Ford offers dealer cash on cheapest Edge models

Bluecon

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, you were VERY VERY WRONG. Chrysler was building up fake profit by dumping units into the sales bank willy nilly, and now it has all come home to roost. Their results were essentially lies built upon the sales bank. Why do you think they are cutting production so much all of a sudden? Why is DCX having to make such drastic cuts to the employee ranks? Because of the outstanding results of the 3rd and 4th quarters? Please. :banghead:

Maybe they want to do it before they end up in the same mess as Ford.

"hate to say it, but she's gonna bomb. Go ahead, flame me, but we can revisit this in six months.

- bec5150 on the Ford Edge, Nov 2 2006, 06:40 PM"

Bomb in what way? You dancing around the subject..Your not predicting the Edge will only sell X amount of units, will have heavy incentives etc etc...all your going by is someone else saying its gonna bomb...its much like the Fusion pissing contests here... :rolleyes:

$500 on the base SE model. Worlds not coming to en end. How about those huge rebates on Aspens, Commanders, and Durangos??? So, a $500 Ford rebate on one trim level means a flop, while an $8000 one on "profitable models" is a 'sucess'?

Chrysler has to pay $1.6B to close the Deleware plant and buy out the workers, so we will see how much $$ they will make this year. And the new Sebring/Avenger is an even worse "flop" than any Ford sedan since 2004. Look for them in Dollar/Thrifty/Budget lots all over.

And when the Chinese buy Chrysler and send all the jobs there, then "they" can have a party!

Edited by 630land

$500 on the base SE model. Worlds not coming to en end. How about those huge rebates on Aspens, Commanders, and Durangos??? So, a $500 Ford rebate on one trim level means a flop, while an $8000 one on "profitable models" is a 'sucess'?

Chrysler has to pay $1.6B to close the Deleware plant and buy out the workers, so we will see how much $$ they will make this year. And the new Sebring/Avenger is an even worse "flop" than any Ford sedan since 2004. Look for them in Dollar/Thrifty/Budget lots all over.

And when the Chinese buy Chrysler and send all the jobs there, then "they" can have a party!

What does Chrysler have to do with the Edge selling poorly?

Isn't this a Ford Forum?

Bomb in what way? You dancing around the subject..Your not predicting the Edge will only sell X amount of units, will have heavy incentives etc etc...all your going by is someone else saying its gonna bomb...its much like the Fusion pissing contests here... :rolleyes:

Ask Bec, he predicted it.

And the world can't wait for the next generation Pacifica and Commander! Oh wait, those tubs of lard are going to get killed off!

Enjoy your future Chinese or Korean made "Neon" instead!

Even if Mopar is spun off, no way will the muscle car glory days of the 60's or the LH/Cloud car era of the 90's return. They still have unsold 2006 models, where are they going to sell them? Russia?

Edited by 630land

And the world can't wait for the next generation Pacifica and Commander! Oh wait, those tubs of lard are going to get killed off!

Even if Mopar is spun off, no way will the muscle car glory days of the 60's or the LH/Cloud car era of the 90's return. They still have unsold 2006 models, where are they going to sell them? Russia?

I heard that Ford is buying Chyrsler from MB, (actually, trading Jag for it).

All Fords recent intro's have had a discount from the start, including, 500, Fusion, etc. This topic is really pointless, other than the "doom and gloom" team looking for attention.

Yes, the Edge will be a dissapointment to them because it doesn't sell 400K+ units yearly....

Yes, the Edge will be a dissapointment to them because it's not RWD, nor have a V8....

Yes it''ll be a dissapointment because the commercials won't have women rubbing their breats on the cars hood...

Etc.etc. Let's move on already....

What does chrysler have to do with the poor sales of the Edge/

Isn't this a Ford site?

Next thing you will be telling me the Detroit lions are better than the Arizona Cardinals.

What does chrysler have to do with the poor sales of the Edge/

Isn't this a Ford site?

Next thing you will be telling me the Detroit lions are better than the Arizona Cardinals.

Theres no hiding your bias towards Ford and you posting of this event and the tempest it created shows your just trolling for responses, which your getting.

Mo-dog invented the $500 rebate in 1975, but now it's chump change.

I can't wait to see Jeep get sold off since it has the most value. Then when the rest is sold off to Russia, China, or "Borat's country". Then, Dodge will be trucks only and Chrysler will be cars, which will get cheapend.

Theres no hiding your bias towards Ford and you posting of this event and the tempest it created shows your just trolling for responses, which your getting.

You are the one trolling, which is why you keep bringing Chrysler into a thread that has nothing to do with them.

I am curious why the response to the Edge selling poorly is to attack Chrysler.

I was hoping somebody to intelligently explain why the Edge is not selling.

Instead it is the usual attack, attack style.

Ok Bluecon, ................... what is your definition of "poor sales of the Edge." (Direct quote)

You spew it, so back it up.

"hate to say it, but she's gonna bomb. Go ahead, flame me, but we can revisit this in six months.

- bec5150 on the Ford Edge, Nov 2 2006, 06:40 PM"

I am curious why the response to the Edge selling poorly is to attack Chrysler.

I was hoping somebody to intelligently explain why the Edge is not selling.

Instead it is the usual attack, attack style.

Uh wasn't it spelled out in the article? Because people want the most expensive models? Oh thats propaganda

That is not a fact that is propoganda from the same people who said the 500 was a great success.

And what does the 500 have to do with the Edge?

Quit trying to spin shit and use other people's quotes to stir shit up.

Focusing on the substance of the announcement does reveal a bit of a letdown: For all of the beating the drum regarding Ford's sophisticated understanding of markets and serving them, they still got the Edge product mix wrong..... sorta OT: I saw a black one on in traffic on Avenue of the Americas yesteday, it looked very sharp.

Uh wasn't it spelled out in the article? Because people want the most expensive models? Oh thats propaganda

And what does the 500 have to do with the Edge?

Do you think maybe they would change the model mix and start building more of the more expensive models and less of the lower priced models to correct this problem? Not rocket science.

Quit trying to spin shit and use other people's quotes to stir shit up.

You are like a young spoiled child.