Stellantis/FCA Sales Q4/2023

rmc523

image.thumb.png.6c241746e18b2090d343e071a60566a2.png

Do they just keep a warehouse of random old "new" cars?  I have no idea how they keep finding new Darts, 200s, Caravans, Town & Countries, and Patriots many many years after they've stopped production.

• Like 3

Jeep's sales have really fallen off a cliff the last several years.  They sold almost a million in the US a few years back...now down to 642K.  I think that was a couple years before Bronco and Bronco Sport were released, and that was back before the Gladiator and Wagoneer were added to the lineup.  Either Ford is eating their lunch with the Bronco/BS, or they're becoming so ubiquitous on the road that people are intentionally choosing a different brand to avoid driving the same vehicle as their neighbor/co-worker.

FCA and now Stellantis would have been far better served investing in Dodge and Chrysler instead of dumping money into Fiat and Alfa for the US market.  All these years later, they are not even close to approaching the sales of even a zombie brand with essentially one model like Chrysler.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2024 at 8:19 PM, rmc523 said:

image.thumb.png.6c241746e18b2090d343e071a60566a2.png

Do they just keep a warehouse of random old "new" cars?  I have no idea how they keep finding new Darts, 200s, Caravans, Town & Countries, and Patriots many many years after they've stopped production.

And 3 out of the 4 Fiats are discontinued and they're still selling them.

4 hours ago, atomcat68 said:

I personally am not a fan of the current Jeep styling, with the exception of the Wrangler.  Perhaps that’s a contributing factor. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 9:33 PM, mustang84isu said:

Jeep's sales have really fallen off a cliff the last several years.  They sold almost a million in the US a few years back...now down to 642K.  I think that was a couple years before Bronco and Bronco Sport were released, and that was back before the Gladiator and Wagoneer were added to the lineup.  Either Ford is eating their lunch with the Bronco/BS, or they're becoming so ubiquitous on the road that people are intentionally choosing a different brand to avoid driving the same vehicle as their neighbor/co-worker.

FCA and now Stellantis would have been far better served investing in Dodge and Chrysler instead of dumping money into Fiat and Alfa for the US market.  All these years later, they are not even close to approaching the sales of even a zombie brand with essentially one model like Chrysler.

Some feel the decline in Jeep sales is due to the escalation in prices. Who wants to buy a $50,000 vehicle to beat it up off road? Not as many as before-it seems.

2 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

Some feel the decline in Jeep sales is due to the escalation in prices. Who wants to buy a $50,000 vehicle to beat it up off road? Not as many as before-it seems.

Price is certainly a factor on most everything nowadays. Late in 2022, we were considering getting a Bronco Wildtrak, but didn’t pull the trigger at that time. Its sticker was around $60,000.  Now we are no longer considering buying a Bronco as a primary driver, because we just aren’t seeing the value anymore.  That same Wildtrak is now $68,335.  That $8k isn’t getting you anything more. There are a lot of good options out there for $70k. If we ever get a Bronco now it will likely be a cheaper used model or perhaps new lower end model, and it will be used as a 3rd vehicle. 

Edited by tbone
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 9:33 PM, mustang84isu said:

Jeep's sales have really fallen off a cliff the last several years.  They sold almost a million in the US a few years back...now down to 642K.  I think that was a couple years before Bronco and Bronco Sport were released, and that was back before the Gladiator and Wagoneer were added to the lineup.  Either Ford is eating their lunch with the Bronco/BS, or they're becoming so ubiquitous on the road that people are intentionally choosing a different brand to avoid driving the same vehicle as their neighbor/co-workers 

Yeah, living in Utah, the off-roading and Jeep capital of the country, I can safely say we're starting to see more new broncos and bronco sports than wranglers here. You see broncos everywhere you look, I almost never see a new wrangler anymore, which is crazy to think about. 

On 1/7/2024 at 5:47 AM, twintornados said:

Fixed.....

Yeah, the wrangler looks pretty repulsive imo. FCA is one of those brands that has bad design that I see a lot of their owners defending because it's "retro" so that automatically means it has to be good. Case in point, the challenger and wrangler. 

The wrangler has that pinches and squished grille, the awkward headlight, the narrow hole but massive plastic fender flares that look like a tractor. Just not appealing imo. The the challenger has the proportions of a wannabe truck from the side and rear. The c-pillar is too far forward, and the decklid is too high, it looks ungainly to me. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tbone said:

Price is certainly a factor on most everything nowadays. Late in 2022, we were considering getting a Bronco Wildtrak, but didn’t pull the trigger at that time. Its sticker was around $60,000.  Now we are no longer considering buying a Bronco as a primary driver, because we just aren’t seeing the value anymore.  That same Wildtrak is now $68,335.  That $8k isn’t getting you anything more. There are a lot of good options out there for $70k. If we ever get a Bronco now it will likely be a cheaper used model or perhaps new lower end model, and it will be used as a 3rd vehicle. 

Yeah, I wouldn't have been able to afford the Wildtrak if I was buying one now - it's pretty crazy how the prices have increased....

That said, Wrangler just got a refresh, and Gladiator's is just coming out too.

And Cherokee and Renegade are going away, IIRC.  Some of the other declines may also be attributed to the strike.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't have been able to afford the Wildtrak if I was buying one now - it's pretty crazy how the prices have increased....

The Bronco prices have really gotten out of hand, but people are paying them so who am I to say. It just won’t be me paying those prices. There was a 21 Wildtrak on BaT with 20k miles that sold for $46k, so there are deals to be had out there. 

On 1/6/2024 at 8:47 PM, atomcat68 said:

Reminds me of an old record player tone arm that just keeps weaving back and forth in the end groove.