said:

I mean does the dealership have 200 trucks on the lot at all times pre Covid? I am in Texas and we have a ton of Ford dealerships that move weight. My thinking is the larger dealerships have more allocation 

Not a large dealer by any means.  Maybe 30 150’s and 10 250’s in the old days?