2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

11 hours ago, ImmortalJman said:

Well spoken. Someone else pointed out their channel to me and they've been super helpful.

Yeah I know I don't have to take the '23 and not will I. I'm not that concerned, I feel pretty comfortable saying that it's not going to be built. I'm still considering changing to a Platinum though. That 1% difference in expected capacity makes a big difference at scale.

Platinum truck are amazing. I think in the 2024 production we'll come to find that the Lariat Ultimate trucks are the perfect balance desired options and then also able to be built. In 2022, that was an XLT. My brother ordered a 2022 in I think December of 2021 and a little over 90 days later it was sitting in his driveway. 

Dealer lots in our area are starting to fill up with trucks, when they were barren before.  Not Superduties, but F150s, up to and including quite a few Platinums (albeit missing options).  I’m assuming interest rates must be having an effect.  Maybe things will finally get straightened out in 2024 for Superduties as well.

On 7/23/2023 at 1:31 AM, ImmortalJman said:

What I found interesting at my dealership is that there were 16 F450 KR on order and none of them got scheduled, however a number of Platinum and Lariats got built and all were the same priority as mine (that's another topic). 

It's funny but between the KR and Platinum, there is very little difference. It's mostly down to interior style options. Both are outfitted with the exact same equipment. So, I wonder what part/parts of the KR trim are so constrained.

For my new order I'm deciding between bumping to the Platinum or Lariat Ultimate. With the exception of the MC seats, I'd be optioning it with the same equipment as the KR or platinum, which makes me wonder if that wouldn't really be avoiding the problem.

Stopped in my Ford Dealership yesterday, to see if there were any up dates for my F450 KR. Still  showing clean. He did have 16 Platinums get scheduled thursday. Those were also carry overs. Still has around 55 still in the oven including mine. One of the Platinums was ordered Sept 2021. Strange no LTD's  and KR's. Mabe I get lucky and they run a bunch of KR's be for the 2024 start. 

• Like 1

I was told my lariat was scheduled for 9/4 and i have a vin but the order tracker doesnt show a production date (and it shows it was last updated 7/27) anyone know when tracker gets updated? 
btw: lariat ultimate, HO, 8’bed, star white. We removed 5th wheel prep and spray in liner to get scheduled. 

19 minutes ago, Monoman said:

Picked up the truck on Saturday and just got home today (Monday).  I am very impressed with the MPG.  Cruised mostly at 72 MPH for the 1,500 mile trip. 

Granger.thumb.jpg.f6acac9fa84796ecf8da0218ef954b82.jpg

GrangerToHome-Tripmeter.thumb.jpg.8e456fb8c1a79efe412b2b7393dfe16c.jpg

Very nice, is that with the normal output powerstroke? I couldn’t tell from the picture 

15 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

Very nice, is that with the normal output powerstroke? I couldn’t tell from the picture 

Normal.  On a similar drive with a normal output F-250 Lariat Tremor in December I got about 20MPG @ 68MPH.   What a difference gearing, tires, and front spoiler make... I'm not sure if the gearing was different.

Edited by Monoman

Ordered my ‘24 today.  Instead of a Platinum I went with a Lariat Ultimate Tremor.  I need some advice though.  My dealer is new.  Well, they purchased another dealer about 16 months ago.  I don’t think they fully understand the ordering system.  I want to give them some pointers about “priority.”  What’s the skinny on how to get vehicles in the highest priority?

14 minutes ago, CajunCowboy said:

Ordered my ‘24 today.  Instead of a Platinum I went with a Lariat Ultimate Tremor.  I need some advice though.  My dealer is new.  Well, they purchased another dealer about 16 months ago.  I don’t think they fully understand the ordering system.  I want to give them some pointers about “priority.”  What’s the skinny on how to get vehicles in the highest priority?

Great explanation here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FordMaverickTruck/comments/oji7bn/how_ford_builds_are_selected_each_week/

However, since that was posted, dealers can now (I think) use a number between 3 to 19. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NewbRvNomad said:

Great explanation here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FordMaverickTruck/comments/oji7bn/how_ford_builds_are_selected_each_week/

However, since that was posted, dealers can now (I think) use a number between 3 to 19. 

Nope still 10-19.

You need to know where you are in your dealer’s queue and when it’s your turn make sure you are at priority 10 and preferably the rest are higher.  Some dealers are lazy and just make everything the same and let Ford sort it out but that doesn’t always work based on first in first out,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Nope still 10-19.

You need to know where you are in your dealer’s queue and when it’s your turn make sure you are at priority 10 and preferably the rest are higher.  Some dealers are lazy and just make everything the same and let Ford sort it out but that doesn’t always work based on first in first out,

Actually Ford just approved use for priorities 3-9 as well. That happened I think about 3 weeks ago. The Ford Video guy from Long McArthur just confirmed that last week in his video.

• Like 1

@akirby and @ice-capades 

I ordered a 2023 SRW 7.3L F350 Platinum back in November. This would fall under the Kentucky Truck Plant which cuts over to 2024 production at the end of September per the schedule. On Thursday (8/3/23) I understand Ford scheduled the balance of the 2023 model year production thru the week of September 25th.  i.e. scheduled orders/issued the VINs   

So any 2023 order thru the Kentucky Truck Plant not scheduled/issued a VIN, won’t be built. That would cover all F250s, F350s and F450s that aren’t solely the chassis cab. Anything I missed? Ford should be embarrassed about their performance. I'm not sure I can stomach starting over ordering a 2024.    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CajunCowboy said:

You need to follow and watch religiously this YouTube channel. You will be more informed than your salesperson for sure. (https://www.youtube.com/@longmcarthur)  In fact he just discussed priority code changes in his last SuperDuty video. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Nope still 10-19.

It's actually 3-19 now for priority codes... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jarrsong said:

You need to follow and watch religiously this YouTube channel. You will be more informed than your salesperson for sure. (https://www.youtube.com/@longmcarthur)  In fact he just discussed priority code changes in his last SuperDuty video. 

Tim is pretty good but I have had to correct him on a few things here and there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ImmortalJman said:

Actually Ford just approved use for priorities 3-9 as well. That happened I think about 3 weeks ago. The Ford Video guy from Long McArthur just confirmed that last week in his video.

Well that’s new but I don’t think it changes much.  It just allows dealers to space out their retail orders a little more.  The ones that don’t manage their retail orders won’t change.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FordVictim2023 said:

@akirby and @ice-capades 

I ordered a 2023 SRW 7.3L F350 Platinum back in November. This would fall under the Kentucky Truck Plant which cuts over to 2024 production at the end of September per the schedule. On Thursday (8/3/23) I understand Ford scheduled the balance of the 2023 model year production thru the week of September 25th.  i.e. scheduled orders/issued the VINs   

So any 2023 order thru the Kentucky Truck Plant not scheduled/issued a VIN, won’t be built. That would cover all F250s, F350s and F450s that aren’t solely the chassis cab. Anything I missed? Ford should be embarrassed about their performance. I'm not sure I can stomach starting over ordering a 2024.    

Agree. Why do people think ordering a 2024 will be any different than a 2023? Ford is going a different direction than hd trucks. I'm going with a different company. At least they are building trucks-at the moment

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Melmore said:

Agree. Why do people think ordering a 2024 will be any different than a 2023? Ford is going a different direction than hd trucks. I'm going with a different company. At least they are building trucks-at the moment

I think it could change in ‘24.  In my area, the Ford dealership lots are filling up with F150s, up to and including Platinums (or “Platinum-minus”, cause they are still missing options), and discounts are back.  Same with GM, except they fixed almost all of their deletes due to supply chain problems in the latter half of ‘22.  I’d say the trucks are piling up because of interest rates.  So, as enough buyers are pushed to the sidelines, the situation should get better.

In 2024 I'm sure SuperDuty production will change for the better. Economics will be less favorable, interest rates higher and truck prices increasing to higher levels. Less chip shortages and a longer 2024 production cycle. 2023 production cycle is a short one. Removals that were on 2023 are not there on 2024.
And Melmore, your welcome to go to a competitor but none can compare to the SuperDuty. So you'll be getting a second class truck. I owned a 2022 Chevy 3500 and honestly the newer Rams aren't even an option for those that know. You just order, accept the time frame and reep when it's delivered. The most important part is UNDERSTAND the process more clearly than the dealer you are working with on the Order. Don't order an F450 from a downtown inner city Ford dealer without proper allocations for that vehicle.

The rules have changed in the automotive industry and this is the new normal I'm afraid. I don't see a time in the next decade that you'll be able to go to your local Ford dealer and scope ofut100 SuperDuty's for the perfect one like you could in 2019. :-) THere are 15 million vehicles missing in production since 2020 and the pandemic and still today, the number is going up, not down. This is going to take a LONG LONG time to work out the lost production. 

10 hours ago, akirby said:

Well that’s new but I don’t think it changes much.  It just allows dealers to space out their retail orders a little more.  The ones that don’t manage their retail orders won’t change.

I agree, if the dealers aren't using it as designed, it will change nothing. 

6 hours ago, Mags10 said:

I think it could change in ‘24.  In my area, the Ford dealership lots are filling up with F150s, up to and including Platinums (or “Platinum-minus”, cause they are still missing options), and discounts are back.  Same with GM, except they fixed almost all of their deletes due to supply chain problems in the latter half of ‘22.  I’d say the trucks are piling up because of interest rates.  So, as enough buyers are pushed to the sidelines, the situation should get better.

I have a feeling lots are filling up with F150's because of strike fears. I may be wrong but....   When I bought my Chevy 3500 in 2022 it was missing heated seats and rear parking sensors. Even today, the guy that bought the truck from me if fighting with Chevy to get it done over a year later. Make me wonder if Ford decided "removal" was easier than refurbing later. 

5 hours ago, jarrsong said:

I have a feeling lots are filling up with F150's because of strike fears. I may be wrong but....   When I bought my Chevy 3500 in 2022 it was missing heated seats and rear parking sensors. Even today, the guy that bought the truck from me if fighting with Chevy to get it done over a year later. Make me wonder if Ford decided "removal" was easier than refurbing later. 

That's exactly what Ford decided. It also saves lots of money. Like I've said before. It's a business decision that they made but I don't have to accept it. That's why I wasn't got to take delivery of my 23 if it was missing a trim level feature. Fortunately, mine never got built, thus avoiding that, and now I have a 24 order in.

• Like 1

Perhaps the best advise is to get the Super Duty trim, packages you want and stick to it.  My gut tells me you won't be able to get a SD as we know it within 7 years.  The  gas/diesel SD, HDs will probably roll of the assembly line like the Hemi Chargers with a "Final Call" type plaque under the hood.

19 hours ago, jarrsong said:

In 2024 I'm sure SuperDuty production will change for the better. Economics will be less favorable, interest rates higher and truck prices increasing to higher levels. Less chip shortages and a longer 2024 production cycle. 2023 production cycle is a short one. Removals that were on 2023 are not there on 2024.
And Melmore, your welcome to go to a competitor but none can compare to the SuperDuty. So you'll be getting a second class truck. I owned a 2022 Chevy 3500 and honestly the newer Rams aren't even an option for those that know. You just order, accept the time frame and reep when it's delivered. The most important part is UNDERSTAND the process more clearly than the dealer you are working with on the Order. Don't order an F450 from a downtown inner city Ford dealer without proper allocations for that vehicle.

The rules have changed in the automotive industry and this is the new normal I'm afraid. I don't see a time in the next decade that you'll be able to go to your local Ford dealer and scope ofut100 SuperDuty's for the perfect one like you could in 2019. ? THere are 15 million vehicles missing in production since 2020 and the pandemic and still today, the number is going up, not down. This is going to take a LONG LONG time to work out the lost production. 

I had Chevy till 2008 when Obama took over and I couldn't find one. I always liked mine. That's when I switched to Ford. Now the roles are reversed. Seems like GM is able to make trucks where Ford is going in a different direction. I think the GM will be fine. Now quite as heavy but more refined. Time will tell

Edited by Melmore