Dealers Will Get $15K For Every 2025 Ford Mustang GTD Sale

Dealers Will Get $15K For Every 2025 Ford Mustang GTD Sale

https://fordauthority.com/2024/04/dealers-will-get-15k-for-every-2025-ford-mustang-gtd-sale/

FordAuthority.com_2024-04-10_2024 Mustang GTD_Front.jpg

The 2025 Ford Mustang GTD debuted back in August 2023 as the most hardcore pony car ever conceived, a machine that is quite literally a race car for the street – as well as one that, in many ways, is more serious than its track-only counterpart, the GT3. Thus far, The Blue Oval has faced tremendous demand for the 2025 Ford Mustang GTD, which may prompt it to extend the planned 2,000-unit production run of that ultimate model, as Ford Authority reported last October. As Ford Authority exclusively reported last month, applications for the 2025 Ford Mustang GTD are slated to open up in Q2, and when they do, it seems as if dealers can make a tidy bonus for selling them as well, according to a bulletin recently seen by CarsDirect.

FordAuthority.com_2024-04-10_2024 Mustang GTD_Side View.jpg

Interestingly, Ford has done away with invoice pricing for the Mustang GTD, and will instead invoice the new pony car at MSRP. This means that dealers “will receive a flat payment of $15,000 upon successful delivery,” according to the memo, which could be a way to deter markups on the $300k machine. Regardless, dealers are still free to set their own prices, which means that markups are still likely to happen.

Regardless, the 2025 Ford Mustang GTD will also come with a special concierge service that’s designed to “create a convenient, seamless, and customized experience for both customers and dealerships,” according to the memo, which “is in place to assist the dealer in providing the specialized attention that customers expect.”

FordAuthority.com_2024-04-10_2024 Mustang GTD_Rear Quarter.jpg

This makes sense given the GTD’s sky-high price tag, coupled with the fact that it’s slated to become the fastest road-going pony car ever built. Ford plans to lap the legendary Nürburgring in less than seven minutes with the new GTD, a goal that seems achievable given its extensive use of carbon fiber and aero tricks, coupled with the 800 horsepower output from its special supercharged 5.2L V8, a near 50:50 weight distribution, and a host of suspension upgrades including a short-long arm front setup, an integral link pushrod and rocker arm rear suspension, and inboard Adaptive Spool Valve shock absorbers and coil springs.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

If, repeat if, this information is accurate, I'd have trouble believing that any Dealer having a 2025 Mustang GTD available wouldn't use an ADM to increase their dealership's profit on such a specialty vehicle. My dealership had a new Ford GT years ago it did not sell until the right customer was willing to pay a price well above the MSRP. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I still think the GTD looks ridiculous and is still "just" a Mustang.

For the price, there are several other options I'd consider before it.

It was built strictly to be fast on the track and if the rumors are true there is no other $300k car that will beat it including Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini.  Styling and suitability as a daily driver were not a factor.

talk about a car with presence...15k?....wild guess...there WILL be addendums if 15k is what Ford thinks is adequatre compoensation for basically a 300k investment...I would presume the Dealer has to floor the vehicle as well, that would eat up at 15k in no time...Ford pulled the same shennagins with the GT, althoiugh if I remember correctly on the $250k the delivery fee was 3k per unit, but the Dealer had to pay for a GT exclusive service bay, I think dust free was a requirement...( seem to recall that cost was 75 -80k )

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

talk about a car with presence...15k?....wild guess...there WILL be addendums if 15k is what Ford thinks is adequatre compoensation for basically a 300k investment...I would presume the Dealer has to floor the vehicle as well, that would eat up at 15k in no time...Ford pulled the same shennagins with the GT, althoiugh if I remember correctly on the $250k the delivery fee was 3k per unit, but the Dealer had to pay for a GT exclusive service bay, I think dust free was a requirement...( seem to recall that cost was 75 -80k )

No investment - they’re all presold by invitation only.  And of course there will be markups just done a little different.

6 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I view the GTD as the charger Daytona or 1970 barracuda of our time. Maybe the boss 429 as well. It's the pinnacle ICE muscle car of that era. Mark my words, 50 years from now, people will wish they had bought a GTD back when they were "only" 300k.

This is just a theory I have, but I feel as though the GTD was created so ford could keep a supercar in their lineup without having to immediately develop a new mid-engine platform. The GTD feels like a blend of a mustang and '05 Ford GT to me, in the sense that it's a V8 powered Ford supercar. 

17 hours ago, akirby said:

No investment - they’re all presold by invitation only.  And of course there will be markups just done a little different.

grey area....there were some Dealers, not sure how, that recieved GTs under the same "invitation" only premise ( false name maybe, maybe buyer fell through, I have no idea ) that had showroom cars already registered ( no miles, same as a lot of Ferrari dealers were doing  ) that were being sold for HUGE $$$...where theres a will theres a way as its said...15k on a car like the GTD....pffffffffffft......Ford obviously, by charging what they are for the GTD, think the car is pretty special ( and I think it is )  but not special enough to compensate the dealers what I would consider an appropriate amount for the "privilidge"...and then they get pissed at Dealers adding addendums ( and to this day I think that may be potentially be  the core reason for the HUGE price increases across the entire lineup over the last couple of years ) ..vicious circle....and I can semi understand it from both sides...

On 4/10/2024 at 1:13 PM, rmc523 said:

Agreed. This car just does not appeal to me.  I like Mustangs, but not at this price tag.  Maybe it’s just me being an old timer, because my son likes it.  

I just don’t look at this car and think wow. I have to have that.  Even though it may be badass on the road/track It just doesn’t raise any passion in me.  If I were to pay a price like that I would also need to love the way the car looks.    

8 minutes ago, tbone said:

Agreed. This car just does not appeal to me.  I like Mustangs, but not at this price tag.  Maybe it’s just me being an old timer, because my son likes it.  

I just don’t look at this car and think wow. I have to have that.  Even though it may be badass on the road/track It just doesn’t raise any passion in me.  If I were to pay a price like that I would also need to love the way the car looks.    

I personally love the way it looks, it's sexy as hell. The wing is a little too big, but it serves a purpose. Is 300k a lot of money? Of course, but relative to the level of performance this car offers, it's a bargain. Keep in mind this thing is literally going to be beating million dollar exotics for a third the price, that's not just speculation either. Ford says it can run the run in well under 7 mins, that puts it above the 918 and p1. I'm willing to bet this car will beat the Ford gt around most tracks as well, given it's massive areo and power advantage. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

I personally love the way it looks, it's sexy as hell. The wing is a little too big, but it serves a purpose. Is 300k a lot of money? Of course, but relative to the level of performance this car offers, it's a bargain. Keep in mind this thing is literally going to be beating million dollar exotics for a third the price, that's not just speculation either. Ford says it can run the run in well under 7 mins, that puts it above the 918 and p1. I'm willing to bet this car will beat the Ford gt around most tracks as well, given it's massive areo and power advantage. 

I think folks are severely underestimating the performance of this thing.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, akirby said:

I think folks are severely underestimating the performance of this thing.

I saw a comment on a video of someone saying a hellcat has 700 hp for 70 grand and this thing only had 100 HP more for more than four times the price. I wanted to punch something. People genuinely don't understand just how much work went into this car. Shelby mustangs are neat, but this is several rungs above something like a gt500. 

It's everything, major chassis improvements, massive areo gains, including active areo, light weighting, larger brakes and tires. Then there's the power, if they're saying over 800, I'm willing to be it's well over 800, not just 801, but 830, 850, something like that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

i understand where you are coming from, that this vehicle will have top of the line performance, and I don’t doubt that, but it just doesn’t appeal to me otherwise.  As you have pointed out, the garish wing doesn’t help matters, but it has its purpose. I might like the car more if it didn’t have that.  

6 hours ago, tbone said:

i understand where you are coming from, that this vehicle will have top of the line performance, and I don’t doubt that, but it just doesn’t appeal to me otherwise.  As you have pointed out, the garish wing doesn’t help matters, but it has its purpose. I might like the car more if it didn’t have that.  

But that’s just it - if you’re not interested in lap times on a track then this isn’t the car for you anyway.  It’s not a daily driver.  Think of it more like the cobra jet mustang drag cars.  Or a 911 GT3 RS.  You have to make huge compromises to maximize track performance.  Everything on it is about maximizing performance not appearance.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Deanh said:

grey area....there were some Dealers, not sure how, that recieved GTs under the same "invitation" only premise ( false name maybe, maybe buyer fell through, I have no idea ) that had showroom cars already registered ( no miles, same as a lot of Ferrari dealers were doing  ) that were being sold for HUGE $$$...where theres a will theres a way as its said...15k on a car like the GTD....pffffffffffft......Ford obviously, by charging what they are for the GTD, think the car is pretty special ( and I think it is )  but not special enough to compensate the dealers what I would consider an appropriate amount for the "privilidge"...and then they get pissed at Dealers adding addendums ( and to this day I think that may be potentially be  the core reason for the HUGE price increases across the entire lineup over the last couple of years ) ..vicious circle....and I can semi understand it from both sides...

Maybe I'm missing something here, and if so, clue me in.  But, if the cars are already sold by invitation only, why does the dealer deserver more than 5% of the cost of this thing for the privilege of selling it?  I'm sure the customer gets to pick the dealer they want to deliver it, correct?  I mean, how much work does the dealer put in? Something like this, I would imagine the PDI is minimal since it's likely already done.  What does the dealer do to "earn" that $15k and why do they deserve more?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

Maybe I'm missing something here, and if so, clue me in.  But, if the cars are already sold by invitation only, why does the dealer deserver more than 5% of the cost of this thing for the privilege of selling it?  I'm sure the customer gets to pick the dealer they want to deliver it, correct?  I mean, how much work does the dealer put in? Something like this, I would imagine the PDI is minimal since it's likely already done.  What does the dealer do to "earn" that $15k and why do they deserve more?

valid point, and perhaps Im somewhat bias after experiencing how Corporate has a tendency to treat their Dealer base...but keep in mind the ever decreasing profit margins on Fords mainstream products...ie Mavericks fro example...and then VOILA, a car arrives the dealer can finally make some serious profit on and they get kneecapped....this is the very reason Addendums came about, Dealerships are a business , and NOT exactly the most proftable ones at that, somewhat forced upon them by Corporate, and quite honestly I dont think Corporate cares about that much, they are just a usefull entity to assist push their  product, and more importantly act as a buffer between Consumers and them when theres issues. If there WAS an acceptable ( again this may be my own bias shining through ) profit margin in vehicles ( say 10 - 20 % between invoice and MSRP ) then perhaps this addendum issue wouldnt raise its head so much.  Ive just read Ford is about to flood dealers with F150s and Rangers to help meet THEIR goals. Rememeber Ford makes their $ full stop at the wholesale level, but flooding the market ?..going to be interesting....read Dealers having to whore inventory out OR deal with large flooring overheads...

5 hours ago, akirby said:

But that’s just it - if you’re not interested in lap times on a track then this isn’t the car for you anyway.  It’s not a daily driver.  Think of it more like the cobra jet mustang drag cars.  Or a 911 GT3 RS.  You have to make huge compromises to maximize track performance.  Everything on it is about maximizing performance not appearance.

truly want to see some track times of this vehcile to see if it lives up to Farleys chest bumping...

• Like 1