Taurus TV Advertising

hbalek

More car less focus on the family shots......not attention grabbing whatsoever. There has to be a way to tout this as a family car, that is safe, roomy, and fuel efficent without boring the hell out of folks.

Yeah, where's the excitement? The Taurus is back and it's better than ever, with more room, style, safety, power and economy!

Neither have I

just recently I have seen them...I know their not Canadian....because our commercials say built for life in Canada at the end....they say have you driven a ford after them...and a line comes in from the left....draws the word lately below the others...and leaves through the right...and they have the song behind...maybe I'm wrong...maybe they are Canadian.

Actually I like where they are taking the advertising for this car. This ad was not perfect, but I like the "family" theme. This is a family car. It is not a sports car. They don't need to be showing the Taurus on a test track. The Taurus is not about excitement so why pretend it is. The Taurus is about being the perfect family car so I would hope they start with safety and then move to other reasons why it is the perfect family car. Fuel is still high and people still need room so maybe it is a chance to get some of those families out of the SUV and back into a very roomy car like the Taurus.

Maybe I was the only one, but I did feel a little nostalgia when the announcer said...Introducing the all new Ford Taurus. That sounded good. Sounded like the days when things were good at Ford and therefore gave me some hope for the future of the company. Also, at least no one can argue when Ford calls it the all new Taurus because it certainly is an all new Taurus. :D

Edited by 2005Explorer

Anybody seen this crap? Looks like a disgruntled Chevy fan. Ouch. Also find it rather ironic that he thinks that the Taurus is a "flip flopper." Does he not realize what a Chevy Malibu was originally back in the 60s? The Malibu used to be a muscle car. Now it's a crappy FWD V6 sedan. Who is really flip floppin?

By the way, there's a neat walk around from the chief engineer:

Edited by SVT_MAN

It's funny seeing commercials from back then. Back then they were so, hmmm cheesy, wholesome, might be the way I perceive them. Not Beaver Cleaver still, but sort of pure and naive. Then we see the commercials from today which are a bit more risque, bolder, alive, energetic....Just makes me appreciate how we have moved forward as a culture. Maybe in 10 years we'll see some butts and breasts in our commercial like in Europe, and people won't have a fit LOL

oh MAN .. this was AWFUL ...

AWFUL ... they have NO idea how to advertise a good sedan .. it will probably take them a year or 2 like with the Fusion to get it right.

Igor

I don't see how its awful...they're focusing on a single element as not to overload people....making people see that Ford cares is nt a bad thing...this is the type of advertisement toyota does for the Camry...they may be on to something here.

I don't see how its awful...they're focusing on a single element as not to overload people....making people see that Ford cares is nt a bad thing...this is the type of advertisement toyota does for the Camry...they may be on to something here.

no they actually DO focus on too many things .. - they HAD to mention the other Fords (why?).. and their lawyers forced them REFINE the catchy "Safest car in America" to an completely un-catchy - "Rated safest full-size sedan in America" - people completely ignore legal -lingo like that it makes NO sense to them at all..

instead .. the Camry launched with slogans like "When does best selling sedan in America becomes the best sedan for America" .. or the new Altima launched with "Yup, it's that good" - with each spot focusing on different aspect of the car.

The worst part - Ford HAD the perfect slogan" we developed the Perfect Family Sedan - and Gave it the perfect name - Taurus" - could have been used as "Taurus - The perfect Family Sedan" - with several shots each focusing on different aspect - space, interior room, rear DVD system, safety, fuel economy, AWD, price.

See the difference?

Igor

I disagree, I think the current Taurus slogan, despite its legal wordiness, is the best slogan out of all those you mentioned. I would react more to a concrete statement like "this has actually been shown to be the safest full size...." as opposed to "this is the best car because its the best seller" or "yup, it's that good".

I agree though that future ads should so a bit more about what this car has to offer.

Sad to see this ad for what looks to be a fine car.

Someone missed the boat. The tag line "we built the perfect family car and gave it the perfect name" line is great.

My son and I just saw the first 08 Taurus in this area come off the truck a few minutes ago.

WOW is all we can say, Much better in person than the pictures show. it has a real sharp look.

Might be a good thing the Dealer was closed, It may be time to move out of the SUV and back to a sedan.

On the "have you driven a Ford Lately? Yes They have been using that line here in New England for the last coule months. Not quite like the old days, but the line is there at the end of the ads. Have been a lot of Ford ads on the Red Sox games this year.