2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

Super Duty was never produced in Mexico

I would very respectfully disagree. I distinctly remember my 2000 string on the door sticker assembled in Mexico. Quick fact check included here for your reference 

0172E78D-4FE5-4E26-A05A-2C96B5A49E53.png

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

Well, I stand corrected...next question, what was the issue with it?

It was a very plaint gas f250 but was plagued with all sorts of minor issues from rattles, missing fasteners etc. Nothing major but enough that I traded it after about a year and a half. Buddy of mine ended up with same issues on his “made in Mexico” f250. Could have been totally unrelated to the assembly point but after that we were keenly aware of the KTP sticker and still laugh about it today when we ask each other if our new trucks are “Hencho en Mexico”

Question on Dealership allocation and production queue within a given dealership:

Do orders that come in later with a clean build(no commodity issue items on the order) wait on orders that were done previously with commodity issues or with lower Priority Codes?

Example scenario:

Truck A order is placed in January with a priority code of 10 and possibly has commodity issues like the 5th wheel prep or bed liner, etc.  Truck B order is placed in February with a clean build and priority code 19.  When Ford does scheduling and dealership allocation comes around to where it would be time for Truck A to be scheduled, will Truck B be delayed because Truck A is ahead of it in priority and waiting on parts for commodity issues?  Or if Ford had all the parts for Truck B, would Truck B jump ahead of Truck A to fill that dealerships allocation?  ***Assume that these are the only 2 trucks the dealer has on order and their monthly allocation is one truck.  Really just trying to get an idea if a truck "ahead of you in line" can delay your order because it has issues with its build and it has a lower priority code.

The wait is finally coming to an end

Ordered 7/21/21

Dropped Tonneau  and spray In liner 12/1/21

Scheduled for build 12/16/21 for week of 2/8/22

Build Moved to week of 2/14/22

Dealer said build day 2/16/22

Built 2/18/22

Shipped 2/19/22

Arrived at Rail yard 2/25/22

Just got E MAIL from Ford.,  Truck has been built !! 2/19/22 @ 8:13 pm

Estimated delivery to dealer  3/1/22 to 3/7/22

Update: 3/1/22

Dealer just e mailed me that the truck arrived at rail yard on 2/25/22.

waiting on truck to make the final journey to dealer. Should be this week.

20 minutes ago, Sox3 said:

The wait is finally coming to an end

Ordered 7/21/21

Dropped Tonneau  and spray In liner 12/1/21

Scheduled for build 12/16/21 for week of 2/8/22

Build Moved to week of 2/14/22

Dealer said build day 2/16/22

Built 2/18/22

Shipped 2/19/22

Arrived at Rail yard 2/25/22

Just got E MAIL from Ford.,  Truck has been built !! 2/19/22 @ 8:13 pm

Estimated delivery to dealer  3/1/22 to 3/7/22

Update: 3/1/22

Dealer just e mailed me that the truck arrived at rail yard on 2/25/22.

waiting on truck to make the final journey to dealer. Should be this week.

What area are you in? What truck did you order? 

Anyone know what it means when your ETA date disappears from the ford tracker site on a built truck? Over the weekend it was showing an ETA to dealer on 3/10/22. Now that information is gone, line item is completely removed under Vehicle Details. 

Anyone deal with that yet? Hopefully not purgatory like the other user here was describing. I am very close to the plant.  

Edited by JT42
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, JT42 said:

Anyone know what it means when your ETA date disappears from the ford tracker site on a built truck? Over the weekend it was showing an ETA to dealer on 3/10/22. Now that information is gone, line item is completely removed under Vehicle Details. 

Anyone deal with that yet? Hopefully not purgatory like the other user here was describing. I am very close to the plant.  

I noticed this on mine yesterday as well. Really weird.

1 hour ago, muggerzh said:

Truck got delivered to Mesquite TX, should pick it up Saturday.  If you are looking at a timeline, you can look at my previous posts.

Overall I am very impressed by Ford.  I am a happy customer.

What Dealer did you order from and when did you order? I’m in the Dallas area also.

2 hours ago, big_water said:

Question on Dealership allocation and production queue within a given dealership:

Do orders that come in later with a clean build(no commodity issue items on the order) wait on orders that were done previously with commodity issues or with lower Priority Codes?

Example scenario:

Truck A order is placed in January with a priority code of 10 and possibly has commodity issues like the 5th wheel prep or bed liner, etc.  Truck B order is placed in February with a clean build and priority code 19.  When Ford does scheduling and dealership allocation comes around to where it would be time for Truck A to be scheduled, will Truck B be delayed because Truck A is ahead of it in priority and waiting on parts for commodity issues?  Or if Ford had all the parts for Truck B, would Truck B jump ahead of Truck A to fill that dealerships allocation?  ***Assume that these are the only 2 trucks the dealer has on order and their monthly allocation is one truck.  Really just trying to get an idea if a truck "ahead of you in line" can delay your order because it has issues with its build and it has a lower priority code.

No, when a dealer is given allocation it chooses the lowest priority that can be built.  Otherwise one truck that can’t be built would hold up every other truck.  It just stays in queue until the next round of scheduling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JT42 said:

I literally just came on here to ask the same question. My ETA was supposed to be tomorrow but Ive been tracking the train and its still over 600 miles away. Today the ETA has disappeared from the ford tracking. 

55 minutes ago, akirby said:

No, when a dealer is given allocation it chooses the lowest priority that can be built.  Otherwise one truck that can’t be built would hold up every other truck.  It just stays in queue until the next round of scheduling.

Is there a key to getting your order priority code lowered? My dealer placed mine at 19 when i ordered 2.5 months ago and it's still at a 19.  If someone came in and ordered after me and they placed them at a priority 18 or lower, are you saying they would get scheduled before me if they had the exact same order and all parts were available?

36 minutes ago, jhaber said:

I literally just came on here to ask the same question. My ETA was supposed to be tomorrow but Ive been tracking the train and its still over 600 miles away. Today the ETA has disappeared from the ford tracking. 

Might just be the system, hopefully the dates will come back up.

On another note I am so done with this process. I can't wait to get the truck and move on. All of the new and a few old faces in this thread remind me of when I first started following back in November. Its been a long haul, much shorter than some on here but glad it is coming to an end here soon (hopefully). 

1 hour ago, big_water said:

Is there a key to getting your order priority code lowered? My dealer placed mine at 19 when i ordered 2.5 months ago and it's still at a 19.  If someone came in and ordered after me and they placed them at a priority 18 or lower, are you saying they would get scheduled before me if they had the exact same order and all parts were available?

They would absolutely have theirs built before yours if parts were available.  But most likely they either have everyone at 19 or they move the orders to lower priority based on order date.  You just have to ask them and find out how many are ahead of yours.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 8:12 AM, snb92 said:

Hello everyone, long time lurker, first post.  I wanted to share my order date and tracking history.  Reading others posts helped me along the way so I hope to possibly help someone else.  I ordered a F350 DRW CC 6.7 with AS, 5th wheel prep, bed liner, wheel well liners, the works on 10/6/21 from Commercial Motors in South Texas.    I received my confirmation email on the same day.  After two weeks of nothing and reading this forum, I saw Ice Capades post on production notes showing nothing with AS was being scheduled.  I called my dealer and had her remove it.  I then received my scheduled for production date on 11/16 with an estimated build date of  1/17/22.  I then received an email on 12/27 pushing my estimated build date to 1/31.  Checking the tracker, it showed my truck moved into production on 2/4, and then I received an email on 2/7 indicating my truck was built.  Watching the tracker, it showed shipped on 2/8 and I received an email saying it was shipped on 2/11with an expected delivery of 2/19 to 2/25.  called my dealer yesterday and my truck is in Houston and is expected to be here by Friday, 2/25.  It’s been a long wait, albeit not as long as some others on here, but I am so ready.  I hope the timeline report here helps in some way.

Update on my journey - I was really hoping to have my truck this past weekend, but alas, was not to be.  On Friday, the tracker updated the estimated delivery date to 2/28, and then yesterday it updated it to 3/4.  Today, like many other have commented, the date disappeared altogether.  It seems like a really long time (over a week now) for the truck to make it from Houston to Aransas Pass, which is literally about 3 hours apart.  We ordered the wife a new Explorer on Saturday - just a sucker for punishment...

Greetings folks, I'm new here and planning to buy a F250 Tremor 7.3L. I've been lurking on this thread for a bit to see the current state of orders and lead times. Great discussions in here.

A few weeks ago, I thought I convinced myself to hold out until the release of the MY2023 to place my order, but already running out of patience. It looks like MY2022 orders opened in early March of last year and manufacturing around July, but I've read other forums saying to expect 2023 ordering to open in mid summer.  My local dealer agrees that ordering a 2022 now probably wouldn't work out because a 6 month lead time lands in August and Ford will probably shift to 2023 manufacturing by then. 

So based on your experiences, do you think placing an order for a 2022 at this point is a waste?  I saw some folks get build dates for orders from February and I'm already regretting waiting. 

6 hours ago, russ90s said:

Was finally able to track my truck in Canada. Signed into ford site and tried the tracking. Came up that it was a Canadian vehicle and had a link to Canadian tracking. 
DA78C085-2534-41CB-8AB5-DAEED1563297.thumb.png.faa323844a221efea56bb52ba85ad2d4.png

Where in Canada and what did you order? I ordered Nov 26th and have not heard a thing.

The updated 2022 Super Duty Pick-Up Order Guide is now available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section. 

NOTE: Includes the new Lariat Black Appearance Package Without Spray-In Bedliner (17M)

LARIAT BLACK APPEARANCE PACKAGE WITHOUT SPRAY-IN BEDLINER (17M)
Availability:
Optional on Lariat Crew Cab
Not available with:
Camper Package (471)
● Snowplow/Camper Package (47B)

Requires:
4x4
● F-250 or F-350 SRW

Includes:
6” Ebony Black Angular – Running Boards
● 20” Ebony Black Painted Premium Aluminum Wheel
● LT275/65R 20E OWL A/T (TCW)
● Black Ford Oval Logos, Front and Rear
● Body-color front and rear bumper
● Ebony Black Fender Vent Surround
● Ebony Black Painted front Grille Bars
● Ebony Black Painted Mirror Caps
● Gray and Black Box Decals (4x4, FX4 and Tremor)
● Headlamps – Black out surrounds, LED only
● Wheel Well Liner, Rear (61M)

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 4