New 2008 Taurus Shipping

FordBuyer

why do people complain just for the sake of complaint....I don't understand....they fix the problems you used to have and you find minor new ones...I'm sure if you fixed those you would find more....even less important ones

I see in your sig line that you are in tropical Manitoba, were heated seats are not a popular item. My complaint is based on my preference of having heated seats in my vehicles, and the choice to have heated seats with cloth seats, as I do not like leather seats.

Ford offers heated seats in the Taurus, its not a special or rare option for this variant. So why not give the consumer the choice,whether it be leather or cloth, just seems "odd".

I guess in Fords opinion, you are not allowed the same comfort as the person that favours leather seats.

Edited by MKII

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... tropical Manitoba...

Is that a joke?

I find options and packages in vehicles a pretty complicated issue. One extreme would be to offer vehicles as fully customizable, a blank slate and pick and choose absolutely any options you want. I guess the reason they don't offer that is that building the vehicles with so many different combinations of options would be less efficient at the factory, the workers having to do something differently on every car. So they try to group options into packages of things that people are likely to want at the same time.

I'm glad I'm not the person who's job is to figure out these packages and options and stuff, sounds like a boring and frustrating job. And apparently their work is not very well appreciated on these boards.

Well if you are looking for the clock on the 08 Taurus, here are the parts you need.

8G1Z-54046A62-BA (mdlg on dash with hole for clock)

8G1Z-15000-A (Clock itself)

But you will have to wire it up yourself, the dash harness is with or without clock specific.

Greetings,

I would think a cold weather package would be appropriate in any F150, SUV, Sedan, and Wagon. Really makes sense to me. maybe they don't do it because they know something we don't, or maybe we know something they don't...

Perhaps they could add the Clock to the cold weather package also?

I also think that haveing rain-sensing wipers would be one of those few things that make a sedan stand out from the pack. But I have no idea how much that costs? Anyone?

Peace and Blessing

Well heated seats OEM cost is about $70, Rain-sensing windshield wipers are about $40, Headlight washers about $90, and a Heated steering wheel about $50, throw in a heated driver-side door lock for $35 and mirrors are $10. So for about $300 in OEM cost you could add that equipment, and charge $600 to $700 for it. I wouldn’t do it al-a-cart -- this is the weather package this is what you get, keeps the options simple, In Canada, and the northern US it would be very popular especially if they advertised it.

Well heated seats OEM cost is about $70, Rain-sensing windshield wipers are about $40, Headlight washers about $90, and a Heated steering wheel about $50, throw in a heated driver-side door lock for $35 and mirrors are $10. So for about $300 in OEM cost you could add that equipment, and charge $600 to $700 for it. I wouldn’t do it al-a-cart -- this is the weather package this is what you get, keeps the options simple, In Canada, and the northern US it would be very popular especially if they advertised it.

Greetings,

Sounds good to me. I know that when I have looked at BMW's and Subaru's they have winter packages. I would at least like to add aftermarket rain-wipers...

Peace and Blessings

Yeaaaaaa! Drove by my Ford dealer today but no such luck. Been wondering when they might start to hit. As soon as I buy a house I will be looking this baby over and I expect to buy one.

Is it as high as the 500s?

Thanks.

Peace and Blessings

I take it you mean height of floor boards and roofline. I was lucky to see the new Taurus next to 2007 500 and the height is exactly the same. That is my favorite feature of Taurus/500. You sit up about 3 inches higher than conventional car and have more command view of road. Ford needs to advertise that more. You get best features of truck with its command view and good gas mileage of sedan. One thing I forget to check is where they put new nameplate. I can't believe I forgot to check that out. I noticed SEL name on back trunk and Limited name on other one, but failed to notice where the name Taurus was put. I assume on trunk, but forgot to check.

I take it you mean height of floor boards and roofline. I was lucky to see the new Taurus next to 2007 500 and the height is exactly the same. That is my favorite feature of Taurus/500. You sit up about 3 inches higher than conventional car and have more command view of road. Ford needs to advertise that more. You get best features of truck with its command view and good gas mileage of sedan. One thing I forget to check is where they put new nameplate. I can't believe I forgot to check that out. I noticed SEL name on back trunk and Limited name on other one, but failed to notice where the name Taurus was put. I assume on trunk, but forgot to check.

Greetings,

Yea. I was not very clear. I was indeed talking about drive height. I also like the fact that the 500/Taurus sits a few inches higher. My wife also feels safer having a better view of the road and traffic a head. And unlike a Camry or any Toyota it does not have the exhaust pipe hanging down underneath to have to look at.

Personally, I would just pop off those tags. But the Ford one on the rear. Probably on the truck, in a molded divit made just for the oval...

Peace and Blessings.

why do people complain just for the sake of complaint....I don't understand....they fix the problems you used to have and you find minor new ones...I'm sure if you fixed those you would find more....even less important ones

In a way that's a good thing though, isn't it? The smaller these gripes become, the better the overall product has become. If Ford only had little gripes like this on all the vehicles they sold, wouldn't they be much better off? Continuous improvement is how the Japanese got where they are. It looks like Ford is on the same path with several of their vehicles. They just need to expand that philosophy to every vehicle in the lineup.

Leather is optional on SEL

my biggest beef: ... the SEL has "integrated" head restraints in the back - while the Limited has a very nice adjustable ones .... I think that is the stupidest piece of the Taurus.

VVV SEL Rear head restraints.

trs08_FIP_1148.jpg

If the Taurus Limited uses the same rear head restraints as the Five Hundred Limited's, well I'd prefer the integrated head rests. The movable headrests aren't as comfortable and look like a tacky add-on.

If the Taurus Limited uses the same rear head restraints as the Five Hundred Limited's, well I'd prefer the integrated head rests. The movable headrests aren't as comfortable and look like a tacky add-on.

Taurus Limited uses these Head restains:

trs08_pg_int_002_lg.jpg

I have to admit, I never sat in the rear of a FH so I cannot comment on the comfort - but from SAFETY point of view - the fixed head restraints are probably MUCH less safe for most people than the adjustable ones (if adjusted properly)

Igor

NOW I WANT TO F"IN SCREAM....now its all about a F"IN clock...ARGGGGGGGGGGG!....will someone look at their damn watch........Thankyou fordbuyer ...the radio is ALSO fine...some damn non spoiled sense for a change!.....sheesh!

wonder if Funk master flex or chip fuse will do a version of the new Taurus? I think if both of them did seperate ones it would be cool and then if they also did one together you could mix hip hop and old school rock together....

Taurus Limited uses these Head restains:

trs08_pg_int_002_lg.jpg

I have to admit, I never sat in the rear of a FH so I cannot comment on the comfort - but from SAFETY point of view - the fixed head restraints are probably MUCH less safe for most people than the adjustable ones (if adjusted properly)

Igor

Igor,

I agree with you 100%. Personally, I think that the integrated head restraints look tacky and out of place while the adjustable ones look upscale and luxurious. Ive sat only in five hundreds with adjustable read head restraints and they were fine although I must say that I never lean back while sitting in a car, front or rear seat. I would not buy a 500/Taurus without adjustable rear head restraints not because they are not as safe, but because they look dumb and I wouldnt stand lookingin the rearview mirror an having two protruding mounds of foam taunting me.

the fixed head restraints are probably MUCH less safe for most people than the adjustable ones (if adjusted properly)

Igor

Makes me wonder what percentage of adjustable head restraints in cars are actually adjusted properly for the seat occupant. I would venture to guess it's in the single digits.

There's something else for Volvo to work on: infrared sensors in the head restraint that measure you head location and continuously adjust the height of the restraint as appropriate.

This vehicle is on the lot in Franklin,TN

Disclaimer: This window sticker is only representative of the information contained on an actual window sticker, and may or may not match the actual window sticker on the vehicle itself. Please see your retailer for further information.

Vehicle Description VIN 1FAHP25W68*******

TAURUS 2008 FWD LIMITED

3.5L V6 DURATEC ENGINE

6-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION Exterior

ALLOY CLEARCOAT METALLIC

Interior

CAMEL LEATHER SEATING

Standard Equipment INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE

EXTERIOR

. 18" BRIGHT ALUMINUM WHEELS

. CHROME 3-BAR GRILLE

. FOG LAMPS

. AUTO HEADLAMP OFF DELAY

. CHROME POWER, HEATED,

FOLDING EXTERIOR MIRRORS

INTERIOR

. 8-WAY POWER DRIVER'S SEAT

. AUDIOPHILE 6CD/MP3/SUBWOOF

. DUAL ELEC AUTO TEMP CNTRL

. MESSAGE CENTER

. OUTSIDE TEMP/COMPASS DSPLY

. WOODGRAIN INTERIOR ACCENTS

. LEATHER TRIMMED SEATS

. HEATED DRIVER/PASS SEATS

. 4-WAY POWER PASSENGER SEAT

WITH MANUAL LUMBAR

FUNCTIONAL

. FRONT WHEEL DRIVE

. TRACTION CONTROL

. POWER WNDOWS/LOCKS/MIRRORS

. POWER STEERING

. 8 CUP/BOTTLE HOLDERS

. 20 GALLON FUEL TANK

SAFETY/SECURITY

. PERSONAL SAFETY SYSTEM

. FRONT SEAT SIDE AIRBAGS

. SAFETY CANOPY - 2 ROWS

. ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM

. TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR SYS

. LATCH CHILD SAFETY SYSTEM

. SECURILOCK PASS ANTI THEFT

. OCCUPNT CLASSIFICATION SYS

. REMOTE PERIMETER LIGHTING

. RMT KEYLESS ENTRY W/KEYPAD

WARRANTY

. 3YR/36,000 BUMPER / BUMPER

. 5YR/60,000 POWERTRAIN

. 5YR/60,000 ROADSIDE ASSIST

Price Information MSRP

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $26,845

Key Standard Equipment

ORDER CODE 120A

Optional Equipment

2008 MODEL YEAR

ALLOY CLEARCOAT METALLIC

CAMEL LEATHER SEATING

.3.5L V6 DURATEC ENGINE

.6-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION

.P225/55R18 BSW TIRES

LIMITED CONVENIENCE PACKAGE 475

.UNIVERSAL GARAGE DOOR OPENER

.REVERSE SENSING SYSTEM

.CARGO NET

.MEMORY ADJUSTABLE PEDALS

POWER MOONROOF 895

ADVANCE TRAC ESC 495

SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC 195

18" 7-SPOKE CHROME WHEEL 695

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS 29,600

DESTINATION & DELIVERY 750

TOTAL MSRP $30,350

Disclaimer: Option pricing will be blank for any item that is priced as 0 or "No Charge".

This vehicle qualifies

for auto insurance discounts,

call 1-866-367-3131 or visit

www.fordautoinsurance.com

for availability in your state.

Estimated Annual Fuel Cost:$1,809 CITY MPG

HIGHWAY MPG

28 Vehicle Engine Information

2008 TAURUS FWD, 3.5L ENG., 4 VALVE DOHC V6, FUEL INJECTION, CATALYST, 6 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

Actual mileage will vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits and vehicle's condition. Results reported to EPA indicate that the majority of vehicles with these estimates will achieve between 14 and 22 mpg in the city and between 23 and 33 mpg on the highway.

For Comparison Shopping all vehicles classified as LARGE have been issued mileage ratings from 10 to 21 mpg city and 14 to 31 mpg highway.

Ford Extended Service Plan is the ONLY service contract backed by Ford and honored by over 5,100 Ford and Lincoln-Mercury retailers. Ask your retailer for prices and additional details or see our website at www.Ford-ESP.com

Makes me wonder what percentage of adjustable head restraints in cars are actually adjusted properly for the seat occupant. I would venture to guess it's in the single digits.

There's something else for Volvo to work on: infrared sensors in the head restraint that measure you head location and continuously adjust the height of the restraint as appropriate.

See the good things about Volvo head restraints is that when they are in the raised and upright position they provide head protection for probably all but a small percentage of the population. If the restraints are folded down they fall forward forcing the rear passengers to extended them upwards and use them.

If the restraints are folded down they fall forward forcing the rear passengers to extended them upwards and use them.

Another good thing: There's a button on the dash that folds the back headrests forward.

Nothing like administering a Three-Stooges-esque smack on back seat passengers by remote control :D

I been meaning to take some pictures of the holding lots at the assembly plant, they have a few thousand cars waiting to be delivered.

Engineers have been driving the hell out of these cars, lots of people are taking them home over the weekend to make sure everything is ok with them too. I never remember seeing so many tauruses out on the street getting tested like this. I hope they're beating the $hit out of them too so any little problem will surface and get taken care of.

As long as Ford keeps doing this with their cars............

The last thing they need is a repeat of past mistakes where they stop taking the drugs as soon as they start feeling better (e.g. pioneering customer research and team methodologies with the Taurus, and then abandoning them instead of applying them across the corporation).

I been meaning to take some pictures of the holding lots at the assembly plant, they have a few thousand cars waiting to be delivered.

Engineers have been driving the hell out of these cars, lots of people are taking them home over the weekend to make sure everything is ok with them too. I never remember seeing so many tauruses out on the street getting tested like this. I hope they're beating the $hit out of them too so any little problem will surface and get taken care of.

Have you talked to anyone that has driven one, or have you driven one yourself? Any driving impressions you might be able to share?

how in the hell does a taurus cost $30,000. When ford stated that the new taurus was starting at 24,000 i knew that they were not serious about selling cars. They are trying to sell outside of ford's market.

What happened to all of the savings from having the supplier park on site? Just like the fusion being made in Mexico. If we the workers eat up so much of ford's profits, why does the fusion top out at 26,000? Aren't they saving money by making it in Mexico?