Are you sure you want an 08?

KYSkipper

December 17 2003 Purchased truck from Paul Steely Ford. The truck was originally shipped to Ramey Ford in Johnson City, Tennessee and was found on the Ford computer system’s vehicle locator. Steely’s Ford did a dealer trade to get it. I went with Paul to pick it up in Johnson City and drive it back to Williamsburg. It had something like 14 miles on it when I left Ramey’s in Johnson City. It was a new vehicle not used.

Chronology of Problems with truck

8-30-2004

Headed to my grandfather’s funeral in London, Kentucky on I-75. As I began to accelerate off of the Exit 25 Northbound ramp the engine began detonated twice. I considered parking it then, but I only had an hour to get to the funeral home where I’d been given paul bearer duties. The entire trip to London the truck bucked, refused to run at interstate speeds and several times the engine quit but was started back by the transmission as it rolled down the road. I took it to Paul Steely Ford that evening for repairs. They replaced the DPFE sensor and VGT Control. See RO 11248

I picked up truck about 10 days after that and it had a nagging lope in the engine. Running at speed it did not run smoothly. It also had an extreme loss of power compared to what it had originally. I returned the truck to Steely Ford the next week and they reflashed the computer. I do not have a ticket on this trip from the garage.

When I picked up truck again and the lope was less noticeable but the engine had lost power. On hills that it previously pulled in 3rd gear, I would now have to downshift to 2nd and at times 1st. I figured that I would drive the truck for a while and hope that whatever was wrong with it would go ahead and break so it would be easier to find. By December it had gotten extremely poor in it’s performance and I scheduled an appointment to have it worked on again. On Jan 18th the truck was put into the shop. Service technician test drove and observed the low power condition and the constant surging. This time the EBP and EGR valve were replaced as both were clogged with carbon. See RO 11732

Feb 22, 2005

Experienced problems with fuel filter and pump system on the bottom frame rail. Truck would not start and had to be towed to the dealership. Pump Water separator housing replaced. RO 11896

Picked up truck and it ran fair for a few weeks although not as good as it had prior to the initial problem then went back to the same low power condition. I continued to drive it hoping it would either straighten out or break and make the problem obvious.

By May, the truck had completely lost power and would hardly pull out into the road from a stop. I scheduled an appointment in June. Again the VGT solenoid was replaced. RO12380

The truck was not any better when I picked it up than it was when I took it in, so I took it back in July at the next scheduled appointment. Tech could not find a problem after running computer tests although the truck did have low power driveability issues. RO12503

8-24-2005 Back in shop again with same complaint. The technician contacted the hotline and requested an engineer inspect the truck. They did some tests on it but could not find the problem. The engineer requested I come down and show them what it was doing, so I went to drive the technician. I spooled the engine up in the parking lot and dropped the clutch. The truck barley rolled from the parking lot entrance to well past the first red light before the engine picked up power and took off. The EGR valve was replaced again.

3-20-2006 Returned to dealership with same low power complaint. They found a recall on the program for the computer and recalibrated the computer. This did not solve the low power issue and I finally decided that I would have to live with that. RO 13255

In Late May of 2006 The low power problem, In My Opinion, began to manifest itself in another way. Intermittently, the engine would be almost super powered. When that happened, it would blow the turbo boot hose off. I stopped in the dealership with the hose blown off and they put the hose back on. I made it less than 3 miles from the dealership before the boot blew off again. I called and they said that they would order a new boot. It turns out that Ford had a redesigned boot to replace the original boot complete with a new pipe. Dealer said they would call when the parts arrived as they had to be ordered. No ticket was made on this service.

By mid June approximately 2 weeks later, nobody had called, so I called and asked and was told they still yet did not have the boot. This seemed rather odd to me that it had took over 3 weeks for a Ford Dealer to order a rubber hose from Ford. Meanwhile I was having to drive my 1995 F250 which doesn’t have an operational air conditioner. Over that weekend, I decided I was going to put the boot back on myself or roast one in that older truck, so I re installed it and tightened the fool out of the clamps on the hose. I also tightened the other clamps on the other hoses in the same system. I found I had to retighten the hoses every 2 or 3 days or one or the other would fall off.

The truck seemed to run a little better for that couple of weeks, but I still wanted a new hose to give me piece of mind that my truck was dependable to be on the road in. I called the dealership again and found out that the Service Manager had left and the new guy knew nothing about my hose. He said he’d get one. I thought over a month is a bit long to wait on a hose, so I called Ford’s Customer Non-Service.

I finally spoke to Sherri Konicki at 1 866 631-3788 Ex 7385. She said that she would look into the problem as well as the alternating low power and over power issues and see what could be done. She said she would call me back. She called me during my lunch hour and when I returned, I returned her telephone call to get her voicemail which states, “Leave a message and I will return your phone call within 24 hours.†So I left a message.

2 Days later, I’d received no phone call so I called and left another message.

2 more days and no return call so I left another message.

The next week, I called daily leaving messages. At this point, My truck is still not fixed and it’s mid July driving my farm truck with no AC in it. By the weekend, I’d had no return phone calls from either Sherri or the Dealership.

The next Monday, I called Sherri every hour leaving a message and got no response yet.

Tuesday morning, I recruited some friends to help me call Sherri and leave messages for her to call me back. I believe I was told that she got 168 messages that morning to call me. Maybe that was a tad overboard, and I shouldn’t have done it, but any business person should return their phone calls. I don’t know what else would be expected other than an Irate customer who can’t get a simple phone call.

I believe I was patient enough trying to work with Ford over the 2 year time period and multiple visits to the dealership to fix my problem.

Finally David at 1 866 631 3788 Ex 7302 called me back and informed me that he was taking over for Sherri. He told me flat out off the bat to not ever call Ford again. Then he threatened to have me charged with Harassment for placing so many telephone calls to Sherri. To say the least, I was quite upset over that threat. I asked David who I should call to get service on my Ford truck, Possibly General Motors? I said it in a sarcastic way. David said, “I consider that to be a threat.†He listened to a little bit of my problem and eventually told me, “The thing for you to do might be to purchase a Chevrolet.†I replied that I might very well do that. He said that he considered that a threat and hung up on me.

Eventually, the dealership called and told me the boot was in to come get it.

I did, but when I picked up the truck, the low power condition was definitely still there. There is a traffic light at the corner of the dealership’s property and when I got to it, I was the 2nd vehicle back from the red light. When it turned green, I released the clutch and stepped on the fuel pedal. The light turned yellow before the truck managed to pick up power and roll through the light. I turned around and returned to the dealership and told them it was not fixed. I understand that a Ford engineer looked at the truck while it was in the shop this time and the EGR valve was replaced again, but I was not provided with a service order for this visit.

I returned to the dealership and spoke with the Owner’s Father who oversee’s the dealership. I was told that my truck was fixed, nothing was wrong with it and they had done all they were going to do for it and not to bring it back. I told him that since it was fixed and he had a new truck on his lot, that I’d like to trade for the new truck to make me a price. He said with the mechanical history on my truck, he would not be willing to trade for it at all as with it’s problems he would not be able to sell it.

That week I was in Richmond Kentucky inspecting property for a client and attempted to trade it at a dealership there. They ran the computer report on the truck and they too would not trade for it. At that point, I realized that I owned a truck that I could not trust to drive on trips out of town, could not sell, and would be stuck with.

This low power problem is getting worse and worse and it is a dangerous safety issue. In September it stalled 4 times trying to pull out of a driveway onto a side street in Corbin. I would let the clutch out and give it fuel like normal and it would just quit. I stopped by Falls Ford in Corbin since I was in Corbin at the time and asked if they would hook it to their computer and see what was wrong with it. They said that since I bought it from the dealership in Williamsburg, I should take it there and since I’d had so many problems with it they were unwilling to get involved with the truck. The truck stalled 6 to 8 times before I was able to get it out of their parking lot and onto the highway. The next day my adjuster and I went to look at a fire loss in Woodbine, KY and the truck stalled twice on the CSX railroad tracks. These are a double set of tracks coming into the largest yard between Knoxville and Cincinnati. It is a very busy set of tracks. This is a very dangerous situation and nobody at Ford or their dealerships seems to want to see to it that the truck I purchased is the one they advertised and not the ill performing clunker that I have.

I called Customer service again and asked to speak to a supervisor.

Blanche who identified herself as a supervisor called me back at approximately noon on 10-5-2006. She took information and said she would call me back

Blanche called back that afternoon and said that Margo will call me tomorrow and Sherri would take over Monday and call me then.

Lucretia Sutherlin Called a 4:58 pm on Monday said Ford would be doing nothing to fix my truck and that it was in perfect working order. This on a truck that a week prior to that was stalling out on railroad tracks.

Lucretia Sutherlin Called at 10:20 am and instructed me to take the truck to Paul Steeley for Service. I told her that in my conversation with Margo Austin on Friday I had given specific instructions on what sort of repair I would accept and that nothing short of that would be acceptable. Before I took this truck in, I would have to be assured that the instructions I gave would be followed to the letter. That includes Replacing the engine with a brand new, not rebuilt, not remanufactured engine. All pieces and parts would have to be new. The clutch would have to be replaced as well since the faulty engine is causing it to wear prematurely. All computers and wiring harnesses would also need to be replaced. I specifically told her that I was not interested in any repair that did not involve that list.

I also told her that Blanche the Supervisor had given my case to Sherri Koniki and I expected the call I was promised on Thursday.

Margo Austin – Customer Service Calling Tomorrow

1866 631 3788 Ex 7420

Called Friday discussed problems with truck. We discussed it’s problems for the better part of an hour. Margo talked as if I might be due a replacement vehicle or a buy back.

Sherri Konicki- Will Call Thursday October 12th 1 866 631 3788 7385

Sherri Called Oct 12th and said that Ford would offer me a discount on the purchase of a new truck but would not buy mine back. I don’t see the advantage of this since my truck has been refused as a trade in by 2 dealers. Sherri said Ford would not guarantee the trade in. I told Sherri to get me a price on the difference before I would even consider this offer.

Sherri called back Oct 17th to see if I was interested in the discount on the new vehicle. I said I still do not have enough information. I don’t know what they plan to give me for mine. She said she understood but was argumentative when I pointed out that unless Ford was guaranteeing a fair value for mine, this deal wasn’t going to fly and I am still stuck with this p.o.s. truck that nobody seems to be able to fix. I mentioned that it was currently leaking something in my driveway.

Nov 2nd, Stopped by Dave Damron’s to have my oil changed and check on leak. Leak appears to be antifreeze coming from rear of engine on the passenger side. It was 2 gallons low on coolant which we filled to the mark on the bottle.

Sunday Nov 5th, drove truck to south interchange and back. Coolant leak was audible. I could hear it dropping down. Inspected and found coolant pouring out of the bell housing area of the transmission. Starter appeared to be soaked with coolant, and it appeared to be coming from somewhere on the engine block above the starter toward the head. Too much junk in the way to see exactly where it was coming from.

Nov 6th, dropped truck off at Steely’s to be fixed. They said they wouldn’t touch it till Thursday.

Went to check on it Thursday November 9th. The current issue is a bad EGR cooler that has leaked antifreeze into various parts of the engine and onto the ground. EGR coolers tend to get damaged when the turbo is overboosting the system because it’s vanes are not correctly positioned. The technician told me he would be replacing the hose for the cooler, but would have to disassemble the engine to clean the antifreeze out of where it’s not supposed to be, put it back together and give it back to me. I expressed my opinion that so long as the root cause of things like EGR cooler hoses coming loose, turbo boot failures and the like is not addressed and repaired, those things will continue to happen. In my opinion, this and all of the other issues are being caused by the sticking turbo charger alternating between closed and wide open. When it sticks wide open, the pressure from the overboost condition causes the destruction of boots, hoses, head gaskets and other items meant to seal in the air.

Called Sherri Konnicki and left a message Thursday for her to call me in the morning. Her voice mail suggests that she may not be in the office.

I called Margo Austin hoping to get to Blanche the supervisor. Margo is out of the office until the 16th Her voice mail states for me to call Johnna Harris at extension 7430.

Called again and finally got someone. They said that they would have a supervisor call me in 2 days.

I drove to Williamsburg and spoke to Paul David Steely. I handed him a written copy of my 3 option demand and instructed him to get it to whoever at Ford that needed to have it. I also explained that Randy, the service advisor who was in charge of the shop when I had my initial problem refused to take my truck the first time I brought it in and told me to bring it back 10 days later that he was making me an appointment. The problem was, the truck was backfiring and quitting on the interstate coming to Williamsburg and I didn’t feel like the truck would make it to my house and back which I explained to him. At that point, I dropped the keys on the counter and told him I wasn’t getting back on the interstate in a truck that was quitting going down the road. If I was going to walk, it’d be in town where I could call someone for a ride. From that point on, we did not get along, and over the years, I haven’t gotten my service tickets from him. I requested that Paul David provide me copies of the tickets. He did provide most of the service tickets for me. I have the ticket on the original problem and 7 of the follow up tickets on the continuation of the problem. There is a service order in September of 2006 where a Ford Engineer looked at the vehicle, but I can’t seem to get a ticket on that one.

That evening I e-mailed my demands to Ford and received this reply on Monday.

Dear Lonnie,

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding your 2004 Ford F-250.

The circumstances that you have outlined in your original e-mail have been given careful consideration. Our records indicate that on 11/10/2006 09:48:19 AM, you contacted the Ford Customer Relationship Center via phone and our Customer Service Representative advised you that you wil be contacted not later than Tuesday 11/14/06 by the end of business day. Please allow the requested time for the follow up to occur so that your issue may be properly addressed. If any new information regarding this matter should become available in the future, please let us know.

We consider the satisfaction of our customers one of our most important objectives. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,

John

Customer Relationship Center

Ford Motor Company

[THREAD ID:1-3779K1]

To date I have not received the telephone call.

You can't say an 6.4 is gonna be bad because ford build 1 bad 6.0. apples and oranges. Anyone who's had a any 7.3 or 99% of 6.0's knows ford makes a good truck.

now, if the 08's just weren't so fugly i'd upgrade from my 05 6.0 (which runs GREAT by the way, and everyone else I know's do too), but that's another thread all together.

Skipper, the REAL problem with your truck is that the dealership you are using has a 'parts changer' for a diesel tech. Unfortunately the FSE you got to come look at it gets zilch for time to work on your truck. He is also usually blinded by what the 'tech' and I use that term loosely in this situation, tells him. He also may or may not be a 'diesel' guy as FSE's usually wear all the hats, not just one.

It sounds to me like you have two or more problems with the truck. VGT/EGR positioning, and fuel supply issues. I say VGT/EGR positioning because VGT/EGR can be mispoisitoned by:

sticking VGT unison ring/vanes/actuator/control solenoid

MAF malfunction

EGR sticking/position sensor mis read

EBP malfunction (or incorrect infer on late calibrations)

IAT2 malfunction

exhaust leaks

boost leaks

unmetered air leak between the turbo and maf

aftermarket air filters

aftermarket programmers/boxes

incorrect load infer due to base engine power concern (misses or fuel issues)

VGT learn procedure not followed

Does it have the latest calibration with EBP infer and cold start injector fix? If it doesn't, you need it. If it does, has it been allowed to go thru the 'VGT learn' procedure? Has it ever had a new MAF? Since it has been apart several times, does it have any boost or exhaust side leaks? Since it was overboosting, does the intercooler have a split in it?

This engine is NOT hard to fix. You need a good diesel tech. There are a lot of trucks out there without any problems and yours can be one too. Find another dealer.

• 5 weeks later...

You defenders of the junk 6.0 crack me up. 9 sets of injectors, 3 turbos, 7 indiviual injectors, 2 cam sensors, 2 hoeses blowed off the turbo, then ford wouldn't warrentty the truck because I put an aftermarket exhaust on to keep from burning up anymore turbo's plus stuck on the side of the road more times than in the 35 years I've been driving combined, and you guys say the 6.0 was a good engine? Your drugs are not helping you. I've been stuck at dealerships all over the US with my 6.0 and ford's attitude is; "We are not going to fix it anymore and we will not buy your lemon back." The first new vehical I ever wasted my time on and I've walked more than I care too because of it. Every reflash on the computer has cost mpg and power. I know that ford is clueless on what to do, so they just said screw the customer.

KYskipper; I know how you feel !!! These guys need to talk to guys who actuly use these type trucks for towing and watch how many 6.0's are on the side of the road compared to the tractor engine (hate them, but they are not breaking down on the guys! cummins btw) and the import general mess combo. The last two years, there have been 10 to 1 more ford 6.0's that are actuly used broke down than the competition's trucks. Ask anyone who makes a living with these trucks.

ps, I too have had more dealer techs replacing egr's and other sensors more times than I can count. Very sad to see ford stoop this low on customer service.

Edited by Roadsider

You defenders of the junk 6.0 crack me up. 9 sets of injectors, 3 turbos, 7 indiviual injectors, 2 cam sensors, 2 hoeses blowed off the turbo, then ford wouldn't warrentty the truck because I put an aftermarket exhaust on to keep from burning up anymore turbo's plus stuck on the side of the road more times than in the 35 years I've been driving combined, and you guys say the 6.0 was a good engine? Your drugs are not helping you. I've been stuck at dealerships all over the US with my 6.0 and ford's attitude is; "We are not going to fix it anymore and we will not buy your lemon back." The first new vehical I ever wasted my time on and I've walked more than I care too because of it. Every reflash on the computer has cost mpg and power. I know that ford is clueless on what to do, so they just said screw the customer.

KYskipper; I know how you feel !!! These guys need to talk to guys who actuly use these type trucks for towing and watch how many 6.0's are on the side of the road compared to the tractor engine (hate them, but they are not breaking down on the guys! cummins btw) and the import general mess combo. The last two years, there have been 10 to 1 more ford 6.0's that are actuly used broke down than the competition's trucks. Ask anyone who makes a living with these trucks.

ps, I too have had more dealer techs replacing egr's and other sensors more times than I can count. Very sad to see ford stoop this low on customer service.

You need a mechanic that doesn't just replace parts and not figure out what the actual problem is, but sadly, Ford doesn't seem to have a lot of those. They are good trucks. I haven't seen one with a problem, it's just the few who come online and think just because they had a problem, they're all bad. My new one has gone through 90k miles so far of mud, dunes, and hauling wrecked crewcabs to our shop without a single problem, along with many of my friends who love them. and the only complaint any of the loggers and construction fleets around here have about them is the 6 speed has their gears geared a little too far apart. There's a reason Ford sells more diesels than dodge or chevy could dream of. It sucks that you fell into the 1% lemon crowd, I feel for you. I, personally, wish they never quit making the 7.3 powerstroke. No one will ever make an engine as good as that was ever again, but if you can find a mechanic that actually knows what he's doing (and chances are that person is NOT going to be at a dealership) you can have a reliable truck that you can be happy with.

I would also recomend looking at superdutydiesel.com and thedieselgarage.com, and other powerstroke specific forums. There are lots of people who know about these trucks, how to fix them, and have advice on where to find good mechanics across the country on there. People who have had the same problems as you can offer some insight on what worked for them, and some who have gotten Ford to buy theirs back could help. I hope you have better luck in the future.

"but if you can find a mechanic that actually knows what he's doing "

This will be hard since most dealerships unless they sell enough diesels to have a good tech. I have a 03 6.0 and i will admit it has had a few problems but i know alot of people who have had hardly any if any. I havea friend that had a 00 with the 7.3 and it was going threw injectors like candy, so does that mean they where all junk? NO it is a problem with the 6.0 Ford did know this that is why they mailed out $2500 rebates to the owners of 03' and part of 04 6.0l owners. they had to be used by march 31 of 2006. So that is telling me they admitted a problem. If you dont like ford's motors than look elswhere. I think most of the problems was the dealerships more than fords. Not knowing or caring about there customers.

Edited by firedude26

• 5 weeks later...

My local dealership has one diesel tech. A very good one. They get business from some of the folks who bought their trucks from other local dealers. The tech here is busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest, not becuase of bad trucks, but because he seems to be the only Ford tech within 100 miles that knows his behind from a hole in the ground.

December 17 2003 Purchased truck from Paul Steely Ford. The truck was originally shipped to Ramey Ford in Johnson City, Tennessee and was found on the Ford computer system’s vehicle locator. Steely’s Ford did a dealer trade to get it. I went with Paul to pick it up in Johnson City and drive it back to Williamsburg. It had something like 14 miles on it when I left Ramey’s in Johnson City. It was a new vehicle not used.

8-30-2004

Headed to my grandfather’s funeral in London, Kentucky on I-75. As I began to accelerate off of the Exit 25 Northbound ramp the engine began detonated twice. I considered parking it then, but I only had an hour to get to the funeral home where I’d been given paul bearer duties. The entire trip to London the truck bucked, refused to run at interstate speeds and several times the engine quit but was started back by the transmission as it rolled down the road. I took it to Paul Steely Ford that evening for repairs. They replaced the DPFE sensor and VGT Control. See RO 11248

I picked up truck about 10 days after that and it had a nagging lope in the engine. Running at speed it did not run smoothly. It also had an extreme loss of power compared to what it had originally. I returned the truck to Steely Ford the next week and they reflashed the computer. I do not have a ticket on this trip from the garage.

When I picked up truck again and the lope was less noticeable but the engine had lost power. On hills that it previously pulled in 3rd gear, I would now have to downshift to 2nd and at times 1st. I figured that I would drive the truck for a while and hope that whatever was wrong with it would go ahead and break so it would be easier to find. By December it had gotten extremely poor in it’s performance and I scheduled an appointment to have it worked on again. On Jan 18th the truck was put into the shop. Service technician test drove and observed the low power condition and the constant surging. This time the EBP and EGR valve were replaced as both were clogged with carbon. See RO 11732

Feb 22, 2005

Experienced problems with fuel filter and pump system on the bottom frame rail. Truck would not start and had to be towed to the dealership. Pump Water separator housing replaced. RO 11896

Picked up truck and it ran fair for a few weeks although not as good as it had prior to the initial problem then went back to the same low power condition. I continued to drive it hoping it would either straighten out or break and make the problem obvious.

By May, the truck had completely lost power and would hardly pull out into the road from a stop. I scheduled an appointment in June. Again the VGT solenoid was replaced. RO12380

The truck was not any better when I picked it up than it was when I took it in, so I took it back in July at the next scheduled appointment. Tech could not find a problem after running computer tests although the truck did have low power driveability issues. RO12503

8-24-2005 Back in shop again with same complaint. The technician contacted the hotline and requested an engineer inspect the truck. They did some tests on it but could not find the problem. The engineer requested I come down and show them what it was doing, so I went to drive the technician. I spooled the engine up in the parking lot and dropped the clutch. The truck barley rolled from the parking lot entrance to well past the first red light before the engine picked up power and took off. The EGR valve was replaced again.

3-20-2006 Returned to dealership with same low power complaint. They found a recall on the program for the computer and recalibrated the computer. This did not solve the low power issue and I finally decided that I would have to live with that. RO 13255

In Late May of 2006 The low power problem, In My Opinion, began to manifest itself in another way. Intermittently, the engine would be almost super powered. When that happened, it would blow the turbo boot hose off. I stopped in the dealership with the hose blown off and they put the hose back on. I made it less than 3 miles from the dealership before the boot blew off again. I called and they said that they would order a new boot. It turns out that Ford had a redesigned boot to replace the original boot complete with a new pipe. Dealer said they would call when the parts arrived as they had to be ordered. No ticket was made on this service.

By mid June approximately 2 weeks later, nobody had called, so I called and asked and was told they still yet did not have the boot. This seemed rather odd to me that it had took over 3 weeks for a Ford Dealer to order a rubber hose from Ford. Meanwhile I was having to drive my 1995 F250 which doesn’t have an operational air conditioner. Over that weekend, I decided I was going to put the boot back on myself or roast one in that older truck, so I re installed it and tightened the fool out of the clamps on the hose. I also tightened the other clamps on the other hoses in the same system. I found I had to retighten the hoses every 2 or 3 days or one or the other would fall off.

The truck seemed to run a little better for that couple of weeks, but I still wanted a new hose to give me piece of mind that my truck was dependable to be on the road in. I called the dealership again and found out that the Service Manager had left and the new guy knew nothing about my hose. He said he’d get one. I thought over a month is a bit long to wait on a hose, so I called Ford’s Customer Non-Service.

I finally spoke to Sherri Konicki at 1 866 631-3788 Ex 7385. She said that she would look into the problem as well as the alternating low power and over power issues and see what could be done. She said she would call me back. She called me during my lunch hour and when I returned, I returned her telephone call to get her voicemail which states, “Leave a message and I will return your phone call within 24 hours.†So I left a message.

The next week, I called daily leaving messages. At this point, My truck is still not fixed and it’s mid July driving my farm truck with no AC in it. By the weekend, I’d had no return phone calls from either Sherri or the Dealership.

The next Monday, I called Sherri every hour leaving a message and got no response yet.

Tuesday morning, I recruited some friends to help me call Sherri and leave messages for her to call me back. I believe I was told that she got 168 messages that morning to call me. Maybe that was a tad overboard, and I shouldn’t have done it, but any business person should return their phone calls. I don’t know what else would be expected other than an Irate customer who can’t get a simple phone call.

I believe I was patient enough trying to work with Ford over the 2 year time period and multiple visits to the dealership to fix my problem.

Finally David at 1 866 631 3788 Ex 7302 called me back and informed me that he was taking over for Sherri. He told me flat out off the bat to not ever call Ford again. Then he threatened to have me charged with Harassment for placing so many telephone calls to Sherri. To say the least, I was quite upset over that threat. I asked David who I should call to get service on my Ford truck, Possibly General Motors? I said it in a sarcastic way. David said, “I consider that to be a threat.†He listened to a little bit of my problem and eventually told me, “The thing for you to do might be to purchase a Chevrolet.†I replied that I might very well do that. He said that he considered that a threat and hung up on me.

I did, but when I picked up the truck, the low power condition was definitely still there. There is a traffic light at the corner of the dealership’s property and when I got to it, I was the 2nd vehicle back from the red light. When it turned green, I released the clutch and stepped on the fuel pedal. The light turned yellow before the truck managed to pick up power and roll through the light. I turned around and returned to the dealership and told them it was not fixed. I understand that a Ford engineer looked at the truck while it was in the shop this time and the EGR valve was replaced again, but I was not provided with a service order for this visit.

I returned to the dealership and spoke with the Owner’s Father who oversee’s the dealership. I was told that my truck was fixed, nothing was wrong with it and they had done all they were going to do for it and not to bring it back. I told him that since it was fixed and he had a new truck on his lot, that I’d like to trade for the new truck to make me a price. He said with the mechanical history on my truck, he would not be willing to trade for it at all as with it’s problems he would not be able to sell it.

That week I was in Richmond Kentucky inspecting property for a client and attempted to trade it at a dealership there. They ran the computer report on the truck and they too would not trade for it. At that point, I realized that I owned a truck that I could not trust to drive on trips out of town, could not sell, and would be stuck with.

This low power problem is getting worse and worse and it is a dangerous safety issue. In September it stalled 4 times trying to pull out of a driveway onto a side street in Corbin. I would let the clutch out and give it fuel like normal and it would just quit. I stopped by Falls Ford in Corbin since I was in Corbin at the time and asked if they would hook it to their computer and see what was wrong with it. They said that since I bought it from the dealership in Williamsburg, I should take it there and since I’d had so many problems with it they were unwilling to get involved with the truck. The truck stalled 6 to 8 times before I was able to get it out of their parking lot and onto the highway. The next day my adjuster and I went to look at a fire loss in Woodbine, KY and the truck stalled twice on the CSX railroad tracks. These are a double set of tracks coming into the largest yard between Knoxville and Cincinnati. It is a very busy set of tracks. This is a very dangerous situation and nobody at Ford or their dealerships seems to want to see to it that the truck I purchased is the one they advertised and not the ill performing clunker that I have.

Blanche who identified herself as a supervisor called me back at approximately noon on 10-5-2006. She took information and said she would call me back

Blanche called back that afternoon and said that Margo will call me tomorrow and Sherri would take over Monday and call me then.

Lucretia Sutherlin Called a 4:58 pm on Monday said Ford would be doing nothing to fix my truck and that it was in perfect working order. This on a truck that a week prior to that was stalling out on railroad tracks.

Lucretia Sutherlin Called at 10:20 am and instructed me to take the truck to Paul Steeley for Service. I told her that in my conversation with Margo Austin on Friday I had given specific instructions on what sort of repair I would accept and that nothing short of that would be acceptable. Before I took this truck in, I would have to be assured that the instructions I gave would be followed to the letter. That includes Replacing the engine with a brand new, not rebuilt, not remanufactured engine. All pieces and parts would have to be new. The clutch would have to be replaced as well since the faulty engine is causing it to wear prematurely. All computers and wiring harnesses would also need to be replaced. I specifically told her that I was not interested in any repair that did not involve that list.

I also told her that Blanche the Supervisor had given my case to Sherri Koniki and I expected the call I was promised on Thursday.

1866 631 3788 Ex 7420

Called Friday discussed problems with truck. We discussed it’s problems for the better part of an hour. Margo talked as if I might be due a replacement vehicle or a buy back.

Sherri Called Oct 12th and said that Ford would offer me a discount on the purchase of a new truck but would not buy mine back. I don’t see the advantage of this since my truck has been refused as a trade in by 2 dealers. Sherri said Ford would not guarantee the trade in. I told Sherri to get me a price on the difference before I would even consider this offer.

Sherri called back Oct 17th to see if I was interested in the discount on the new vehicle. I said I still do not have enough information. I don’t know what they plan to give me for mine. She said she understood but was argumentative when I pointed out that unless Ford was guaranteeing a fair value for mine, this deal wasn’t going to fly and I am still stuck with this p.o.s. truck that nobody seems to be able to fix. I mentioned that it was currently leaking something in my driveway.

Nov 2nd, Stopped by Dave Damron’s to have my oil changed and check on leak. Leak appears to be antifreeze coming from rear of engine on the passenger side. It was 2 gallons low on coolant which we filled to the mark on the bottle.

Sunday Nov 5th, drove truck to south interchange and back. Coolant leak was audible. I could hear it dropping down. Inspected and found coolant pouring out of the bell housing area of the transmission. Starter appeared to be soaked with coolant, and it appeared to be coming from somewhere on the engine block above the starter toward the head. Too much junk in the way to see exactly where it was coming from.

Nov 6th, dropped truck off at Steely’s to be fixed. They said they wouldn’t touch it till Thursday.

Went to check on it Thursday November 9th. The current issue is a bad EGR cooler that has leaked antifreeze into various parts of the engine and onto the ground. EGR coolers tend to get damaged when the turbo is overboosting the system because it’s vanes are not correctly positioned. The technician told me he would be replacing the hose for the cooler, but would have to disassemble the engine to clean the antifreeze out of where it’s not supposed to be, put it back together and give it back to me. I expressed my opinion that so long as the root cause of things like EGR cooler hoses coming loose, turbo boot failures and the like is not addressed and repaired, those things will continue to happen. In my opinion, this and all of the other issues are being caused by the sticking turbo charger alternating between closed and wide open. When it sticks wide open, the pressure from the overboost condition causes the destruction of boots, hoses, head gaskets and other items meant to seal in the air.

Called Sherri Konnicki and left a message Thursday for her to call me in the morning. Her voice mail suggests that she may not be in the office.

I called Margo Austin hoping to get to Blanche the supervisor. Margo is out of the office until the 16th Her voice mail states for me to call Johnna Harris at extension 7430.

Called again and finally got someone. They said that they would have a supervisor call me in 2 days.

I drove to Williamsburg and spoke to Paul David Steely. I handed him a written copy of my 3 option demand and instructed him to get it to whoever at Ford that needed to have it. I also explained that Randy, the service advisor who was in charge of the shop when I had my initial problem refused to take my truck the first time I brought it in and told me to bring it back 10 days later that he was making me an appointment. The problem was, the truck was backfiring and quitting on the interstate coming to Williamsburg and I didn’t feel like the truck would make it to my house and back which I explained to him. At that point, I dropped the keys on the counter and told him I wasn’t getting back on the interstate in a truck that was quitting going down the road. If I was going to walk, it’d be in town where I could call someone for a ride. From that point on, we did not get along, and over the years, I haven’t gotten my service tickets from him. I requested that Paul David provide me copies of the tickets. He did provide most of the service tickets for me. I have the ticket on the original problem and 7 of the follow up tickets on the continuation of the problem. There is a service order in September of 2006 where a Ford Engineer looked at the vehicle, but I can’t seem to get a ticket on that one.

Dear Lonnie,

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding your 2004 Ford F-250.

The circumstances that you have outlined in your original e-mail have been given careful consideration. Our records indicate that on 11/10/2006 09:48:19 AM, you contacted the Ford Customer Relationship Center via phone and our Customer Service Representative advised you that you wil be contacted not later than Tuesday 11/14/06 by the end of business day. Please allow the requested time for the follow up to occur so that your issue may be properly addressed. If any new information regarding this matter should become available in the future, please let us know.

We consider the satisfaction of our customers one of our most important objectives. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,

John

Ford Motor Company

That is one good violin solo, would you play another? Lefty loosey Righty Tighty, otherwise you may strip the threads (FYI)

• 3 weeks later...

Roadsider

FYI

I'm sorry you had all the problems but get over it and move forward.

PS We live in AMERICA and it's the land of the FREE and you always can buy a dodge or chev and move to a new site.

Edited by giddyup05

• 4 months later...

I don't understand why you guys are bashing KYSkipper for complaining about a lemon vehicle. I am a Ford fan and have owned many, but I once did buy a new Taurus that was a disaster. Parts were falling off and breaking on a daily basis, but the dealer stood behind their product and each and every one was fixed.

KYSkipper, does your state have a lemon law? We do in Virginia and the dealer (or manufacturer) can be forced to buy the vehicle back.

Good luck.

I don't understand why you guys are bashing KYSkipper for complaining about a lemon vehicle. I am a Ford fan and have owned many, but I once did buy a new Taurus that was a disaster. Parts were falling off and breaking on a daily basis, but the dealer stood behind their product and each and every one was fixed.

KYSkipper, does your state have a lemon law? We do in Virginia and the dealer (or manufacturer) can be forced to buy the vehicle back.

Good luck.

we are bashing him because he posted this SEVERAL times over and over again ... we discussed it well the first time .. this time .. we were just annoyed that he cannot just keep on discussing his issue and just resorts to bashing Ford by restarting threads ..

Igor

8-30-2004

Feb 22, 2005

1866 631 3788 Ex 7420

Dear Lonnie,

Sincerely,

John

Ford Motor Company

Could it be that your attitude towards the truck, the service people and your dealer could be causing part of your problem? My guess is that they are treating you like you are treating them. Ford has always been great with me on the rare occassions that I have had an issue.

You are so wacked out and don't know what your talking about. I have 3 6.0l, my First has over 230000 and only had one problem at 130000 lost a tranny, put new one in and still running, my second over 100000 with one of my road haulers (05,and all we have done is oil changes, now Im driveing a 06 with 47000 and have had not one problem.

I have traveled all ove rhtis great Nation and I don't see Ford on the road dead, I do see Chevs, Dodges and some Fords.

I do use my trucks and I use them hard. My 03 is Chipped, Piped and K&Ned.

Maybe it you that needs to learn that you can't just drive them to Safeway and back.

Would I buy a 6.0l again?? Hell Yes and I would also buy a6.4 that I tested for a week.

post-20541-1181797007_thumb.jpg post-20541-1181797890_thumb.jpg

post-20541-1181797033_thumb.jpg

post-20541-1181797691_thumb.jpg

Edited by giddyup05

The problems with the 6.0 are mostly caused by 1 of 3 things, dirty/ wrong oil, dirty fuel or dirty air. If you change your oil every 5k with FORD DSL oil and your fuel filters every 15K that will keep most of the problems from ever popping up. Just ask anyone whose truck isn't having injector, turbo and egr problems, they are also the ones who have the oil changed and the air and fuel filters are changed on a reg basis.

In every truck I changed a Egr valve this year, I asked the customer what kind of oil they were using. The ones that new said Rotella, and the ones that didn't had the oil changed at quick lubes. The regular customers who come into the dealership for scheduled oil and fuel filter changes don't have these problems. What does this tell you?

• 1 month later...

To answer the question......Oh Hell Yes!!! :happy feet: The '05 F150 FX4 I own is outstanding, but it's time to move up to a bigger truck for better towing. Now, if an '08 isn't purchased by the end of the year, I'll just wait until late spring of '09 to purchase. I think these trucks are great, from the body design to the new 6.4 motor. Of course, I base that opinion on experience in having had a '54, '65, '71, '79, '86, '93 and an '05 in the family. I have owned two Chevys in there as well and think....well, let's just the household won't ever be tarnished with another bowtie. Except for maybe bowtie pasta...

The problems with the 6.0 are mostly caused by 1 of 3 things, dirty/ wrong oil, dirty fuel or dirty air. If you change your oil every 5k with FORD DSL oil and your fuel filters every 15K that will keep most of the problems from ever popping up. Just ask anyone whose truck isn't having injector, turbo and egr problems, they are also the ones who have the oil changed and the air and fuel filters are changed on a reg basis.

In every truck I changed a Egr valve this year, I asked the customer what kind of oil they were using. The ones that new said Rotella, and the ones that didn't had the oil changed at quick lubes. The regular customers who come into the dealership for scheduled oil and fuel filter changes don't have these problems. What does this tell you?

That you are a retard and should think twice before posting info about oil that you know nothing about.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...