2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Update:  Gremlins in the tracker?  This morning it showed an "in production" date and now it is blank again.

F350, Lariat, DRW, SCLB, 6.7, 5th wheel, spray-in, winch, extended running boards, vehicle safe, skid plates, snowplow/camper, UTT, wheel liner, splash guard, upfitter, door opener, tailgate step, bed step, hood deflector, lariat value pkg, gooseneck ball, engine block heater,++(no AS).

Timeline:

9/24 - Ordered

10/7 - Order Confirmed email

2/1- Scheduled for production email for week of 3/7

2/4 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/14

2/7 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/7

2/25 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/14

3/6 - Tracker shows "In production" - no email or "In production" date

3/7 - Window Sticker available with date of 3/7

3/10 - Window Sticker with date of 3/10

3/16 - Tracker still shows "In production" but with no production date

3/16 - Dealer informed me that it has been sent to the plant, and I have a build date of 3/20

3/18 - window sticker with date of 3/18

3/22 - Noticed that the Module Build Data shows many modules - good indication my truck is in the build process

3/22 - Tracker still shows no date for "in production" or "built"

3/23 - Tracker showed a 3/22 "in production" date in am...now shows blank again

3/23 - Dealer informed me that he sees a delivery date of April 23-29 ?

50 minutes ago, marinerjoe said:

A quick question on the production process.  I have a date (21 March) under In Production on the tracker. I know it needs to go across the street for mud flaps, wheel well liners, and the bed step.  Does that happen before or after I see a date under Built on my tracker? 
Thanks,

Joe 

From what I've heard and understand it shows "built" when ford is done with their part.  Mine showed built while it was waiting to have the fifth wheel prep installed(approx. 1 week).  It makes no since to me why they would call it built when it's not finished.   I could be wrong I'm learning as I go with this whole ordering, building and shipping process.   

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cboy said:

Update:  Gremlins in the tracker?  This morning it showed an "in production" date and now it is blank again.

F350, Lariat, DRW, SCLB, 6.7, 5th wheel, spray-in, winch, extended running boards, vehicle safe, skid plates, snowplow/camper, UTT, wheel liner, splash guard, upfitter, door opener, tailgate step, bed step, hood deflector, lariat value pkg, gooseneck ball, engine block heater,++(no AS).

Timeline:

9/24 - Ordered

10/7 - Order Confirmed email

2/1- Scheduled for production email for week of 3/7

2/4 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/14

2/7 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/7

2/25 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/14

3/6 - Tracker shows "In production" - no email or "In production" date

3/7 - Window Sticker available with date of 3/7

3/10 - Window Sticker with date of 3/10

3/16 - Tracker still shows "In production" but with no production date

3/16 - Dealer informed me that it has been sent to the plant, and I have a build date of 3/20

3/18 - window sticker with date of 3/18

3/22 - Noticed that the Module Build Data shows many modules - good indication my truck is in the build process

3/22 - Tracker still shows no date for "in production" or "built"

3/23 - Tracker showed a 3/22 "in production" date in am...now shows blank again

3/23 - Dealer informed me that he sees a delivery date of April 23-29 ?

My tracker did the same thing 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 6:18 PM, FordTruckFan said:

The wait is finally over.  I will be picking up my F350 7.3L SRW Lariat tomorrow. The only commodity restriction I ordered is the 5th wheel prep.  Here is the timeline.

ordered 11/12/21 received confirmation email the same day.  
Received production schedule email on 1/13/22, scheduled for week of 2/28/22.

no pushbacks.

Built on 3/4/22

Shipped on  3/11/22 (via truck)

Delivered to dealer 3/14/22

UPDATE: I picked up my truck last week.  With all the talk about the bad dealers not honoring the price protection I was a little worried.  I have to say my dealer was great!  He told me about the price protection (two increases since I ordered) and gave me the price at time of order.  He honored my X-Plan price.  He gave me my PCO that expired Jan 1.  They also filled it up with gas.  Thats a big one right now!  LOL  There are still honest and good dealerships out there.  Thanks to Dorrance Ford in Galesburg MI!  GREAT JOB!

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, FordTruckFan said:

UPDATE: I picked up my truck last week.  With all the talk about the bad dealers not honoring the price protection I was a little worried.  I have to say my dealer was great!  He told me about the price protection (two increases since I ordered) and gave me the price at time of order.  He honored my X-Plan price.  He gave me my PCO that expired Jan 1.  They also filled it up with gas.  Thats a big one right now!  LOL  There are still honest and good dealerships out there.  Thanks to Dorrance Ford in Galesburg MI!  GREAT JOB!

That's great to hear! I had the same experience with my dealer. No issues with price protection, honored our agreed upon price when I ordered, and also honored my PCO that I had when I ordered. Great experience all the way around and glad you had the same!

3 hours ago, Forddaddy said:

Has anyone else been told by their dealer they are unable to bump priority from anything less than 19? My dealer told me this morning that it’s out of their hands and it’s completely up to Ford corporate. I mentioned they should have the ability to bump it to a 10, but he circled back to the same talking points. I couldn’t get any details on how many SD orders they have either as this wasn’t easily accessible.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I’m about 4.5 months in, so jumping to another dealership isn’t ideal. 

Unfortunately, you're doing business with a dealership that doesn't care, can't be bothered to do their job, etc. They most certainly can at least contact their Ford Zone Manager and request that your priority code be changed. Yes, there are time that Ford will reassign priority codes without a Dealer's request, but it's your Dealer's job to monitor and manage their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) and act as an advocate for their customers!

59 minutes ago, FordTruckFan said:

FYI... Ford's had a "Full Tank of Fuel" program for new vehicles for many years and reimburses the dealership based on the fuel capacity less the plant fill. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, teecamp said:

Man, I wish I had your kind of scheduling.  I ordered 8 days before you and havent heard a peep other than the "update about delays" email that I got last Thursday.  

Seems like those with the 7.3 Lariat Ultimates are getting through a lot quicker than Platinums and the 6.7.  Maybe I am wrong.

I've been thinking the same. Ordered a 7.3 platty Nov-26th.. Only commodity issue is the fifth wheel prep. But I am up in Canada and we seem to get things much slower!

2 hours ago, FordTruckFan said:

That’s awesome!!! Hopefully my truck gets delivered soon, my build date was the same as yours, I also have the fifth wheel prep and safe.  Mine is coming by rail…. 

2 hours ago, FordTruckFan said:

3 hours ago, FordTruckFan said:

Congratulations im hoping my dealer is that good and kweps there word on xplan. Owned many but first nramd new ford and hoping they dont ruin it

• Like 1

My F250 still shows "In Production" one week later,  but I now have Module Build Data showing.  Another step forward!

As of 3/25, I now have a date showing of 3/23 near my "In Production" icon, that was not there before.

Edited by blackboost
update
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Yukon77 said:

I've been thinking the same. Ordered a 7.3 platty Nov-26th.. Only commodity issue is the fifth wheel prep. But I am up in Canada and we seem to get things much slower!

I waited almost 8 months to get scheduled with a F-450 KRU.

Wouldn't agree that it takes longer in Canada, as my Canadian dealer had 24 SD's scheduled last week, and had at least 40 scheduled already this year, but still has around 70 in the USOB. The 5th wheel prep is often noted as a commodity restraint, but they have lots of others that were never published. At present Ford are experiencing delays with 37 suppliers.

30 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

I waited almost 8 months to get scheduled with a F-450 KRU.

Wouldn't agree that it takes longer in Canada, as my Canadian dealer had 24 SD's scheduled last week, and had at least 40 scheduled already this year, but still has around 70 in the USOB. The 5th wheel prep is often noted as a commodity restraint, but they have lots of others that were never published. At present Ford are experiencing delays with 37 suppliers.

That's good to hear that so many were scheduled last week. Hopefully you get your new truck soon. I am hoping it is in time for camping season this year.

I ordered my F450 Platinum on 10/21. Rapid Red with none of the avoidable constraints. 
Received the scheduled for production email on 2/1 with a build week of 3/7

On 2/4 the build week was pushed to 3/14

On  2/7 the build week was pushed to 3/21

On  2/15 the build week was pushed to 3/28

On  2/17 the build week was pushed to 4/4

On  2/25 the build week was pushed to 4/11

On  3/2 the build week was pushed to 4/18

On  3/16 the build week was pushed to 4/25

No email today…..

Well friends, I got good news today from my dealer, my truck is already on a rail car heading my way.  I was blown away; it was built yesterday and today it was loaded on a rail car and I have the car number.  CSX Transportation, TTGX710739.  Now more anticipation to keep up with transit, lol.  How have you guys tracked CSX train cars in the past?

Edited by 787Toolman
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, Frog_Legs said:

I ordered my F450 Platinum on 10/21. Rapid Red with none of the avoidable constraints. 
Received the scheduled for production email on 2/1 with a build week of 3/7

On 2/4 the build week was pushed to 3/14

On  2/7 the build week was pushed to 3/21

On  2/15 the build week was pushed to 3/28

On  2/17 the build week was pushed to 4/4

On  2/25 the build week was pushed to 4/11

On  3/2 the build week was pushed to 4/18

On  3/16 the build week was pushed to 4/25

No email today…..

Ordered my 450 Platinum on 11/5.  I got scheduled a week before you for 3/7.  I’ve been pushed back six times to 3/14, 3/21, 4/4, 4/11, 4/25, and the latest pushback was last Wednesday to 5/2.