2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

To add to the doom and gloom, magnesium shortage is worse than the chip shortage right now.  Magnesium is used to make aluminum products IE: Super Duty Wheels etc.  China is primary supplier (85%) and they are unable to export due to energy shortage there.  Good news is USA has a supply of magnesium they expect to last through the end of the year.  Fun times!!!!

2 hours ago, jmf450 said:

Nothing has been posted by @ice-capades with SD scheduling here.

I will only post information received from Ford, distributed to Ford dealerships or from Ford sources considered to be highly credible. While information posted by others may prove accurate at a later date, I have no desire in getting into a discussion on information I consider, at least initially, to be speculation or highly questionable that may have been posted to further a personal agenda. 

FYI... 2022MY Super Duty scheduling for next week will be for production the week of 11/22/2021. The full Production Week Scheduling Information will be posted later. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, jmf450 said:

The last note I saw about commodity shortages indicating

- aluminum wheels for duallys

- 5th - fleetmaster

How do we know if the commodity becomes available again? Is it a shortage until Ford publishes new scheduling information?

I talked to Ford Marketing today about my F250. And they said AS and spray in bed liner are the only commodity issues...who knows at this point, anyone's guess. 

Has anyone custom retail ordered, yet checked your window sticker and it's blue?? I thought retail customer orders are green?

I am "in production" as of 10/20. Custom ordered at my dealership, and got a confirmed email from Ford back in July (after initially placing order 4/20 with xlt Tremor, but Ford cancelled the Tremor package on XLT for 2022 MY). My window sticker finally populated yesterday and it's Blue, not green

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HarryTaint said:

I talked to Ford Marketing today about my F250. And they said AS and spray in bed liner are the only commodity issues...who knows at this point, anyone's guess. 

This was the same as my sales guy came back with after consulting with the regional manager here(i sent him a screenshot of ice-capades notes). Dropped them and my truck got scheduled 2.5 weeks later. (Ordered June 6th)

I have Fifth Wheel package and a ELD(tremor package)

Edited by mattdm

19 hours ago, Baddestt said:

Has anyone custom retail ordered, yet checked your window sticker and it's blue?? I thought retail customer orders are green?

I am "in production" as of 10/20. Custom ordered at my dealership, and got a confirmed email from Ford back in July (after initially placing order 4/20 with xlt Tremor, but Ford cancelled the Tremor package on XLT for 2022 MY). My window sticker finally populated yesterday and it's Blue, not green

This is exactly what happened to me Baddestt.   

my order on 09/23/2021 through dealer and was confirmed by Ford

Sent to Production on 10/20

access to my window sticker on 10/21

my special order is a blue window  sticker.  I makes you pretty sad, suspicious and a bit worried99A288C0-210A-47D8-90C8-24D9318B848D.thumb.jpeg.1a1a745417472b0b0b82c3c93cdef895.jpeg

Edited by TruckBuilderBob

1 hour ago, Hypo said:

Was talking with my salesman today and he was saying that some of the trucks produced for lots going forward may be missing certain features due to chip shortages again. 

LOL!

Like what?  A transmission reverse gear?

Edited by Fogbelly

And….a new player enters the game.

F-450 Platinum - Rapid Red

Added the usual (block heater, upfitter switches, etc.) stuff that shouldn’t create a glitch 

DID NOT order AS or spray in bed liner 

Order date 10/21/21

Confirmation from Ford received 10/21/21

Order was setup and input by the sales manager 

Now the wait begins….and the struggle is real. 

Many thanks to the folks that have provided so much information and guidance on the process. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Fogbelly said:

LOL!

Like what?  A transmission reverse gear?

More like the spray in liner. All things that can be done at the dealer or aftermarket for the same or better quality. Even ship without the 5th wheel prep package cause the dealer can install it at a later date. Just say sorry wait for the whole truck or leave with the dealer for a week when they get the package in. 

19 hours ago, Frog_Legs said:

And….a new player enters the game.

F-450 Platinum - Rapid Red

Added the usual (block heater, upfitter switches, etc.) stuff that shouldn’t create a glitch 

DID NOT order AS or spray in bed liner 

Order date 10/21/21

Confirmation from Ford received 10/21/21

Order was setup and input by the sales manager 

Now the wait begins….and the struggle is real. 

Many thanks to the folks that have provided so much information and guidance on the process. 

Ford it’s doing really good now Frog-Legs.  You’ll be surprised.  Of corse Covid had a lot of people waiting for many many different reasons; but,  they have been working to put a good balance of all those older orders and the new orders into production at the same time.  So the number of older ones is coming down fast and the middle and newest ones aren’t waiting that long.  A month ago it was 3 months or a little more.  And even shipping was difficult.  Now shipping can be predicted under three weeks and production is closer to two months now.   Before all this craziness, Ford was putting out Special Orders in six to seven weeks.  

Hope yours goes well.  Lots of good people here if you have questions too!

14 minutes ago, Jonel said:

Ford it’s doing really good now Frog-Legs.  You’ll be surprised.  Of corse Covid had a lot of people waiting for many many different reasons; but,  they have been working to put a good balance of all those older orders and the new orders into production at the same time.  So the number of older ones is coming down fast and the middle and newest ones aren’t waiting that long.  A month ago it was 3 months or a little more.  And even shipping was difficult.  Now shipping can be predicted under three weeks and production is closer to two months now.   Before all this craziness, Ford was putting out Special Orders in six to seven weeks.  

Jonel

I'm one of the old orders from when they first opened the order banks. My only hold up is the spray in bedliner. So I don't feel the same with them doing good. I've not had a truck for over 6 months now. New orders shouldn't be getting spray in liners until older orderes got it first.. What happened to first come first serve. It's been a horrible first experience with ford. The entire process. I'm even at a priority 02. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Jonel said:

Jonel

This post is not true for the majority of people I know. Most of us haven’t gotten anything since their deposit. There is no indication that Ford is doing any better. They aren’t communicating anything to anyone to show that they have improved any wait times. And there is zero truth to Ford putting anything out in the timelines that you have provided. Let’s not put out fake numbers please. Many of us have been waiting for 3 months or more and have had zero progress. 

18 hours ago, danielj said:

I'm one of the old orders from when they first opened the order banks. My only hold up is the spray in bedliner. So I don't feel the same with them doing good. I've not had a truck for over 6 months now. New orders shouldn't be getting spray in liners until older orderes got it first.. What happened to first come first serve. It's been a horrible first experience with ford. The entire process. I'm even at a priority 02. 

When did they change you to priority 02 Danielj?   I have seen a lot of the older orders changing to the 02 priority by the powers that be to get them done sooner.  It dose move you to the front of the line!  ?

I understand you feeling sour about Ford production but but but but if you weren’t you wouldn’t be human.

The whole world is sour in one way or the other right now.  Don’t let it ruin your new truck experience.  What happened to the old saying what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger? ?

There are a lot of people at Ford trying to get things right.  It is not easy when you don’t have control over the things stopping you.  I know you are hanging in there and you are patient or you wouldn’t still be about to get your truck.   I hope this part of your new truck experience goes better Danielj

17 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

This post is not true for the majority of people I know. Most of us haven’t gotten anything since their deposit. There is no indication that Ford is doing any better. They aren’t communicating anything to anyone to show that they have improved any wait times. And there is zero truth to Ford putting anything out in the timelines that you have provided. Let’s not put out fake numbers please. Many of us have been waiting for 3 months or more and have had zero progress. 

I think you might better say you do not see any of the things I have spoken of.  I do not lie and I am not selling you anything aardvark666. I am sharing with you change that I have seen over the past month or so.  For as long as it has taken for COVID to run ramped and unchecked (and in some areas it is still unchecked) it will take time to balance things out.  I have seen this happening.  I hope things go better for you aardvark666. 

We are buying one of the best trucks if not the best truck in the world made by one of the best manufacturing companies in the world. I just hope we all realize and know that.  

when the market crashed several years ago, Ford was the manufacturer that made things work. They didn’t take the money off their stock holders and claim bankruptcy.  The changed with the times and made things work

they are doing the same thing now and I would say again, you already know all this or you wouldn’t be here holding on to your purchase.  

please don’t hate me. I just want a fair shake here.  You and all those other people out there are good people and Ford is a good company.  

take care

FWIW, The equipment I use every day is made right here at home. And just like everyone else we are still facing supply chain issues. Some of the internal components are made by other manufacturers/suppliers and they have their own challenges to overcome,  And so on…. Whether steel, plastics, precursors for other processes, labor shortage or whatever, everyone is doing the best they can in a difficult time. 

This won’t be over soon and about all any of us can do is grit our teeth and keep on making the best of what we do have. 

Now, it’s time to get back to speculating on our delivery dates.  ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jonel said:

When did they change you to priority 02 Danielj?   I have seen a lot of the older orders changing to the 02 priority by the powers that be to get them done sooner.  It dose move you to the front of the line!  ?

I understand you feeling sour about Ford production but but but but if you weren’t you wouldn’t be human.

The whole world is sour in one way or the other right now.  Don’t let it ruin your new truck experience.  What happened to the old saying what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger? ?

There are a lot of people at Ford trying to get things right.  It is not easy when you don’t have control over the things stopping you.  I know you hanging in there and you are patient or you wouldn’t still be about to get your truck.   I home the part of your experience goes better Danielj

i hope you are not upset with me

Jonel

I wasn't told when I just seen it on my order sheet after I asked for a copy to verify everything was correct so I don't get a misordered truck and told sorry you can wait another 6 months to a year to get the correct one. 

It has already ruined my new truck experience there is no fixing that without some exceptional customer service from the dealership. That is also already on a bad start from lies from the start. 

I'm not upset with you at all. This is all just a discussion.

• Thanks 1