2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I’m thinking, the less you order the faster you may get it. This is probably the last one I get to build do to my personal limitations. Therefore I put everything in this truck. And I’ll wait show my patience and hopefully enjoy it for a long time to come. I’m not going to order 4 different trucks from different dealerships just because I can. I’ve ordered from my local dealership that has always taken care of me. I’ll service it in the same place and feel good about keeping my local businesses doing what they do keeping the community thriving.

things could be a lot worse, we’re ordering new vehicles while others in the world are loosing everything.   I can wait.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Sh6l9by said:

I’m thinking, the less you order the faster you may get it. This is probably the last one I get to build do to my personal limitations. Therefore I put everything in this truck. And I’ll wait show my patience and hopefully enjoy it for a long time to come. I’m not going to order 4 different trucks from different dealerships just because I can. I’ve ordered from my local dealership that has always taken care of me. I’ll service it in the same place and feel good about keeping my local businesses doing what they do keeping the community thriving.

things could be a lot worse, we’re ordering new vehicles while others in the world are loosing everything.   I can wait.

I ordered about the most plain jane F250 possible other than power group. F250 XL 4x4 CCSB, 7.3, 4.30, I don't think it has a lot to do with what your options are other than if you have something on the commodity list.

1 hour ago, Dog breath said:

ok i was looking at a satellite view from 2019 and there was a bunch of trucks with no boxes parked in the gfx parking lot and across the street at the stamping facility

LOL, I was doing the same thing.  Are you sure you are looking at GFX?  There is an up fitter next door that appears to install service bodies, most of the trucks in their lot are 'bedless'.  GFX is at the intersection of Westport Rd and Collins Ln.... at least according to Google!

Edited by PineNut
spelling correction

I put in the address and it shows across from the stamping but who knows. If it takes 2-3 hours to install 5th wheel prep then wow i can see how they could pile up fast. My f250 has the prep that i don't plan on using.. i dropped it on the new dually. May just take it off the 250 for the new truck

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/latest-numbers-automotive-microchip-shortage-35

Not sure why when i post links in here it takes you to a pay wall. KTP mention from article down below, if you run into the pay wall issue from the link. 

KTP mentioned in article - Published 2.28.22. 

"So far this year, Ford Motor Co.’s Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville leads all other North American assembly plants in the number of vehicles eliminated because of the chip shortage, with about 23,600 cut from its schedule. It is followed by Toyota Motor Corp. assembly plants in Woodstock, Ontario, and Georgetown, Ky., which have recorded losses of 16,200 and 15,800, respectively"

Edited by JT42

4 hours ago, Dog breath said:

So am I getting this correct? If you have 5th wheel prep

truck gets assembled except for box

travels 20 minutes to gxf for 5th wheel prep

goes back 20 min for final assembly? 

Someone posted that, I’m not sure who.  But before the bed is installed it’s a breeze to install the part.  I find it hard to believe but anything is possible these days!! 
BTW I have a 350 DRW lariat that went into production 2/23 with the fifth wheel prep. 
…. not showing built yet! 

Been following a long time and am just now beginning my wait. Ordered 01FEB. No VIN or anything yet. Just the confirmation email.

F250 7.3/tremor/lariat ultimate/star white/BAP/winch/upfitters/garage door opener.

Dealer said to expect 6 months or so. Happy to join in the commiseration!

8 hours ago, Sh6l9by said:

I don’t think so. I’m not sure what the hold up is, but I can tell you my truck, ordered September 24 should’ve been at the top of the list for gassers. Instead I’ve been bumped 7 times.

Why should yours be at the top of the list?

From the way Ice explained it to me months ago, when your truck is finally at a point for it to be selected for scheduling, literally every commodity must be available. I know it seems like Ford builds trucks in the craziest orders but thing about this for a second;

Your truck, with a few of the commodities restraints (that we know of) that was ordered 6 months ago is ready to be selected for scheduling, but they don't have enough metallic flake paint, your order doesn't get scheduled. Because they literally don't have everything they need at once.

Rando guy ordered the same truck, some options as you, 1 month age, but doesn't need that metallic paint get selected because they have everything they need for that truck. 

We don't know what individual part may or may not be holding up your build, its a lot more then just the commodities we are fortunate enough to know about that are limited. 

• Like 2

The statement was, their building upper end/expensive trucks first. With that said I’ve thrown everything in the check the box list at it and I’m still waiting. Yet it does appear people have ordered simpler builds more recently and had them delivered already. I want what I want I’ll wait patiently.

22 minutes ago, CaptainKopper said:

I think that was in reference to if Ford built trucks in order based upon highest price/profit margin. Im assuming Sh6l9by has a very expensive truck on order with a lot of options. 

Interesting thought. I have a King Ranch on order. By no means the most expensive…  No 5th wheel prep. But I do have the Ultimate package plus a few more options  Waiting since early August.

Edited by Denao_53
Additional information

39 minutes ago, Fzappa1 said:

Anyone have their truck show built lately? 
mine has been in production for almost a week. No spray bed liner,  but with fifth wheel prep. 

Built last week and shipped today.  

F250 7.3 4x4 Lariat pretty basic build.

17 minutes ago, Rogue6 said:

Built last week and shipped today.  

F250 7.3 4x4 Lariat pretty basic build.

Nice did you get the shipped email or just dealer notify you? Still waiting on mine to ship. 

Ok e veryone this should maybe make you giggle. I was just surfing the chevy and dodge forums and it must be all the same guys saying the same things..everyone is waiting for parts for trucks,,,vin #,chips, sprayin bedliners...dont feel like you are all alone here. at least your truck isnt being made in Mexico. Nothing wrong with Mexico but