2025 Explorer tomorrow

17 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

I've generally found that as people get older, and sometimes wiser, they generally want things to stick to what they know. 

Oh trust me I know all about that with my day job, people generally hate change for changes sake. The IT industry is infamous for that. Just look at how Office has evolved over the years...there was a huge uproar when it went to its ribbon style interface years back. 

39 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Oh trust me I know all about that with my day job, people generally hate change for changes sake. The IT industry is infamous for that. Just look at how Office has evolved over the years...there was a huge uproar when it went to its ribbon style interface years back. 

I used to work in IT before switching to my current job so I understand where you coming from.  I personally don’t mind change, but like many, I don’t like change for change’s sake.  We recently upgraded to Windows 11, and the start button moved to the center of the screen from the left side, more like an Apple product.   That small change drummed up a lot of debate lol, but to me that is a change for change’s sake.  If I wanted an Apple interface, I would buy an Apple.

Fortunately for most, you could change it back to the traditional view, with Click, but if you are coming from the Apple ecosystem perhaps you would like that.  

12 minutes ago, tbone said:

I used to work in IT before switching to my current job so I understand where you coming from.  I personally don’t mind change, but like many, I don’t like change for change’s sake.  We recently upgraded to Windows 11, and the start button moved to the center of the screen from the left side, more like an Apple product.   That small change drummed up a lot of debate lol, but to me that is a change for change’s sake.  If I wanted an Apple interface, I would buy an Apple.

Actually its for better integration with a tablet style computer. Your less likely to fat finger the start menu if it's in the center since you'll most likely be holding it with your left hand if your right handed.

1 hour ago, tbone said:

Just recently upgraded to Windows 11 and you're bothered with the Start button location? FYI... starting to hear reports that Microsoft is expected to start Beta testing Windows 12 later this year (< 6 months) through the Windows Insider program. 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Actually its for better integration with a tablet style computer. Your less likely to fat finger the start menu if it's in the center since you'll most likely be holding it with your left hand if your right handed.

Understood, but in our capacity, we use them on desktops with multiple screens, so that is a non factor in our.  

14 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Just recently upgraded to Windows 11 and you're bothered with the Start button location? FYI... starting to hear reports that Microsoft is expected to start Beta testing Windows 12 later this year (< 6 months) through the Windows Insider program. 

My organization is very deliberate when moving to a new version for necessary purposes. I don’t expect to see Windows 12 on my machines anytime soon.   I’ll probably be retired before that happens. 

And I like what I like.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

The important thing is to try to create change, not just for the sake of change. But to think of changes that could genuinely improve a product, and make someone's life better. Tying that back into Ford's vehicles, and the explorer, their updated inferences have the potential to do that. So while on the surface, these new changes might throw some people off. But once they start interacting with the vehicle, I think they'll learn to love it.

3 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

The important thing is to try to create change, not just for the sake of change. But to think of changes that could genuinely improve a product, and make someone's life better. Tying that back into Ford's vehicles, and the explorer, their updated inferences have the potential to do that. So while on the surface, these new changes might throw some people off. But once they start interacting with the vehicle, I think they'll learn to love it.

There is one important exception - when you’re trying to attract repeat buyers.  People usually dont want to buy the exact same vehicle again.

• Like 1

I watched an overview of the 25 ST by a YouTube dude, and his thoughts were virtually identical to mine.  Ironically, at the end of the video, he had a pic of a current ST with the plastic trim painted.  As I had mentioned I think this should be standard on the Platinum, and optional on the ST.  I think it looks really clean, and more upscale.    

IMG_3527.png

On 2/2/2024 at 6:26 PM, tbone said:

I’ve been absorbing this refresh for a while now, and as a current ST owner, I just don’t know what to think. First Ford jacked up my new car purchase rotation by delaying this refresh over a year, but that’s another story.  

The interior updates are great, but much to my chagrin, and many others, they eliminated the physical buttons for basic functions.  We used these controls enough that it’s annoying, and I just don’t like the feel of touchscreens for these functions.  It’s not just set it and forget it in our car, even though it automated climate control.  

The rear of the Explorer is a major improvement.  That was probably my least favorite thing about the prior model, as it was very bland looking.  

Now as for the front end, I personally loved the prior models arrangement, contrary to some on here, and I’m just not sure what to think of the new grill.  I thought the outgoing grill blended nicely with the lines of the rest of the vehicle. This new grill looks blobby and I feel it doesn’t blend with the rest of the lines well based on the pics.  I’ll have to reserve judgement until I see it in person.  

It is disappointing there were no powertrain changes but not surprising really.  I just don’t know why they don’t add 15 to 20 hp on these refreshes, when it is pretty easy for them to do, so they can use it as a marketing tool.  

I was really hoping for MagneRide suspension on the ST, at least as an option. I think that would have been an excellent upgrade to the ST.  

I despise the the wheels on the ST.  They look like something you would find on an XLT, instead of a performance vehicle.  On top of it, I did the build and price on the ST and it is only showing Magnatite-Painted Aluminum Wheels, whereas the literature shows black.  This must be an oversight as they certainly will need black for this model.  With these ugly wheels, they need to have a wheel option with a style more consistent with the current model.  

I like the painted roof option but it’s pricey.

I also think the molding on the platinum model needs to be painted body color to be consistent with a more upscale vehicle.  

Ultimately, I really need to see this vehicle in person to get a better idea how I feel about it.

I agree, I think the new ST wheels look terrible.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 1:27 AM, tbone said:

I watched an overview of the 25 ST by a YouTube dude, and his thoughts were virtually identical to mine.  Ironically, at the end of the video, he had a pic of a current ST with the plastic trim painted.  As I had mentioned I think this should be standard on the Platinum, and optional on the ST.  I think it looks really clean, and more upscale.    

IMG_3527.png

That looks fantastic.  Agree should be standard on Platinum and optional on ST.

• Like 2