CD3 interior components held back...

ZanatWork

Yeah. An American company, with Mexican workers in a Mexican supplier park.

Like I said, Serves them right. You can't tell me this would happen if the Fusion would have been at Atlanta or Wixom. They would never have done it.

Brilliant!

The American run C&A is withholding parts over a payment dispute. Monkeys.

Is anyone else getting extremely tired of this old tired "they are built in Mexico so Ford deserves to go under" BS ................ that has to show up in EVERY SINGLE FUSION, MILAN, AND ZEPHYR/MKZ thread that is on this board.

We get it............. your pissed. Oh............. your pissed you say................. nahhhhh, we would have never guessed !!!!

Please, spare us this inane discussion yet again............... please.................. pretty please................... pretty please with a UAW worker on top..................

However, I guess I get it............... the nerve of Ford............... wanting to actually make a bit more profit on a product. You know, since they seem to be swimming in money these days (yes, this is known as sarcasm).

Funny, Pioneer, all I see is a work stoppage leading to delayed product for my favorite carmaker.

You can tell me-without your usual wriggling, please-that the needed margin would have been protected at Wixom, and the quality wouldn't have slipped?

For certain?

I kinda doubt it.

However, you're going to whine about this until either it end, you die, or get bought out...never mind, you'll still whine like a dying bearing.

A strike, and a supplier not delivering parts is two different things.

Like I said, if the Mexicars were being built at Wixom, with the supplier park near Dearborn, this would have never happened.

*cough*

C&A will always be a risky supplier thanks to their finances, genius, lots of issues on THEIR part from the start (funny how all of a sudden C&A is the only supplier now that matters). I guess you already forgot about the problems Ford had with the D3's due to supplier issues as well. So much for your "bububu would never happen at a UAW plant"

Tell us again how wonderful it is for Detroit to be at a $1.5k disadvantage against the competition, thanks to the UAW and their leechy ways? I guess we forgot why Detroit's moving production out of the US to Canada and Mexico in the first place.

"Bububu management/third world country/wages"?

Sorry, wrong answer.

Edited by pcsario

Funny, Pioneer, all I see is a work stoppage leading to delayed product for my favorite carmaker.

You can tell me-without your usual wriggling, please-that the needed margin would have been protected at Wixom, and the quality wouldn't have slipped?

For certain?

I kinda doubt it.

However, you're going to whine about this until either it end, you die, or get bought out...never mind, you'll still whine like a dying bearing.

In a nutshell- "yes"- Wixom would have beat Hermilsilo. The quality at Wixom is stellar- every year they have won quality awards. The higher labor costs would have been offset by savings in shipping costs. hermilsilo cannot keep up with demand- this is after a $1 billion investment compared to a $300 million investment at either Wixom or Atlanta. The inability of Hermilsilo not to keep up with demand will cost Ford. Fusion is a good car, but it is right smack in the middle of the most competitive segment of the market. While people may want a Fusion, they will not wait- there are just too many other good competitors out there.

Yeah. An American company, with Mexican workers in a Mexican supplier park.

Like I said, Serves them right. You can't tell me this would happen if the Fusion would have been at Atlanta or Wixom. They would never have done it.

Brilliant!

Better to have it in America than Europe or Asia.

"A bankruptcy court judge later ordered the supplier to build an inventory bank to make sure it had enough parts on hand to prevent future disruptions.

The two sides have yet to reach an agreement on how to accomplish the parts stockpile, said David Youngman, C&A's vice president of communications."

Just in time delivery is stupid to say the least.

In a nutshell- "yes"- Wixom would have beat Hermilsilo. The quality at Wixom is stellar- every year they have won quality awards. The higher labor costs would have been offset by savings in shipping costs. hermilsilo cannot keep up with demand- this is after a $1 billion investment compared to a $300 million investment at either Wixom or Atlanta. The inability of Hermilsilo not to keep up with demand will cost Ford. Fusion is a good car, but it is right smack in the middle of the most competitive segment of the market. While people may want a Fusion, they will not wait- there are just too many other good competitors out there.

Well said! Funny that Mazda can build the CD3's progenitor in Michigan but Ford's B-school geniuses can't manage to do the same. Maybe when managment is offshored, the myopic planners will realize they should have fought harder to keep jobs in the U.S.A. Meanwhile, Ford's commitment to cost cutting exceeds its commitment to its American workforce.

All of this shortsightedness just plays into the hands of the Japanese, who are about 90% of the way toward convincing Americans that their "transplant" products are more "American" than Ford's. Toyota assembles Camrys in America hand-over-fist while Ford kills Atlanta and its Number two selling car of all time. Not much about Ford to be proud of anymore.

"A bankruptcy court judge later ordered the supplier to build an inventory bank to make sure it had enough parts on hand to prevent future disruptions.

The two sides have yet to reach an agreement on how to accomplish the parts stockpile, said David Youngman, C&A's vice president of communications."

Just in time delivery is stupid to say the least.

JIT is done because of Tax reasons. You get taxed on stockpiles of items. Why get taxed on unsold items. Its also supposed to make you more efficient.

Well said! Funny that Mazda can build the CD3's progenitor in Michigan but Ford's B-school geniuses can't manage to do the same.

The M6 sells less then 100K units a year...the CD trio does 3x that :rolleyes:

And the whining continues...and continues...when will the bearing just sieze, and be silent?

All of this shortsightedness just plays into the hands of the Japanese, who are about 90% of the way toward convincing Americans that their "transplant" products are more "American" than Ford's. Toyota assembles Camrys in America hand-over-fist while Ford kills Atlanta and its Number two selling car of all time. Not much about Ford to be proud of anymore.

Maybe next year the UAW will be sent to hell, and Ford will have matching labor rates in country...I know, it's a horrible thought to some.

As for the Taurus-it died, in retail anyway, a decade past and has been a jobs program since. If you want to mourn the Taurus, mourn the '95 and older.

Well said! Funny that Mazda can build the CD3's progenitor in Michigan but Ford's B-school geniuses can't manage to do the same. Maybe when managment is offshored, the myopic planners will realize they should have fought harder to keep jobs in the U.S.A. Meanwhile, Ford's commitment to cost cutting exceeds its commitment to its American workforce.

GM can build G6s, Malibus, Auras, Cobalts; Chrsyler can build Sebrings, Avengers, and Calibers; and Toyota can build Corollas in this country wiht UNIONIZED labor at a profit. In all this, people are far too willing to blame everyone but Ford management for the problems. Ford is helping to destroy the very market that supports their vehichles.

Yeah, I know, people like Pioneer and dr511scj that love to play dumb when it comes to Detroit's real cancer.

Don't blame the union, after all what were they supposed to do- not get the best package of wages and benfits for themselves? If there was issues with the union and the bearing on competiveness, Ford needed to address those issues in 2003 at the bargaining table. They did not. In the final analysis, upper management at any company is responsible for what goes wrong with that company- whether it be product, labor relations, or financial decisions.

I have also noticed Pioneer is exceptionally good at playing dumb. (although not in Zanatworks league) :happy feet:

Damn, that whole Murano thing still has you "less than fresh", Ostrich boy? Try a thicker pad.

I'm really sorry you're so dumb, and so often. however, I'd appreciate it if you'd just accept that it's your problem, and not this board's.