MKS will debut in LA, on sale by Summer

igor

But Mazda offers a manual with their V6...at least for now. If they don't in the next generation, it gets knocked off my list as well.

I agree with you to a certain extent...smoothness of a six is nice...but a 4 cylinder turbo will/ should out perform, have better weight distribution/ handling dynamics, get better gas mileage, be cleaner.....I'm stoked...could be a great combo.....hopefully Ford will stylistically differentiate it as well....

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with you to a certain extent...smoothness of a six is nice...but a 4 cylinder turbo will/ should out perform, have better weight distribution/ handling dynamics, get better gas mileage, be cleaner.....I'm stoked...could be a great combo.....hopefully Ford will stylistically differentiate it as well....

If Ford offers a manual with the turbo 4, I'd condider it -- assuming they fix the uglified center console as well.

If Ford offers a manual with the turbo 4, I'd condider it -- assuming they fix the uglified center console as well.

center stack doesn't really bother me...sure it could be improved...interestingly enough though....The Brick ( stereo ) that offends some has to make aftermarket stereo guys happy...oh well, my guess if it was all swoopy people would be up in arms about it not being aftermarket stereo friendly....

So let me get this straight...

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Fusion will have 4 engines AND a hybrid option...?

2.5 4cyl

3.0 PIP 6cyl

2.5 GTTDI 4cyl

3.5 6cyl

?

Seems a little much for a car that doesn't sell in terribly large volumes. Not that I'm complaining, I'll take the d35 with a stick if they'll make it.

So let me get this straight...

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Fusion will have 4 engines AND a hybrid option...?

2.5 4cyl

3.0 PIP 6cyl

2.5 GTTDI 4cyl

3.5 6cyl

?

Seems a little much for a car that doesn't sell in terribly large volumes. Not that I'm complaining, I'll take the d35 with a stick if they'll make it.

I think the 3.5 will eventually make the 3.0 redundant...so it will be 2.5 for the base, 2.5 tt sporty spice, 3.5 luxo ........

Sounds like the original plan was for the Fusion to keep the PIP 3.0 instead of getting the 3.5L, but somebody put their foot down and decided to move ahead with the 3.5L instead. I don't see a need for both unless the 3.5L is only for a special limited edition and the 3.0L PIP is needed to fill the rest of the volume.

Sounds like the original plan was for the Fusion to keep the PIP 3.0 instead of getting the 3.5L, but somebody put their foot down and decided to move ahead with the 3.5L instead. I don't see a need for both unless the 3.5L is only for a special limited edition and the 3.0L PIP is needed to fill the rest of the volume.

yeah - it might be - volume limited the first year meaning higher profits and the volume picked up by the D30pip ... but w eshall see ..

Igor

where it )2.5L I-4, TT GDI) was before - it will get better mileage than the D35 - it was never there for POWER - it was there for ECONOMY

Igor

Some how I don't know how a single (let alone twin) Turbo 4 and GDI can be marketed as an ECONOMY option. The cost to Ford of one turbo with GDI and all the associated plumbing, etc, etc, etc has to be over $500. With mark up, it will be at least an additional $2000 to the customer. (Hmm, what is VW getting for a diesel option ?)

How many miles will I have to drive even at $5/gal to get my money back ?

Well, I can pray for a manual.

Highly unlikely.

It is difficult (i.e. expensive) to calibrate manuals for emissions. Volumes are too low to justify the cost. Although the Fusion/Milan I4/manual is selling better than any one expected.

There has been a push to reduce the number manuals in all F Series, even the Super Duties. Volumes for certain engine/axles ratios with manual transmission can actually be less than 10,000 units/year !

Highly unlikely.

It is difficult (i.e. expensive) to calibrate manuals for emissions. Volumes are too low to justify the cost. Although the Fusion/Milan I4/manual is selling better than any one expected.

There has been a push to reduce the number manuals in all F Series, even the Super Duties. Volumes for certain engine/axles ratios with manual transmission can actually be less than 10,000 units/year !

How the heck is it hard to calibrate for emissions? Just give it the same darn gearing as the automatics and the emissions would be identical.

Puppies I can deal with.

Cats just make me want to get violent. :slap: :slug: :whipped: :chairshot: :beatdeadhorse:

What about seals? You got a problem with seals?

Cats seem to be polarizing animals. I like mine (I laughed hysterically at Homer's assertion that he "used to think that cats were just for losers in apartments").

Tiger-Cub--C10095265.jpeg

What about seals? You got a problem with seals?

Cats seem to be polarizing animals. I like mine (I laughed hysterically at Homer's assertion that he "used to think that cats were just for losers in apartments").

Tiger-Cub--C10095265.jpeg

rather have my cat than a sub 20lb YAPPER! four legged slippers them small dogs........