Oil change

Puma55

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2023 at 9:11 AM, Puma55 said:

New to the forum, just recently purchased a new 2023 F-250 7.3 Godzilla, just wandering if anyone new how many miles should I go before changing the break in oil, thanks

I'd go with the recommendation in your Owners Manual. There' are free digital manuals available here:

https://www.ford.com/support/owner-manuals/

Much more convenient than the booklet ones.

They have manuals for most all Ford products going back ten years or more

Edited by Chrisgb
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It still amazes me that the thought of counting the savings of single dollar bills for extending a cheap and superficial oil change on a 100k truck is a thing. 
I guess there is a detachment on a leased vehicle,, but as an owner, IMO, it’s part of being clean, healthy and proactive.

Edited by George C

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2023 at 7:11 AM, Puma55 said:

New to the forum, just recently purchased a new 2023 F-250 7.3 Godzilla, just wandering if anyone new how many miles should I go before changing the break in oil, thanks

When the truck tells you to do it.

• 4 weeks later...

I change first 1000 miles and every 5k after.  I’m diesel but doesn’t matter either way or not to me.  Fuel filters every 10k and with this worthless air intake Ford went with, new air filter once a week.  Farm truck, it lives in dust

Mobil 1 full synthetic every 5,000 mi.  I do it myself, gets me under the truck to look around to see if everything looks normal.

The last time I thought finally it was going to be a clean oil change. All went well until I was measuring the final 3 quarts. Funnel slipped, oil spilled on the workbench. Small price to pay instead of having some kid that doesn't give a crap working on my truck.