2024 Nautilus Hybrid CVT

LHB

I have been doing some internet research about CVT transmissions .... very interesting stuff in general but I have not been able to find anything on which type of CVT Lincoln is using in the 2024 Nautilus Hybrid drive trane .. anyone out here have some specifics?

…And, will it have a 12vdc system as well as the high voltage circuit or will it all work off the high voltage battery system?

and what will the maintenance and warranty coverage be on the hybrid system?

Edited by LHB
More questions

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

So, it's not a Focus?

If you mean the focus tranny that was a DCT (dual clutch transmission) which is really 2 x 3 speed manual gearboxes mated together with electronic clutches.

This a an electric CVT also called a power split.

• 4 weeks later...
  • ice-capades changed the title to 2024 Nautilus Hybrid CVT
17 minutes ago, RedHoncho01 said:

I currently drive a Corsair Grand Touring.  It has the eCVT in it.  I'm quite impressed with everything about it.  This is technology Ford licensed from Toyota.  I would expect they would continue to use this until Ford can develop something in house.

Umm, no.  Ford didn't use Toyota's technology.

Early on, Ford did work with Toyota.  But they eventually had different methodologies and went their separate directions.  There is nothing in Ford's hybrids that was licensed from Toyota.

2 hours ago, 92merc said:

Umm, no.  Ford didn't use Toyota's technology.

Early on, Ford did work with Toyota.  But they eventually had different methodologies and went their separate directions.  There is nothing in Ford's hybrids that was licensed from Toyota.

Actually Ford swapped licensing with Toyota.  Ford’s hybrid software was written in house but was similar to Toyota’s software and Toyota wanted to license something from F150 so they just swapped licensing rights.

• Like 1

I think Ford had the first parallel planetary system. Toyota was all in line until the latest version. Ford licensed some portion from Toyota, likely because Toyota patented something pretty broad about the system. its like how everyone is still paying Motorola for cell phone patents.