2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

1 hour ago, Yankst28 said:

That’s a sweet profit for you, but I’m just not into trying to do that. I’d rather just say screw it keep driving my platinum that’s currently paid off and wait for the new one I actually want. 

I’m keeping my paid for KR as well.  I’m just not giving that profit to Ford who can’t build a truck to the specs I ordered.  I’ll then use that money to offset the price increase ford will pass on to me since I had to wait another year for a truck that is currently vaporware.  

ETA: and yes I know I’m taking the dealers profit as ford is getting their money regardless.  

this is all the 2023 450s listed as available today on cars.com.  

Ford Super Duty production is a Greek tragedy or a Confederacy of Dunces.

I haven’t quite nailed down which.

IMG_4676.jpeg

Edited by Big_Daddy

On 7/6/2023 at 1:57 PM, Big_Daddy said:

I’m keeping my paid for KR as well.  I’m just not giving that profit to Ford who can’t build a truck to the specs I ordered.  I’ll then use that money to offset the price increase ford will pass on to me since I had to wait another year for a truck that is currently vaporware.  

ETA: and yes I know I’m taking the dealers profit as ford is getting their money regardless.  

this is all the 2023 450s listed as available today on cars.com.  

Ford Super Duty production is a Greek tragedy or a Confederacy of Dunces.

I haven’t quite nailed down which.

IMG_4676.jpeg

I hear you on the profit...but

1. I'm not really interested in playing that game.

2. Ild feel shitty selling a truck that wasn't built properly and then charging an insane amount for it.

And 3. It might be small but maybe it will let Ford know that I'm not happy that they're doing things this way. 

Like everyone else has said, if it were something Ford would make good later and install, then ok. But a trim level feature that is missing, absolutely not. Now there lll be a whole lot of the 'same' trucks being sold second hand at some point and the only way to know if it has this feature is to go see it personally. Because no dealer is going to care and post that it's not there. And to be fair, if they were asked about it, they might not even know how to find out if it's there. 

I'm sorry gentlemen but I'm a firm believer in voting with my wallet because money talks. I doubt it it will say anything in the current limited inventory climate but I'm still going to do it.

BTW: I don't believe there's a chance in hell of actually getting scheduled. Based off of sales orders left to complete, and that 48% of orders were H/O and how many production can actually accommodate for a F450 KR...there's no way it's going to happen. I'm already prepping myself for a MY24. 

33 minutes ago, ImmortalJman said:

I hear you on the profit...but

1. I'm not really interested in playing that game.

2. Ild feel shitty selling a truck that wasn't built properly and then charging an insane amount for it.

And 3. It might be small but maybe it will let Ford know that I'm not happy that they're doing things this way. 

Like everyone else has said, if it were something Ford would make good later and install, then ok. But a trim level feature that is missing, absolutely not. Now there lll be a whole lot of the 'same' trucks being sold second hand at some point and the only way to know if it has this feature is to go see it personally. Because no dealer is going to care and post that it's not there. And to be fair, if they were asked about it, they might not even know how to find out if it's there. 

I'm sorry gentlemen but I'm a firm believer in voting with my wallet because money talks. I doubt it it will say anything in the current limited inventory climate but I'm still going to do it.

BTW: I don't believe there's a chance in hell of actually getting scheduled. Based off of sales orders left to complete, and that 48% of orders were H/O and how many production can actually accommodate for a F450 KR...there's no way it's going to happen. I'm already prepping myself for a MY24. 

Agree on all points, I wouldn’t take it either without multi contour, and I’m not interested in the trading game either.  The ‘23 model year KRs and above are going to be unicorns.

LOL. Some of you guys are really stuck in the past, and if you think by falling on your own sword by not buying a new truck without massaging seats will send a message, you will only be hurting yourself. Just move on over because the line of hundreds of thousands of pragmatic buyers are ready to take your order, and the line is looooong. Many will thank you and no one will care if their bottom side doesn’t get a cheap massage.

This is a new world we live in, and in 2023, this is how it is in every industry.

You re placing the blame right at Ford, which is such a shortsighted thing to do. Every automaker is having the same issue. My wife’s new GMC Denali is projected to take a year from the day the order banks open,
Ford outsources, and doesn’t make every part that they use, so these issues are not in direct control. Come to terms with that, or drive an old truck. 

Edited by George C
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, George C said:

Some of you guys are caught up in the past, and if you think by not buying a new truck without massaging seats will send a message, move over because the line of pragmatic people are ready to buy your order, and the line is looooong. Many will thank you. 
This is a new world we live in. You re placing the blame right at Ford, which is such a blowhard thing to do. 
Ford outsources, and doesn’t make every part that they use, so these issues are not in direct control. 

I don’t care whose problem it is. Ford’s name is on the vehicle and ford is the one only giving $50 dollar credits back for an option that to me separates a trim level from another. Yea there’s different trim patterns and leather color and stuff but in when I ordered my platinum is was around 4 grand to go with the Platinum over a fully loaded lariat that had all the same options besides the massaging seats. So to me I’m not taking a truck that’s essential a lariat for 4K more. One of the other people standing in line for one can buy it and say they have a platinum without the platinum features. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yankst28 said:

I don’t care whose problem it is. Ford’s name is on the vehicle and ford is the one only giving $50 dollar credits back for an option that to me separates a trim level from another. Yea there’s different trim patterns and leather color and stuff but in when I ordered my platinum is was around 4 grand to go with the Platinum over a fully loaded lariat that had all the same options besides the massaging seats. So to me I’m not taking a truck that’s essential a lariat for 4K more. One of the other people standing in line for one can buy it and say they have a platinum without the platinum features. 

Well then, make your point to yourself and stand aside. You win!

You’ll make someone else a very happy person.

And guess what?, they will be buying a platinum…

‘If you are worried about a few credit bucks, you are buying something out of reach anyway.

Life is short..

My dad used to say “kick every stone and you’ll need new shoes”.

Edited by George C

6 minutes ago, George C said:

Well then, make your point to yourself and stand aside. You win! ?

You’ll make someone else a very happy person.

And guess what?, they will be buying a platinum…

‘If you are worried about a few credit bucks, you are buying something out of reach anyway.

Life is short..

My dad used to say “kick every stone and you’ll need new shoes”.

Haha you do you bud. I’m driving a 21 platinum tremor with all the options on it. No point in buying a lesser truck. I’ll wait and buy a 24. That’s special to tell someone they are buying something “out of reach” when you know nothing of them. 

• Like 1

This is what you get standard on platinum over the lariat.  It’s way more than seats.

F1BEC984-EE7F-4C81-9103-813BE3525179.jpeg

Haha you do you bud. I’m driving a 21 platinum tremor with all the options on it. No point in buying a lesser truck. I’ll wait and buy a 24. That’s special to tell someone they are buying something “out of reach” when you know nothing of them. 

The point is either live with it or wait or buy something else if it’s that important.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, akirby said:

This is what you get standard on platinum over the lariat.  It’s way more than seats.

F1BEC984-EE7F-4C81-9103-813BE3525179.jpeg

You can get the majority of those options on a lariat. Once you start adding all the options to it. 100% agree that a platinum has more options than a standard lariat that’s not even debatable. But once you add all the packages and options there’s really not anything more you get other than the Platinum interior. 
If I was in need of the truck and did not currently have a platinum with all the options then yes I’d be taking the truck. But I am fortunate to be in a position where I don’t need it. I’m not throwing shade on anyone who takes one without the seats but that’s just not going to be me personally. I’ll take the AT4x I ordered or wait for a 24 Platty. 

Honestly all this is probably for nothing. I agree with Immortaljman, the truck probably won’t even get scheduled or built at this point and that’s fine with me at this point in the year with 24s so close

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

Complaining about a couple hundred bucks as a deal killer? Sorry for the assumption, but I think you are a little disconnected to today’s world.

When one buys a vehicle in this cost category, you should not be worried about pocket lint change, a few thousand bucks or not getting full value. You are getting full value.. and a new truck. 

Chin up buttercup…it’s not the end of civilization for the rest of us. .

BTW, for your consumption when killing a deal over Pennie’s….the word is that Ford will be raising prices on the 24’MY price by up to 8%…with no guarantees the supply chain will be any better, or even worse.. Do the math. 

I would expect Ford to toss even more equipment like the seats into the delete bin. The same way they tossed the adaptive steering because of supply this year.

LOL, It sure makes those seats look GOOD! 

So…let us know when you pick up your Platinum..?

Meanwhile, I am happily waiting for my new Limited to arrive some day, no matter what gets tossed. ✌️

Edited by George C

All points have been valid. And to be upfront it could be any trim level feature. It just happens to be the seats. I'm aware that there's a list so long that there will be 0 trouble selling it off and someone will pay dearly for it while the dealer gets to screw someone openly and honestly, I don't care. I know the supply chain problems for every dealer, I don't care. I know 24 is not likely to be any better and with my luck it will be worse. I'm not blaming Ford, I know they can't control it. Every business has to have a strategy for how they face these problems. I don't need to agree with their solution. And to be frank, taking it in the butt is what they're hoping you do and you thank them for it too and you might even/will toss in a few meaningless thousands of dollars for the pleasure. If enough people agreed and did that and for some miracle they didn't sell it on a lot, I garuntee they would change their strategy.

However, I know it won't send a msg given they have no need to give incentives, advertise for their SD, etc...I don't care. I agree the price will go up, as it usually does, I do care but I'm still going to take a truck that is complete from a trim level perspective. If I need to take off a moonroof, oh well it's optional equipment. But trim level options should be there, even if they had to say, we'll install it later in the next year.

I'm aware that none of us have any clue about who we each are, our backgrounds, culture, demographics, experience...if someone wants it one way and someone else wants it that way, fine. It's how the world works and a vehicle won't go to waste. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, George C said:

Meanwhile, I am happily waiting for my new Limited to arrive some day, no matter what gets tossed. ✌️

All of these "this is the way it is" insights are easily chipper coming from someone who ordered a trim level that Ford garunteed will have all features they promised, seems to be very disingenuiness.

Let me go through the platinum list and choose some things to toss out for you, as you're so willing to have done. If you get upset, then you are the kind of person that buys the platinum for the features. If not, then you have no business buying it and you really needed an XLT or so.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ImmortalJman said:

All of these "this is the way it is" insights are easily chipper coming from someone who ordered a trim level that Ford garunteed will have all features they promised, seems to be very disingenuiness.

Let me go through the platinum list and choose some things to toss out for you, as you're so willing to have done. If you get upset, then you are the kind of person that buys the platinum for the features. If not, then you have no business buying it and you really needed an XLT or so.

The mfr has the right to make changes to their products.  As a consumer you have the right to accept it or not accept it.  Some would rather have the truck even without some features.  Others would rather wait or get something else.  It’s a personal decision.  

8 hours ago, ImmortalJman said:

At the end of the day, life is a series of choices.
You have a “choice” to be happy and enjoy the good things in life, perfect or imperfect that life brings, or you can choose to find the simplest faults, kick every stone and “ruin” the good things that you work for. 
Seats?  Other small options? See the forest for the trees.

It seems our society has developed the bad habit of pointing the finger of blame..it’s THEIR fault..it’s a bad habit that brews depression and hate..

We can only control ourselves. So if you choose to make a senseless stand, then you go for it. You are only hurting yourself and those around you.

Don’t do it to yourself…‘It’s a truck, and not your last one. 

Edited by George C

33 minutes ago, George C said:

At the end of the day, life is a series of choices.
You have a “choice” to be happy and enjoy the good things in life, perfect or imperfect that life brings, or you can choose to find the simplest faults, kick every stone and “ruin” the good things that you work for. 
Seats?  Other small options? See the forest for the trees.

It seems our society has developed the bad habit of pointing the finger of blame..it’s THEIR fault..it’s a bad habit that brews depression and hate..

We can only control ourselves. So if you choose to make a senseless stand, then you go for it. You are only hurting yourself and those around you.

Don’t do it to yourself…‘It’s a truck, and not your last one. 

Nobody is blaming people for taking a truck they want. Some of us are in a position where we don’t “need” the new truck so why would we settle for something that doesn’t have trim options? Not sure why some are taking it as such a disrespect to make a personal choice that they don’t want to take a truck that doesn’t have all trim options. I don’t blame anyone for taking one, I’m just not going to be that person. I don’t need the truck, if I had a truck that was going down hill fast or couldn’t tow the things I need to tow then absolutely I’d take it. But that’s not the situation some of us are in. We have gorgeous trucks with all the options so why give them up? I’m not giving up my Platinum with all the options and 18k miles on to go to a newer platinum without an option I use every time I’m in the truck. Do I want a new truck absolutely. Do I need one? Absolutely not

• Like 1

Is there a way to retrieve the capacity sticker information before the vehicle reaches the dealership?  My vehicle is in transit so I have the sticker and VIN.  I guess there used to be a Ford site that would retrieve it by VIN but it does not seem to work anymore. 

Also,  is the high capacity axle upgrade the same as the previous year's high capacity tow package? The high capacity tow package seems to be gone this year. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Monoman

13 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

Nobody is blaming people for taking a truck they want. Some of us are in a position where we don’t “need” the new truck so why would we settle for something that doesn’t have trim options? Not sure why some are taking it as such a disrespect to make a personal choice that they don’t want to take a truck that doesn’t have all trim options. I don’t blame anyone for taking one, I’m just not going to be that person. I don’t need the truck, if I had a truck that was going down hill fast or couldn’t tow the things I need to tow then absolutely I’d take it. But that’s not the situation some of us are in. We have gorgeous trucks with all the options so why give them up? I’m not giving up my Platinum with all the options and 18k miles on to go to a newer platinum without an option I use every time I’m in the truck. Do I want a new truck absolutely. Do I need one? Absolutely not

Well then, you made your decision. 
The rest of us are looking forward to a new ride. 

Edited by George C

On 7/9/2023 at 11:43 AM, Monoman said:

Is there a way to retrieve the capacity sticker information before the vehicle reaches the dealership?  My vehicle is in transit so I have the sticker and VIN.  I guess there used to be a Ford site that would retrieve it by VIN but it does not seem to work anymore. 

Also,  is the high capacity axle upgrade the same as the previous year's high capacity tow package? The high capacity tow package seems to be gone this year. 

Thank you. 

I can log into my account on Ford.com to retrieve that info.

8 minutes ago, LisaB said:

I can log into my account on Ford.com to retrieve that info.

Interesting.  I can't find the capacity sticker information.   I'll look again and if you have any pointers please let me know.  

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Monoman said:

Interesting.  I can't find the capacity sticker information.   I'll look again and if you have any pointers please let me know.  

Thank you.

Once logged in, click on the little person(upper right) and choose  'Vehicle Dashboard'.  Scroll down to the quick links and choose 'Towing Calculator'

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LisaB said:

Once logged in, click on the little person(upper right) and choose  'Vehicle Dashboard'.  Scroll down to the quick links and choose 'Towing Calculator'

Thanks.  It kept reverting to my current vehicle.  Once I used a private browser window it was able to work.

20 minutes ago, brockb961 said:

If my truck is listed for production this week, should it have been updated by now with a specific production day?  Not sure if the day is ever shown or you just know it might be built that week.

The specific production date would have probably been assigned several weeks ago. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the information. 

Edited by ice-capades