AN: Buyers Zoom In on Focus

range

About that 70MPG figure you're throwing around. I'm fairly sure that's IMPERIAL gallons, not US. So if I remember the conversion right, it's closer to 50mpg in US gallons.

I mentioned it was European in Post 12.

The Focus still has piss poor MPG compared to a 207, so l would not buy a LOW MPG bland Focus

Sorry JASON l made a mistake with the Peugeot 207 figures it was not 70 MPG it should of been 74.3 MPG. Here is the model below, 308 will be big on MPG like you say. 307 is going to be discontinued l think, l just wish these cars were Fords l would be down the Ford dealers tomorrow and buy one the styling is superb as well. All we have is a boring bland Focus with low MPG.

Scroll down the page as its blank at the top it gives details on the 74.3 MPG Peugeot 207 Diesel

http://motoring.virgin.net/comparison.html?serialno=25277

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

surprising since all you do here is bitch about this and that...trying to see if I ever remembered you saying something postive about a Ford product.

That's because you Ford pr people never NEVER notice when somebody says anything good about a Ford product, you guys just nip at people's heels when they point out the obvious like little yapping dogs. If people sit back and shut up like you guys wish everybody would, the dolts at Ford who make formerly great cars like the Focus into piles of shit will never get it and keep doing their thing. Ford is in no place to be mediocre, or passive, they need to step it up about 27 notches, when they come out with new cars that are years behind the competitions current offerings, things aren't looking good.

I bitch because I'm a Ford nut and I have been my whole life, and I want them to make the best cars, period, as far as I'm concerned everybody here who just cheerleads every boneheaded thing Ford does and won't offer the slightest bit of criticism of the company aren't Ford people at all. If they were, they'd be pissed that the company has been driven to the brink by the inept management who don't seem to have a clue how to build good cars. Judging by what we know of Mulally, there's going to be a whole lot of disappointed cheerleaders when Ford stops building "mediocre" since that's what they like. Maybe they are a bunch of trolls from GMI or a Toyota board. I don't think most of of the cheerleaders even know what kind of company this used to be, or what made them great, you have people like 630land who thinks Ford has been building nothing but FWD econoboxes it's entire history, and probably thinks "Total Performance" is something to do with NASA.

I'm a Ford nut, and I'm pissed off a bunch of fruity "businessmen" that probably couldn't tell you what the firing order of an ICE is have run my favorite company into the ground and made it the laughing stock everywhere you go. Any Ford nut would be too, and owning stock doesn't make one a fan, those people care about their wallet, not good cars.

:stats:

Edited by Blueblood

Sorry JASON l made a mistake with the Peugeot 207 figures it was not 70 MPG it should of been 74.3 MPG. Here is the model below, 308 will be big on MPG like you say. 307 is going to be discontinued l think, l just wish these cars were Fords l would be down the Ford dealers tomorrow and buy one the styling is superb as well. All we have is a boring bland Focus with low MPG.

Scroll down the page as its blank at the top it gives details on the 74.3 MPG Peugeot 207 Diesel

That site got me thinking... that is imperial gallons not a Std U.S. gallon -- comes to 62.9mpg which still isn't bad. The 2007 gas U.S. Focus get 45mpg if you figure it out using imperial gallons.(with the U.S. testing) I wonder if those other m.p.g. for the new 308 are quoted in imperial gallons as well. Yes the 307 goes away when the 308 comes out.

That's because you Ford pr people never NEVER notice when somebody says anything good about a Ford product, you guys just nip at people's heels when they point out the obvious like little yapping dogs. If people sit back and shut up like you guys wish everybody would, the dolts at Ford who make formerly great cars like the Focus into piles of shit will never get it and keep doing their thing. Ford is in no place to be mediocre, or passive, they need to step it up about 27 notches, when they come out with new cars that are years behind the competitions current offerings, things aren't looking good.

I bitch because I'm a Ford nut and I have been my whole life, and I want them to make the best cars, period, as far as I'm concerned everybody here who just cheerleads every boneheaded thing Ford does and won't offer the slightest bit of criticism of the company aren't Ford people at all. If they were, they'd be pissed that the company has been driven to the brink by the inept management who don't seem to have a clue how to build good cars. Judging by what we know of Mulally, there's going to be a whole lot of disappointed cheerleaders when Ford stops building "mediocre" since that's what they like. Maybe they are a bunch of trolls from GMI or a Toyota board. I don't think most of of the cheerleaders even know what kind of company this used to be, or what made them great, you have people like 630land who thinks Ford has been building nothing but FWD econoboxes it's entire history, and probably thinks "Total Performance" is something to do with NASA.

I'm a Ford nut, and I'm pissed off a bunch of fruity "businessmen" that probably couldn't tell you what the firing order of an ICE is have run my favorite company into the ground and made it the laughing stock everywhere you go. Any Ford nut would be too, and owning stock doesn't make one a fan, those people care about their wallet, not good cars.

:stats:

You have rarely said anything positive about a ford product...you should go find 5 posts and link them her where you have given a completely positive review of a ford product....I think it might take you a while.

If people sit back and shut up like you guys wish everybody would, the dolts at Ford who make formerly great cars like the Focus into piles of shit will never get it and keep doing their thing. Ford is in no place to be mediocre, or passive, they need to step it up about 27 notches, when they come out with new cars that are years behind the competitions current offerings, things aren't looking good.

Formerly great cars like the Focus? WTF are you talking about? How is 13 recalls something great? I won't even share my experience I had with my Focus, all it proved to me is why People don't buy Fords to start with and if I didn't have a good experience with Ford prior to that Focus, I wouldn't have either.

Maybe if you take the blinders off for a bit, you can see past your rage you have for Ford products...people like you are far too hung up on comparing Ford Number X with Competitors Number Y, then automatically discount the Ford product Without even driving it and consider it a failure. Something might be mediocre in your eyes or other nick-pickers, but when it comes to selling cars, its much more then HP ratings or styling when it boils down to it. There are plenty of examples out there of "Great" cars that never are sales successes (Aura is coming into mind)..what it boils down to is how much profit Ford makes off those cars being sold, which adversely affected by other things not directly attributed to its current market share.

The Focus still has piss poor MPG compared to a 207, so l would not buy a LOW MPG bland Focus

What are the figures for the Focus with the Peugeot engine?

anyone claiming a car to be a definite failure before its launch is a dimwit ... obviously most of the online community was completely wrong about the Escape .. and I see no reason why Focus should be any different. The same way anyone claiming a car will be runaway success before it goes on sale is also a dimwit ... the Aura proves it.

Let's let Ford start selling the thing before we write it off .. .at this point anyone's opinion is just that - an opinion/

Right lets compare apples to apples peugeot 307 petrol first 1.4 43.5 ,1.6 38.2 ,20 36.7 now diesel 90 bhp 57.6 ,110 bhp 57.6 ,136 bhp 52.3 all combined from there website.Now ford focus petrol 1.4 60.1 ,1.6 58.9 ,20 50.4 diesel 90 bhp 42.8 ,109 bhp 42.2 ,136 bhp 39.8 all combined from ford website. So when you compare cars in the same class the focus is not bad at all

Don't you mean the bland forus sold in europe....

Yeah, I'm failing to see what the griping is about anymore.

Most of the Focuses sold in Europe look more like this:

i.ford.focus.sedan.studio.05mar.jpg

:boring: :boring: :boring:

Than this:

ford-focus-st-s1b.jpg

The basic C1 Focus design REALLY isn't all that exciting when it comes down to it.

Yeah, I'm failing to see what the griping is about anymore.

Most of the Focuses sold in Europe look more like this:

i.ford.focus.sedan.studio.05mar.jpg

:boring: :boring: :boring:

Than this:

ford-focus-st-s1b.jpg

The basic C1 Focus design REALLY isn't all that exciting when it comes down to it.

I know....it looks just like the outgoing version of the c170

Only place the C1 really puts the C170 to shame (even with the '08 refresh) is the interior.

But you know the more I see the new focus...the more I like it...when I first saw it i wasnt crazy about it....but the more I see it....the more I like it....not that i would ever buy a car that small...but i actually think it looks attractive.

But you know the more I see the new focus...the more I like it...when I first saw it i wasnt crazy about it....but the more I see it....the more I like it....not that i would ever buy a car that small...but i actually think it looks attractive.

I'm holding off judgment until I see them in person. The random studio shots from ridiculous angles rarely help a car look good. For example, I was never too pleased with the front end styling on the new Jaguar XK until I saw a black one on the road the other day and it was flat out STUNNING. Real world observation beats even the best photographer's interpretation.

The average american has actually showed interest in the 2008 focus, they know nothing about good looking focus sold in europe.

they also do not know of the great 5door Civic sold in Europe, the new Corolla sold in Europe, the better Golf sold in Europe or MANY other models that OTHER automakers keep away from US shoppers.. but it is Ford who gets the slack ..

Igor