2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Hey guys, I am a newbie here.  I ordered a new super duty on 2/14/22 and have been reading a lot of the posts here.     I do have a general question about the orders.     If Ford is prioritizing retail orders and COVP orders do not require dealer allocation, how are dealers able to order stock inventory with so many unfilled retail orders?   Thanks in advance.

17 minutes ago, Oldchevyguy said:

Hey guys, I am a newbie here.  I ordered a new super duty on 2/14/22 and have been reading a lot of the posts here.     I do have a general question about the orders.     If Ford is prioritizing retail orders and COVP orders do not require dealer allocation, how are dealers able to order stock inventory with so many unfilled retail orders?   Thanks in advance.

Probably because the retail orders can’t be built and dealers spec stock orders that are more likely to get built.

16 minutes ago, akirby said:

Probably because the retail orders can’t be built and dealers spec stock orders that are more likely to get built.

Or they are retail orders that have been converted, for example because someone ordered from multiple dealerships, or a transaction fell through.

1 hour ago, kfford said:

I ordered 350 KR Shortbed SW w/ACruise,5W and wheel well liners in late Nov. Nothing to date. Did you get aVIN yet?

Same as you. Confirmed orde ron Nov 19th and received a confirmation email and the hang tight email over the weekend. Originally I had the touneau cover and spray in bedliner which I took off on Feb 25th. I kept the 5th wheel prep. Black and Stone grey. No vin. Nothing. I hope you get yours soon. 

I was at a Ford dealer on Saturday just looking around.   A nice sales lady came out and during our conversation, she mentioned that Ford is going to be shipping a lot of unfinished vehicles to dealers lots to free up room.    She said that these vehicles could not be sold until they were completed at a later date.  Just thought it was interesting.

15 minutes ago, Oldchevyguy said:

I was at a Ford dealer on Saturday just looking around.   A nice sales lady came out and during our conversation, she mentioned that Ford is going to be shipping a lot of unfinished vehicles to dealers lots to free up room.    She said that these vehicles could not be sold until they were completed at a later date.  Just thought it was interesting.

Oddly enough my dealer hinted at the same thing last week. First I heard of it and now I'm seeing that quite a bit in the posts. He thought they would ship them without chips to speed up the back log. Regardless, I can wait. I just want it done right. Would love to have it to finish off turkey season but I'd rather wait. I have learned a whole new meaning of the word patience. 

4 hours ago, rjrrtheis said:

Anyone order a Super Duty that lives in California? If so, how long did the delivery take to the Dealer?

I live in California, but mine just changed to In Production status last week. Hoping it gets built this week as currently scheduled.  Went through the Dealer in Oakdale for mine. 

I’ll post any progress as things move forward. 

Best of luck with your order. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Benmgator said:

Oddly enough my dealer hinted at the same thing last week. First I heard of it and now I'm seeing that quite a bit in the posts. He thought they would ship them without chips to speed up the back log. Regardless, I can wait. I just want it done right. Would love to have it to finish off turkey season but I'd rather wait. I have learned a whole new meaning of the word patience. 

I was told the same thing over a week ago, my truck showed shipped but actually was sitting in a lot.  I’m hoping it’s actually shipped 

1 hour ago, Oldchevyguy said:

I highly doubt anybody inside Ford fed her that information.  Most likely an unsubstantiated rumor.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oldchevyguy said:

Ford has issued no statements about shipping unfinished or incomplete vehicles to dealerships for microchip installation, etc. It was under consideration over a year ago and then dropped. Someone makes a statement, it gets repeated numerous times and then it's considered a fact!

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

Update:   Seems like I am finally getting close to being built - showing module data!

F350, Lariat, DRW, SCLB, 6.7, 5th wheel, spray-in, winch, extended running boards, vehicle safe, skid plates, snowplow/camper, UTT, wheel liner, splash guard, upfitter, door opener, tailgate step, bed step, hood deflector, lariat value pkg, gooseneck ball, engine block heater,++(no AS).

Timeline:

9/24 - Ordered

10/7 - Order Confirmed email

2/1- Scheduled for production email for week of 3/7

2/4 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/14

2/7 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/7

2/25 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/14

3/6 - Tracker shows "In production" - no email or "In production" date

3/7 - Window Sticker available with date of 3/7

3/10 - Window Sticker with date of 3/10

3/16 - Tracker still shows "In production" but with no production date

3/16 - Dealer informed me that it has been sent to the plant, and I have a build date of 3/20

3/18 - window sticker with date of 3/18

3/22 - Noticed that the Module Build Data shows many modules - good indication my truck is in the build process

3/22 - Tracker still shows no date for "in production" or "built"

Edited by cboy

38 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Ford has issued no statements about shipping unfinished or incomplete vehicles to dealerships for microchip installation, etc. It was under consideration over a year ago and then dropped. Someone makes a statement, it gets repeated numerous times and then it's considered a fact!

So this report isn't accurate?  https://www.autonews.com/nada/ford-will-ship-and-sell-vehicles-without-chips-controlling-non-safety-critical-features

HRG

Edited by HotRunrGuy

Just changed to in production, and the window sticker appeared. Shorter wait than many on here. F250 CCSB, SRW 7.3, Lariat Ultimate, no A/S, no bed liner, no 5th wheel, no moon roof. Super Pumped.

Ordered                               27-Jan
Production Est 2/10         28-Mar
Production Est 2/17         4-Apr
Production Est 2/18         28-Mar
Scheduled to day 3/29    15-Mar
In production                     22-Mar
Window Sticker                 22-Mar

On 3/23/2021 at 7:13 AM, mink said:

So I ordered and paid a deposit for a 2022  super duty and else where I've read that in order to make sure that it's in the unscheduled order bank I should receive or have a    DORA  what does a dora look like and should I have one all ready?

I believe the DORA is what you signed when you made the order and sent your DL and deposit. 

On 3/19/2022 at 12:19 PM, ice-capades said:

I'd love to know where this 27 or 29-week hold information came from that Dealers are supposedly telling customers and constantly reported. I see all the scheduling and commodity reports and nowhere have I seen such an estimate.   

Ice, I spoke with my sales manager at my Ford dealer, he said Ford did provide written confirmation that 5th wheel prep was a significant delay up to 29 weeks but that the notice stated in bold red letters to not share the details outside the dealer network, so, I only stated what delay they passed on to me.  If I understand you correctly, the only part you questioned was how long the delay was associated with 5th wheel prep, and not that it's a problem commodity with significant delay of which many others are listed.  Unfortunately, I cannot provide the proof you requested.  

38 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I think that’s different than than the previous proposal which was to ship them incomplete and have dealers install modules before selling them.  The latest report says they’ll sell them without certain features and activate them later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, winkzoot said:

Just changed to in production, and the window sticker appeared. Shorter wait than many on here. F250 CCSB, SRW 7.3, Lariat Ultimate, no A/S, no bed liner, no 5th wheel, no moon roof. Super Pumped.

Ordered                               27-Jan
Production Est 2/10         28-Mar
Production Est 2/17         4-Apr
Production Est 2/18         28-Mar
Scheduled to day 3/29    15-Mar
In production                     22-Mar
Window Sticker                 22-Mar

Man, I wish I had your kind of scheduling.  I ordered 8 days before you and havent heard a peep other than the "update about delays" email that I got last Thursday.  

Seems like those with the 7.3 Lariat Ultimates are getting through a lot quicker than Platinums and the 6.7.  Maybe I am wrong.

Didn’t receive an email but checked the tracker and moved into production! Window sticker link wasn’t working in the tracker but I was able to use https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=xxxxx to see the sticker.

Super impressed with the time frame. Dealer told me up front to expect May - June if I was lucky.

Ordered 1/24/22

Confirmed email 1/24/22

Scheduled to week 4/4 on 2/17

Scheduled to week 3/28 on 2/18

*No email from Ford - In production 3/22

50 minutes ago, teecamp said:

Man, I wish I had your kind of scheduling.  I ordered 8 days before you and havent heard a peep other than the "update about delays" email that I got last Thursday.  

Seems like those with the 7.3 Lariat Ultimates are getting through a lot quicker than Platinums and the 6.7.  Maybe I am wrong.

I was thinking the exact same thing, the gasser Lariat trucks seem to be flying out the door.

Things to find out from your dealer - how many trucks do they have on order,  and where is your truck on that list. Also ask to have your priority code changed to a more favorable number (better than a 19).

‘Wish I knew about asking the dealer about their orders before I chose the one I did. Ordered on 12/21, currently 29 on their list of 60 ?

16 hours ago, Monoman said:

Fleet manager?  If your order is not a retail (COVP) then it is probably not going to be filled anytime soon.  I would insist on the dealer proving the order is a COVP and if it is not then reorder through another dealer that knows what they are doing. 

It is a COVP order, just working with the fleet manager. Have friends that work at the dealer and they steered me towards him. Had other friends work with him in the past also.

3 hours ago, akirby said:

I think that’s different than than the previous proposal which was to ship them incomplete and have dealers install modules before selling them.  The latest report says they’ll sell them without certain features and activate them later.

Isnt GMC doing something like that?