Cybertrucks Rusting???

mackinaw

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

It says a lot about Tesla's product development that after years of delays, the CyberTruck finally goes into production and they're just now discovering that there's a "rust" issue just after rain and other environmental exposure. 

I would bet a lot of money that the engineers knew about it but Musk said damn the torpedoes full speed ahead.

• Like 3

Obviously, there are different grades of stainless steel. Most of the stainless steels that I’ve been around never seem to be completely “stainless” or 100% rust free. I’m guessing these were not the highest quality stainless steel. it seems to me that these trucks would require a lot of exterior maintenance to maintain a clean looking vehicle.

On 2/16/2024 at 5:37 AM, ice-capades said:

It says a lot about Tesla's product development that after years of delays, the CyberTruck finally goes into production and they're just now discovering that there's a "rust" issue just after rain and other environmental exposure. 

Didn't Deloreans also have issues with rust and other imperfections when it came to their stainless steel bodies? You would think Tesla would look at the one other car in existence made from the same material, and learn from their mistakes, but I guess not. 

1 hour ago, 92merc said:

It's ironic that Tesla can be an innovator with it's build processes, and yet totally fail at overall product quality.

I still blame Musk for this one.  I think the engineers were given an impossible task.

• 2 months later...