Ford Sales - July 2022

On 8/4/2022 at 1:53 PM, .I. said:

No way. The EVs are taken the market by storm right now.  6 years more of ICE Mustang is the better scenario I can see now. Ford must take note and need to prepare the EV Mustang coupe as soon as possible. 

Time will tell I suppose.

On 8/3/2022 at 7:12 PM, 7Mary3 said:

Big improvement overall from last year, but Mustang and Lincoln sales are disappointing,  I figure the Mustang sales are off at least in part due to buyers waiting for the new model.  'Ford Blue' will be under considerable pressure to maximize profits so expect many poor performing products to be dropped over the next few years.

Inventory lacking is clearly a factor in regards to sales performance of those products you mention.

Interesting in the Munro live interview, Farley saying they have no inventory at all on a number of vehicles. Every vehicle being made is spoken for. He specifically mentioned Maverick. Stock on dealer lots is awaiting pickup, not purchase. 

Contrast that to VW with 153 days of ID4 stock on hand. 

4 hours ago, justins said:

Interesting in the Munro live interview, Farley saying they have no inventory at all on a number of vehicles. Every vehicle being made is spoken for. He specifically mentioned Maverick. Stock on dealer lots is awaiting pickup, not purchase. 

Kinda implies that VW really doesn’t know what it’s doing with US EV buyers…..

a dog and a block of ice comes to mind……

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

August 1 inventory 

Mustang ...................….....5,300
Bronco .......................... 10,300

Bronco Sport ............….… 4,400

E-series van..........…........ 9,800

EcoSport…...............……... 6,600

Edge ................................ 7,400

Escape........................... 14,300
Expedition ................……...9,100

Explorer................…........33,700

F series ..........................102,00

Maverick.......................... 4,300

Mustang Mach-E ......…....5,200

Ranger ...................…....... 6,000

Transit ............................18,800 

Transit Connect………….…..3,900

Aviator....................……..... 2,200
Corsair/MKC...........…….....3,200

Nautilus/MKX .....…...........2,300

Navigator..............……........1,200

On 8/5/2022 at 3:53 AM, .I. said:

No way. The EVs are taken the market by storm right now.  6 years more of ICE Mustang is the better scenario I can see now. Ford must take note and need to prepare the EV Mustang coupe as soon as possible. 

While what you say makes sense, Ford  is really under the pump with getting high volume BEV product out the gate, so I would see BEV versions of Lightning, Expedition, Explorer Mach E and the European Fords as higher priority. Next Gen Mustang can go to the end of the Decade if Ford wants because Hybrid and possibly PHEV is baked in thanks to using CD6 Modules.

We all want to se Ford do everything with BEVs but as Farley recently said, they are struggling with getting first run products right and getting enough battery volume to build to scale. The next five years, Ford is going to get smashed with things to do but man, what a time to be living….

Edited by jpd80
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, justins said:

That unusually high days inventory number is due in part to German made ID.4 being held at ports for the ID.Software 3.0 update. ID.4 availability is extremely sparse at U.S. VW dealerships. VW details major over-the-air update for ID.4 EV, promises more American software development (greencarreports.com)

The biggest issue VW is having with ID.4, just like what Ford and other automakers are having with BEV, is a huge backlog of orders due to the combination of high demand and supply chain issues for the automotive industry overall. The start of ID.4 production at VW's Chattanooga plant should help matters, but that remains to be seen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ford production July 2022

Explorer………………………..……..26,845

Aviator……………………….….….…..3,394

Chicago………………….……………30,239

Mustang Mach-E………………...7,872

Cuautitlan, Mexico………………7,872

F-Series………………………..………22,613

Dearborn……………………………..22,613

F-Series chassis……………..…….1,878

Detroit Chassis…………………….1,878

Mustang……….……………….……..4,596

Flat Rock, Mich…………………….4,596

Bronco Sport…………………..……6,382

Maverick……………………..……….3,578

Hermosillo…………………………..9,960

Transit…………………………..….…..6,262

Kansas City  SUV……….………..6,262

F-Series……….………………….….21,141

Kansas City Truck……….……21,141

Total Kansas City……………..27,403

F-Series Super Duty……………16,502

Expedition……………………………..5,008

Navigator……………….……………..1,275

Kentucky Truck………………….22,785

Escape…………………….…………...8,664

Corsair……………………….………….1,625

Louisville…………………………….10,289

Bronco………………………….…..….3,398

Ranger………………………….……...1,279

Michigan Assembly………….…4,677

Ford GT…………………….……………..20

Multimatic……………………………….20

Edge……..…………………………….4,869

Nautilus………………………………1,182

Oakville………………………….…..6,051

E-Series………………………………..3,020

F-Series Super Duty…………….1,028

Medium (F-650/F-750)………….970

Ohio Assembly……………………5,018

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That seems low to me....

It is and I wonder if they didn’t count a lot of incomplete builds that just require chips…..

IMO the seesawing of production  and sales numbers is all because chip deliveries are not coinciding with the above, no hope of trending with such a big external influence.

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, ausrutherford said:

Simmer shutdown?

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

It is and I wonder if they didn’t count a lot of incomplete builds that just require chips…..

IMO the seesawing of production  and sales numbers is all because chip deliveries are not coinciding with the above, no hope of trending with such a big external influence.

I forgot we were down for 3 weeks. I volunteered to work the 3rd week so it threw my internal calendar off. We only had 1 week of full production in July. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Don't overlook what ausrutherford posted - summer shutdown in July at many plants.

24 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

Don't overlook what ausrutherford posted - summer shutdown in July at many plants.

Fuzzy just confirmed that MAP was down for three weeks, so sales last month came from the few units build and whatever inventory was available.